• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita Games: What does this thing have?

Why is HSG a.sale game?

Furthermore, why does the nO-content RR get a sale purchase, but the higher content MNR gets a no? MNR is the better racing title between the two.

Edit: Read above impressions, guess my limited time with the demo wasn't enough!

I've got both, and honestly, MNR for all its fine points (I love the track editor with the touch interface), it simply lacks those few extra levels of sheen and polish. Loading issues and a few questionable interface issues really can make it a chore to play. Ridge doesn't have a slew of content from the get-go, but it's a pure and luxurious racer that - at least for me - sidesteps a lot of the content question by making it more about community interaction, chasing scores/ghosts etc.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There are a few more games than the OP listed.

Street Fighter X Tekken
Sound Shapes (PSN)
Mortal Kombat
Doctor Who (PSN)
Persona 4: The Golden

Just to start. Plus E3 isn't too far off and there will most likely be a lot more announcements then. Considering the launch lineup, there is plenty of selection to choose from already as well.

Allow me to help you finish:

Call of Duty Vita
New King's Story
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
MGS HD Collection
Phantasy Online 2

And in case anyone was wondering what the OP listed and is to lazy to find it:

Gravity Daze
Resistence: Burning Skies
LittleBigPlanet

Maybe its a little bit thick with the console ports, but like DoctorWho said E3 is still around the corner.

Famassu

Army Corps of Hell is also not a definite NO. It's simple and can get repetitive, yeah, but from what I've played it it's not a bad game by any means. It's a good enough game that I'd recommend it once it hits those sub-20$ prices. Not quite worth it at full price, but if a kind of faster-paced heavy metal Pikmin sounds like a good idea to you, it might be a game worth checking out.

Number45

Army Corps of Hell is also not a definite NO. It's simple and can get repetitive, yeah, but from what I've played it it's not a bad game by any means. It's a good enough game that I'd recommend it once it hits those sub-20$ prices. Not quite worth it at full price, but if a kind of faster-paced heavy metal Pikmin sounds like a good idea to you, it might be a game worth checking out.
Tempted to pick this up, but I didn't get on with Pikmin or Overlord (the closest comparisons I can think of).

Nice list but i can't believe you placed HSG under 'wait for sales'. It is easily one of Vita's best games.

Exactly what I came here to post. In fact the whole buy/don't buy thing annoyed me. Present the info and let the people decide, don't dictate opinion to them....

Nice list but i can't believe you placed HSG under 'wait for sales'. It is easily one of Vita's best games.

Exactly what I came here to post. One of my favorite Vita games so far, and it's a polished piece of work. Quick loading, enough content to satisfy most, and online play that keeps it interesting for a long time.

Easily one of the Top 5 launch games IMO, and one of the few that will hold up over time due to it's high level of polish.

winjet81

Call of Duty Vita
New King's Story
MGS HD Collection
Phantasy Online 2

Gravity Daze
LittleBigPlanet

Maybe its a little bit thick with the console ports, but like DoctorWho said E3 is still around the corner.

So, Call of Duty and Zone of Enders HD have been officially announced for Vita? I've only seen rumours, but nothing iron clad on those fronts.

I was a huge PSP backer in the day, but have now decided (due to budget reasons... and due to future Vita software uncertainty) that I will pick up a Vita once they announce a new Metal Gear entry and/or a Resident Evil game.

What are the chances of this happening?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So, Call of Duty and Zone of Enders HD have been officially announced for Vita? I've only seen rumours, but nothing iron clad on those fronts.

I was a huge PSP backer in the day, but have now decided (due to budget reasons... and due to future Vita software uncertainty) that I will pick up a Vita once they announce a new Metal Gear entry and/or a Resident Evil game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember Zone of Enders HD being announced under the transfarring name during the Konami E3 preshow conference party thing they did with the Mega64 guys. That would mean both PS3 and PSVita versions. There might be fears of cancellation I guess, but Kojima at least seems to be pimping it in various ways over the last few months. EDIT: I just did a quick google search, apparently they announced it at Sony's E3 too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVI4P6I3JQ

As for Call of Duty:

Call of Duty for the PlayStation Vita will deploy this fall. That's according to Sony senior vice president of PlayStation brand marketing Guy Longworth, speaking to GameTrailers.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/call-of-duty-vita-deploying-this-fall-6350718

Seems pretty official to me.

I believe everything on that list has been announced.

Was Disgaea 3 on the PS3 well recieved? I'm thinking the Vita version in a few weeks might be my next purchase. I enjoyed Disgaea 1 and Makai Kingdom but never played any of the others. From the outside looking in it seemed like the series was getting a little too convoluted compared to the straight forward nature of Disgaea 1 (which I liked)

scy

Was Disgaea 3 on the PS3 well recieved? I'm thinking the Vita version in a few weeks might be my next purchase. I enjoyed Disgaea 1 and Makai Kingdom but never played any of the others. From the outside looking in it seemed like the series was getting a little too convoluted compared to the straight forward nature of Disgaea 1 (which I liked)

Hm ... Disgaea 3 does convolute a lot of things with the mechanics overhaul. But, at the same time, it's not like you can't just play them and pick up the barebones basics of it. Disgaea 1's straight forward nature was more in the fact that it didn't have anything to be complicated about, really.

ReaperXL7

If I remember correctly it was pretty well liked by the general fanbase, but alot of critics did not take to it very much. I enjoyed it alot myself, and there is a huge amount of content packed into the original game, so with all of the extras in the Vita version it's easily a game that would last you a good while.

It's kind of hard to say if you would take to it or not, because I've found that it's a game that you have to play to know if it will "click" for you, my advice would be to watch some gameplay vids on youtube and see if you think it looks like too much for ya.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol at buying Ridge Racer for any price

Any word on MK's new features other than mini games and costumes for dlc dudez?

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with everyone that says F1 is shit. Seems like the only people saying that are the people who haven't actually played it. I'm not saying it's the best game ever, but it's a damn solid racer and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. And I don't understand the criticisms of the visuals, I think it looks fine.

2oZnD.jpg

Again, not OMG FANTASTIC but it looks fine. As someone who loves racing games, I'd put this above Ridge Racer for content, and overall ahead of Modnation and Asphalt. Though of course, Wipeout is the Vita's premier racing title. I do think it's overpriced right now, but this isn't the shit game everyone keeps saying it is.

ReaperXL7

lol at buying Ridge Racer for any price

Any word on MK's new features other than mini games and costumes for dlc dudez?

well from what I remember in the last thread, there are 150 new challanges for the Tower, there is the test your balance, and test your slice mini games, all of the characters including the DLC ones, and I think there are costumes that atleast for alittle while will be exclusive to the vita game. It also has touch fuctionality for the X-rays, and Fatalitities.

It looks great to me, I just pre-ordered that and Burning Skies, though if Sound Shapes gets a solid date before Burning Skies comes out i'll probably switch to that instead.

Perkel

Banned
So far i have

Rayman Origins
BlazBlue extend
Super Stardust Delta
Hustle king.

All awasome :)

I'm considering FIFA but i heard it's fifa2011 not 2012

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i was actually looking forward to Silent Hill i was hoping for a multiplayer Hunter/Gauntlet afair - ah well, there's 4 games out in Japan alone next week - no worries.

I am curious re: F1 2011 - i heard some changes would be made between the US and JPN version so i'd be interested if there is a difference.

Perkel

Banned
If anyone cares, Silent Hill : Book of Memories has been delayed to god knows when.

As if anyone buy that shit.

If they would do this in proper way they i would buy this and since it's re outbrake clone i don't care about it.

MarkusRJR

Call of Duty Vita
New King's Story
MGS HD Collection
Phantasy Online 2

Gravity Daze
LittleBigPlanet

Ummm... I thought Person 4: The Ultimate was PS3/360, not Vita.

Ummm... I thought Person 4: The Ultimate was PS3/360, not Vita.

Yes, this is a common mistake for some reason.

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena is currently NOT announced for Vita release and nobody has ever hinted at it or mentioned anything in relation to it.

Drek

What is their portfolio ?

edit'

i checked. A lot of games. But are any of those games are fun ? Most of them are licensed.

WayForward turn out really good games.

I've played the following:
Batman: Brave and the Bold
Thor: God of Thunder
Bloodrayne: Betrayal
Aliens: Infestation

And would recommend all of them. Their attempt at 3D will be interesting, but their 2D art assets are always top notch and they are very good at getting a fun old school vibe in their games.

Book of Memories might not end up as much of a franchise entry for Silent Hill fans, but I'd bet on WayForward making it an enjoyable game. My only real disappointment is that WayForward isn't currently making something 2D for the Vita. On that screen their games would look amazing.

Perkel

Banned
WayForward turn out really good games.

I've played the following:
Batman: Brave and the Bold
Thor: God of Thunder
Bloodrayne: Betrayal
Aliens: Infestation

And would recommend all of them. Their attempt at 3D will be interesting, but their 2D art assets are always top notch and they are very good at getting a fun old school vibe in their games.

Book of Memories might not end up as much of a franchise entry for Silent Hill fans, but I'd bet on WayForward making it an enjoyable game. My only real disappointment is that WayForward isn't currently making something 2D for the Vita. On that screen their games would look amazing.

Oh i see. that one look fun.

If they will do justice to it i will like it like i liked 3rd birthday on PSP.

mangaroo

Banned
Challenge tower in MK actually looks pretty fun and definately worth a play but the character models looked so weak on the video I saw...not sure, as UMvC3 and Blazblue (3.3GB!) haven't sold me either.

Great work on the thread, whitehawk.

Good idea. I think I'll change it to a metacritic % average, and make it a link to the metacritic page.

That would be a good idea, the metacritic link at least. Lots of varrying opinions on the games.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with everyone that says F1 is shit. Seems like the only people saying that are the people who haven't actually played it. I'm not saying it's the best game ever, but it's a damn solid racer and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. And I don't understand the criticisms of the visuals, I think it looks fine.

Again, not OMG FANTASTIC but it looks fine. As someone who loves racing games, I'd put this above Ridge Racer for content, and overall ahead of Modnation and Asphalt. Though of course, Wipeout is the Vita's premier racing title. I do think it's overpriced right now, but this isn't the shit game everyone keeps saying it is.

I think the problem is that the game is a lazy, very lazy, port. Having to put your name in via the d-pad and buttons rather than touching the screen proves this right from the start. There is no denying the game looks good but the overall game could've been tweaked in a few departments to make use of the Vita features rather than just a cash grab on a 6 month old game.

mjc

So what's the consensus on The Show 12 for Vita? I'm gonna be getting a Vita and I kinda have an itch for baseball. Is it pretty much as solid as the PS3 version?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
How is Escape Plan? Impressions, opinions, etc. A link to anything resembling an OT would be appreciated too.

bunbun777

Another vote for replacing opinion with metacritic. Or just not having anything is fine. Actually on second thought, a link to the OT if there is one would be super handy.

Bumhead

Banned
Are we expecting anything for release in April? I thought Mortal Kombat was due in April but I see it's 2nd May now (UK).

Not sure if there's anything else due in April? Maybe the month to pick up Unit 13..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Are we expecting anything for release in April? I thought Mortal Kombat was due in April but I see it's 2nd May now (UK).

Not sure if there's anything else due in April? Maybe the month to pick up Unit 13..

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention is supposed to drop in April. It's a three and a half year old port and the Digaea series is very niche, but I'll be buying it. I played a good fifty hours of the PS3 version, but that's like half an hour in Disgaea time. I love the battle system and it's super deep, so it should be a nice little time sink for me. Plus, I'm starved for Vita RPG's, I'll take whatever I can get.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Japan has a fairly busy April

@field
That anime fishing game
Samurai v Dragon
Pro Spirits Baseball
Motorstorm RC
Little King story

this week alone.

I'll be buying all of the above, though Sam v Dra is free and i already own Motorstorm RC, so technically i'm not buying them all... but i digress.

I'll pass on my thoughts when i get off my lazy arse. Mainly interested in Pro Spirits and i have my fingers crossed that @field is as fun as it sounds.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention is supposed to drop in April. It's a three and a half year old port and the Digaea series is very niche, but I want it on my Vita. I played a good fifty hours of the PS3 version, but that's like half an hour in Disgaea time.

I planned to play the JPN version but that hasn't happened and i'm quite fond of the translations so i'll double dip DD Disgaea

neoemonk

I feel sort of lame but I want that Hot Shots game. I just think they are a lot of fun.

I'm disappointed that I bought MGS HD collection on my PS3 already though. If I had known a Vita version was coming I would have waited.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bleh...the very least Sony could do is focus on releasing PSP stuff on the pan store if I gotta wait so long between releases...

Top Bottom