• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
the worst part of e3 coming in less than a month is the fact that those who have been keeping up with this thread have to explain everything to everyone who seems set on jumping to conclusions.

guek

Banned
Yeah, I bet that's what it is, nice bonus from this leak.

It actually reveals a lot. The placement of the camera is intended to be pointing at the TV at all times. Devs can use this during gameplay at any given moment and it wont feel cumbersome because you wont have to change positions. I'm willing to bet it'll also help keep the controller gyros calibrated at all times. Fantastic.

guek

Banned
Well, you've finally got my support. I don't post a lot, but I was one of your lurking skeptics. Nice work, you're vindicated.

It gives me immense hope because I've always taken what he's had to say with a huge grain of salt. I still will from here on out, it'll just be a much much much smaller grain. I'm pumped now though because he's been relatively optimistic about the system's graphical capabilities.

suracity

Rayman Legend is beautiful!
But I still don't understand why Ubi prepares a trailer soooo early. For what? And it is leaked. You could imagine the reaction from Nintendo haha.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
That could still be a dev unit controller, with that wire set-up and stuff.

I'm in a good mood, so i'll drop a mini-bomb, k ?

This is NOT the final & definitive controller. The one used in this trailer isn't the "updated" model.

guek

Banned

This is NOT the final & definitive controller. The one used in this trailer isn't the "updated" model.

My biggest question for you is...did you know this was going to leak? If you can't say, you can't say, but I'm extremely curious. You did reveal the name well in advance...

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
It gives me immense hope because I've always taken what he's had to say with a huge grain of salt. I still will from here on out, it'll just be a much much much smaller grain. I'm pumped now though because he's been relatively optimistic about the system's graphical capabilities.

Well, the equivalent of 20 or 30 pm exchanged with lherre, its message about my info here, my justifications, the consistency of it, should had been enough. I hope it's alleviating further the doubts though. AND it doesn't exclude the possibility that i could be wrong in some points because a lot of things are in flux + second-hand knowledge + dose of subjectivity.

For the optimistic comment, well, i'm not 5x xbox360 optimistic either :p

suracity

IdeaMan! Nice work!

But isn't it even more weird than Ubi does a trailer for it so early.. I mean show to whom? E3? but at that time everyone will notice the controller is different....

orioto

Good Art™

Let it out Ideaman, everything is leaked anyway, you can unleash the whole thing, it's safe now :p

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
My biggest question for you is...did you know this was going to leak? If you can't say, you can't say, but I'm extremely curious. You did reveal the name well in advance...

The name was already known, it was the Wii U version that wasn't confirmed at all for the press, and i knew it was in development.

guek

Banned
Well, the equivalent of 20 or 30 pm exchanged with lherre, its message about my info here, my justifications, the consistency of it, should had been enough. I hope it's alleviating further the doubts though. AND it doesn't exclude the possibility that i could be wrong in some points because a lot of things are in flux + second-hand knowledge + dose of subjectivity.

For the optimistic comment, well, i'm not 5x xbox360 optimistic either :p

Don't take any offense to it, I just think it's common sense to be slightly doubtful of all anonymous unofficial online sources, regardless of their track record. I trust you a lot more now, but I wont believe everything you say automatically.

MY MIND IS TOO POWERFUL FOR THAT.

Yeah precisely. I love it when people just recognize when their fav brand is just trying to make money and doesn't add anything, and they enjoy it :p

But what about people that recognize the new feature and are actually excited about it? My girlfriend loves to collect those little Rabbids figurines, and now she can use them in the sequel to one of her favorite games?

As she isn't that proficient with gaming as me and my friends are, the Upad controls as a "gamemaster" are perfect for her to join us playing the game and still be able to relax and enjoy the experience instead of having to fear of falling of every second cliff while having to keep pace with the rest of us.

It's exactly the feature that the Pad should introduce. Enhanced local Multiplayer that caters to different skillsets without being condescending about it.

This trailer is confirming a lot of my hopes for the WiiU and it's integration of the pad into local Multiplayer. I would agree however that these features are pretty conservative, but then again, Rayman is hardly the game to go apeshit crazy with gameplay features.
What's been shown is allready enough for me to be a believer that the WiiU will bring me a lot of quality entertainment for me and my girlfriend, as well as friends.

TriGen

IdeaMan! Nice work!

But isn't it even more weird than Ubi does a trailer for it so early.. I mean show to whom? E3? but at that time everyone will notice the controller is different....

Probaly just some internal "focus" trailer. Getting a feel for what they want the final E3 trailer to look like.

Log4Girlz

Don't take any offense to it, I just think it's common sense to be slightly doubtful of all anonymous unofficial online sources, regardless of their track record. I trust you a lot more now, but I wont believe everything you say automatically.

MY MIND IS TOO POWERFUL FOR THAT.

wsippel

Banned
I won't buy any toys :p
What i'm saying is for exemple, if this is one of the "secret" features, to be able to recognize an object. It's just a marketing thing and won't add any gameplay value. I just hope that's not the Nintendo philosophy here. Just making people buy more things. That works only when you have something breath taking and revolutionary...
You lack vision. Selling toys to unlock content isn't the only thing you can do with NFC.

Well people. Quite a day for Nintendo fans, aint it? :)

Hope a few more "semi" megaton bombs drop to the road to E3 :)

EDIT: I was a bit sceptical of Ideaman but now hes vindicated in my book :)

at this point Nintendo is going to lock down everything tighter or other devs will see the attention Ubisoft is getting off this and sneak out a trailer of their own

regardless things just got REAL :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom