• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |CT| NeoGAF Guild of Believers and Big-Ass-Moe Hunting

NeOak

So, people are interested in the political system. This is what Izayoi told me when I asked about it.

Izayoi said:
TERA politics are really quite simple right now, it's the future plans that make it incredibly more complicated (stuff like Kings and server vs. server). As it is, you guys will likely discuss who's going to control what - as right now everything is decided by popular vote, hence the largest guilds have a voting advantage (one vote per account per server). It's likely that smaller guilds will band together and vote a guild representing them and their interests into power. Large guilds like TFT and NFA will likely shoot for the most valuable areas like endgame zones and capitol cities, while smaller guilds might shoot for more moderate goals like the starter island and stuff. I'd say that's probably all you need to know, really. Keep your wits about you and try to keep tabs on everyone's plans - write stuff down if you have to.

Best of luck!

So, we need to get our stuff in gear and plan for this.
and maybe ask Colbert for a Super PAC lol

Video Explaining the sytem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwxfXm1VukA&t=16s

So, people are interested in the political system. This is what Izayoi told me when I asked about it.

So, we need to get our stuff in gear and plan for this.
and maybe ask Colbert for a Super PAC lol

I'm definitely down for whatever you need/want help with for this. Honestly one of the most interesting end game features to me, and reading about the future plans Izayoi mentioned...oh man!

Soktos

I agree... the political system in the game is unlike anything else. Sounds amazing. Let's hope it stacks up in practice.

Question: I rolled on the Dragonfall server (Soktos in game), but I also enjoy PvP. Am I out of luck? Or will there still be the opportunity for organized PvP on this server, and just not "open world" PvP...

I agree... the political system in the game is unlike anything else. Sounds amazing. Let's hope it stacks up in practice.

Question: I rolled on the Dragonfall server (Soktos in game), but I also enjoy PvP. Am I out of luck? Or will there still be the opportunity for organized PvP on this server, and just not "open world" PvP...

If you really like PVP, you should roll PVP. Even if you roll Dragonfall, you can still create a character on a PVP server just to try it out.

Battlegrounds are being revamped so that has been delayed until Summer which means it could arrive as late as August. Guild Vs Guild is being planned for PVE but it could be a while before this is implemented as I imagine their priority is on Battlegrounds. Server Vs Server will likely roll out to PVP servers as I'm not sure how this could reasonably work on a PVE server.

Outside of that you can get together with other guilds or within your own guild and organize 5v5 or 10v10 deathmatches. You can also challenge players to duels and maybe organize a 1v1 tournament.

Soktos

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I do have a level 9 Slayer on the PvP server, but I think I will main on Dragonfall, as knowing the organized PvP is on its way is good enough. ;)

mileS

Speaking of the political system. I asked today in guild chat and someone said the #1 guild is from the something awful forums. I'm not sure why but that scares me for the future lol.

jiien

Speaking of the political system. I asked today in guild chat and someone said the #1 guild is from the something awful forums. I'm not sure why but that scares me for the future lol.

On Valley of Titans, Dragongod Knightkings (SA) are among the largest. But the 4chan guilds (Touch Fluffy Tail and their overflow, Thin Fried Tofu, No Fun Allowed) all each have 300 members (the cap) as well. SA is big, but not the biggest.

In small doses, because they have six to ten times as many people as we do. :D Let's stalk them

like how we stalked another guild yesterday? lol. i totally creeped behind a rock and waited until you got attacked and i'd come out. lucky they didn't do anything.

AIRic

Hi all! I just sent my request for joining the Believe guild. I'm a priest named Hypnagika on Dragonfall. I'll be playing nearly every night and like to quest with everyone. i used to be a Priest and a Rogue in WoW. Thanks!

Pietepiet

They opened up Essenia again, so made a character there and applied for the EU Guild.

This is like the fourth time I'm playing this Level 1-10 stuff...Argh!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i sent request to join on the valley server :)

Ainaurdur

I am going to take a risk and roll on VoT.

Is it possible to be casual on PVP? I expect to be ganked, but figure I'll give it a try. :)

mileS

On Valley of Titans, Dragongod Knightkings (SA) are among the largest. But the 4chan guilds (Touch Fluffy Tail and their overflow, Thin Fried Tofu, No Fun Allowed) all each have 300 members (the cap) as well. SA is big, but not the biggest.

I should have made it clear that I was talking about the dragonfall server only. Because right now they are ahead by a lot and will probably stay that way.

jiien

Is it possible to be casual on PVP? I expect to be ganked, but figure I'll give it a try. :)

Yeah. Not many people get ganked, and if you ever do, there are usually at least 8 channels, which means you can easily avoid people if you want.

Yeah. Not many people get ganked, and if you ever do, there are usually at least 8 channels, which means you can easily avoid people if you want.

Channel 1 Lumbertown bridge. I wonder if Twodollahoe is still around being an asshat lol.

and i wonder if people realize you can jump in the water and get up from the side.. lol.

jiien

Channel 1 Lumbertown bridge. I wonder if Twodollahoe is still around being an asshat lol.

and i wonder if people realize you can jump in the water and get up from the side.. lol.

Haha, I'm glad no one realizes it. It encourages people to camp the bridges :D

Our guild is getting steadily larger. I love the small little group we have going. Everyone is beginning to know everyone, and by slowly expanding, it gives us time to break new people in to the madness that is VoT Believe.

NeOak

Haha, I'm glad no one realizes it. It encourages people to camp the bridges :D

Our guild is getting steadily larger. I love the small little group we have going. Everyone is beginning to know everyone, and by slowly expanding, it gives us time to break new people in to the madness that is VoT Believe.

You can use the mumble server believe.mumble.com:5756 if you want. I made several channels and you can create temporary ones until i add them.

jiien

You can use the mumble server believe.mumble.com:5756 if you want. I made several channels and you can create temporary ones until i add them.

I'm afraid DMPrince's voice won't be the lovely deep bass that I imagine it to be. And if I ever hear BlazingDarkness' voice, I am absolutely sure I won't stop trying to mimic his accent. :D

NeOak

I'm afraid DMPrince's voice won't be the lovely deep bass that I imagine it to be. And if I ever hear BlazingDarkness' voice, I am absolutely sure I won't stop trying to mimic his accent. :D

lol

Things are never like we want them to be :(

Well I finally decided to give this game a try. Joined Dragonfall as Klownbootz. Level 20 (almost 21) now with a Slayer and have to say I really enjoy this game. Story is, well people have said enough about the story but yeah it sucks...

I have a feeling this might be my hold over until GW2, although going back to tabbed targeting is going to feel so wrong haha.

I'd like to make a character on Dragonfall and join the GAF guild. I'm debating between going Warrior or Mystic, either one in need for the guild?

Wallach

I'd like to make a character on Dragonfall and join the GAF guild. I'm debating between going Warrior or Mystic, either one in need for the guild?

Play whatever you want honestly. No idea how things will bear out in a month or two guild roster wise so you should just go for the one that appeals the most. If you just go by the class numbers in the current roster I am pretty sure Mystics number lower, but Warriors can fit themselves into more groups.

Mims

Applied to the VoT guild. Name is Mims.daddy. Already have a 60 warrior on the server named mims but he's in a guild with some buddies. But seeing how 60 is so limited on things to do figure I make an alt lancer with yall.

Slacker

Applied to the VoT guild. Name is Mims.daddy. Already have a 60 warrior on the server named mims but he's in a guild with some buddies. But seeing how 60 is so limited on things to do figure I make an alt lancer with yall.

Welcome aboard (Streblo here). I assume someone let you in by now. If not we'll get you today.

VoTers, we have any plans for the coming elections?

jiien

Welcome aboard (Streblo here). I assume someone let you in by now. If not we'll get you today.

VoTers, we have any plans for the coming elections?

I don't even know. There are ton of guilds out there with more members than we do, so we can't zerg out way into vanarchy of even a small province. But I'm down for whatever you guys want to do.

I also have to start declaring wars on random guilds just for fun. Can members do it too? Or only the guild master?

NeOak

I don't even know. There are ton of guilds out there with more members than we do, so we can't zerg out way into vanarchy of even a small province. But I'm down for whatever you guys want to do.

I also have to start declaring wars on random guilds just for fun. Can members do it too? Or only the guild master?

I would say try to get one of the 5 PvP provinces.

Hello Kitty plz.

NeOak

Ok, so for those who couldn't attend, there are 5
+2
issues we gotta deal with:

1. Vanarchy province:
    If we want to run for vanarchy, the current alliance of the top guilds are gunning for the following provinces (as in, in groups of 3 they will vote for each other):

ibuWbB34RLuwQz.png

As kinda part of that alliance (because the other one "accepted" us without me ever applying, they aren't organized and half the meeting was about balls and penises :/) we need to pick one province as the top choice. I'm gonna go for Ostgarath 1st and Poporia 2nd.

Since we get one vote per continent, We vote for Heartwood knights in Southern Shara. They and the guilds that are backing them will vote for us in turn.​
  2. Gold
    I tried to raise the 3k, but was only was able to raise about 1.1k. We need the rest asap​
  3. Political ads
    We need to start doing ads for the vanarchy.​
  4. Political Officer
    One of the officers must be designated for this role. Any takers?​
  5. Meetings
    We need to set up a time and day for officer meetings. Twice a month should be fine​
  6. Mumble
    :(
    use it damnit.
  7. Website
    we need one for us. I think i'll get one from mumble.com and use that​

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
1. The city isn't much of a concern to me. I love Poporia myself, but Ostgarath is also great.

2. I can contribute whatever gold I have as long as I can keep ~100g for personal expenses and skill training.

3. ???

4. I would love to, but I'm SUPER busy until mid June. No time really.

5. Agree. Last night was hard because of fiancee (which is what ties me to #4 at the moment), but I should have more time soon.

6. I need to set that up...

7. Yeah, probably smart. And it would allow us to keep a nice set of info available to Believe in particular.

PewPewK

Ok, so for those who couldn't attend, there are 5
+2
issues we gotta deal with:

1. Vanarchy province:
    If we want to run for vanarchy, the current alliance of the top guilds are gunning for the following provinces (as in, in groups of 3 they will vote for each other):

ibuWbB34RLuwQz.png

As kinda part of that alliance (because the other one "accepted" us without me ever applying, they aren't organized and half the meeting was about balls and penises :/) we need to pick one province as the top choice. I'm gonna go for Ostgarath 1st and Poporia 2nd.

Since we get one vote per continent, We vote for Heartwood knights in Southern Shara. They and the guilds that are backing them will vote for us in turn.​
  2. Gold
    I tried to raise the 3k, but was only was able to raise about 1.1k. We need the rest asap​
  3. Political ads
    We need to start doing ads for the vanarchy.​
  4. Political Officer
    One of the officers must be designated for this role. Any takers?​
  5. Meetings
    We need to set up a time and day for officer meetings. Twice a month should be fine​
  6. Mumble
    :(
    use it damnit.
  7. Website
    we need one for us. I think i'll get one from mumble.com and use that​
  1. Vanarchy province: Either one is fine to me.
  2. Gold: I'd love to, but I'm only 45 and don't have a good fraction of what I need to donate. Most I could probably spare is like ~100 or so.
  3. Political ads: Good point, but where should we be targeting our focus? In-game? The TERA forums?
  4. Political Officer: I also agree on this, but I'm not sure who the best candidate would be.
  5. Meetings: I also agree, I was on last night, but it doesn't look like anybody else showed up :(
  6. Website: I'm still working on it! As soon as finals are over I should be able to finish the site up (along with play TERA some more)!

EDarkness

I don't care what area is picked.

I looked at the time and I won't be able to donate any cash because I'll be at work and won't be back until after everything went down. :(

Let me know what times you guys are thinking about for meetings. My work schedule is pretty chaotic, but I'll try to make it.

Good luck with everything. I'll hop into the game when I get home to see how it all went down.

NeOak

Voting phase is up. If you can support us in Dragonfall, we'll appreaciate it. Our alliance is the following:

• Believe in Northern Arun
  • Heartwood Knights in Southern Arun
  • Fairy Tale in Arun

Top Bottom