• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Bauhaus

Banned
7429CECAD6DE9ED99F82B892EF937C4EBF9514F3

Supposely in Badwater Basin.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595852607565000440/ED10F109BED9E0E364C572699A17A968701037EF/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596978507455332800/A5A92CCA79730F969EDF44824EB66893B04DD5BF/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596978507455383569/C814829B49123A89F437F0EC1132ED4FCDBE88D3/

Bluth54

It's crazy that we basically got nothing the first six months this year and now within the span of 2 or so months it looks like we're getting 2 major updates and a minor update.

Hopefully next year the updates will be a little better balanced over the course of the year.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's crazy that we basically got nothing the first six months this year and now within the span of 2 or so months it looks like we're getting 2 major updates and a minor update.

Hopefully next year the updates will be a little better balanced over the course of the year.

Forkball 2.0

I honestly don't think I've ever seen so many positive impressions about a map on here before.

I think it's just alright. It takes way too long to get from spawn to the point. And there are a lot of staircase areas where more maneuverable classes like Scouts can really play it out (Snacks in particular was kicking my ass)

BHK3

Banned
Is the robot head stuff real? I thought something like that would get much more attention but I'm only just now finding out about it along with the rover :I

Sianos

Forkball secretly works at Valve. He wrote Source Engine's netcode and came up with the stats for the Pomson.
jk fork you da bes

I like how the robot heads don't look too advanced, still fitting in with the general TF2 style with the nuts and bolts and peeling paint. They also seem to retain the classes personality and unique silloette.

AcciDante

I see this update coming and the inevitable constantly full server with new people that don't talk...it took awhile to get back on track after the pyro update :(

Luminous_Reaver

Neo Member
Gray's Life Extender Machine must have gone haywire and either killed him, or forced him to ascend to a higher plan of existence. (Causing Gray Mann to become G-man, obviously.) This is going to cause a dead man's switch to activate his army of robotic mercenaries.

Yeef

I think it's just alright. It takes way too long to get from spawn to the point. And there are a lot of staircase areas where more maneuverable classes like Scouts can really play it out (Snacks in particular was kicking my ass)
It actually doesn't if you take the lower path. The route that going out the front spawn door leads you on is probably the longest path to the point. If you head right, you get to the area under the point in just a few seconds.

commissar

Map is alright. Multiple paths are neat.

Mini-sentries can dominate on the point with those low walls making them harder to hit, but letting them fire away freely.

The aesthetics don't really work for me in the context of TF2 but I've given up on that a while ago anyway.

I'm sure I'll appreciate it more when I have more than one enjoyable round.

Yeef

Everything ruins everything.

Honestly, having more than 2 of any class on a team (on any map) makes the game significantly less interesting. I'm not a fan of mini-sentries, but if the other team decides to run 80 scouts, then my only choices are to go scout myself, go natascha heavy or go combat engineer. Either way, it's terrible (assuming I'm not in the mood to play scout).

Blizzard

Banned
Everything ruins everything.

Honestly, having more than 2 of any class on a team (on any map) makes the game significantly less interesting. I'm not a fan of mini-sentries, but if the other team decides to run 80 scouts, then my only choices are to go scout myself, go natascha heavy or go combat engineer. Either way, it's terrible (assuming I'm not in the mood to play scout).
I have long held this position. More than 1-2 scouts means countermeasures as you mention (and I don't feel like natascha is even effecitve on scouts anymore since you have to be so close to get the slowdown).

Teams with too many engineers have obvious annoying factors. Teams with too many snipers typically hurt themselves.

This sort of thing is why I suggest 2fort can actually be enjoyable, possibly as more than mere deathmatch, if there is a 1-engineer limit per side.

Randdalf

3DNJ was on the TF2Maps.net server last night, and said he had a lot of things to fix in the map.

Mini sentries can be enormously powerful on this map - if you get a teleporter on top of the little shack, and then move it onto the roof of the point. Mini sentries up there are hard to spot and cover nearly all the exits. Combined with multiple engineers, it's almost unstoppable.

Top Bottom