• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored E3 Gameplay Walkthrough

patapuf

The goal of the game is to assassinate people.

So I guess it's like Assassin's Creed, not much like MGS where you can tranquilize everybody

it's more like deus ex where you can do extra stuff to dispose of the target by means other than violence.

Enco

Looks brilliant.

Stop time after a guard shoots, posses him, move him infront of the bullet and resume time. Suicide. Awesome.

edit: October release. October is going to be killer

"If the player can control animals, doesn't that break the game?"
"That's the point"

Radical. This looks awesome. I remember when asked about why levitation didn't make into Skyrim, the answer was something along the lines of "it would break the game." That's the fun of these games!

edit: oh my god, it even has leaning.

The M.O.B

The blink almost feels like cheating, instead of crossing the street and risk being seen, you just teleport across..........seems like a no kill run would be most satisfying.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
play it without killing anyone?

guard shoots at you
stop time
possess guard
move him in front of the bullet
start time
suicide

sold!

derFeef

The blink almost feels like cheating, instead of crossing the street and risk being seen, you just teleport across..........seems like a no kill run would be most satisfying.

There is a "mana bar" and he constantly refilled it with a potion or something, I guess it's not that easy to jump around.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
BUT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ASSCREED + BIOSHOCK NOT SOME SHITTY STEALTH AMIRITE?

Dishonored is the closest we'll ever come to a New Crobuzon game.

I've been on this train ever since its GI cover a while back.

Derrick01

Banned
I really liked what I watched and I liked everything they said. Hopefully they go nuts on the amount of ways you can do things. I want to be finding new things in this game years later like I did with Deus Ex 1. Without looking at an online guide obviously.

Derrick01

Banned
It better not be like it was for Deus Ex HR with the forced boss battles then.

They got really close though minus those sections.

They made the mistake of outsourcing those boss battles to another studio, that's why it was so shitty. The boss fight in Missing Link was classic Deus Ex though, and it was so much better.

I don't think these guys will make the same mistake. The people behind this game are legends and they know what makes this type of game bad and good, sometimes through personal experience (harvey smith was one of the heads of Deus Ex Invisible War. He knows where he fucked up on that)

Top Bottom