• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored E3 Gameplay Walkthrough

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have much to add, other than I'm very excited to actually play this. I've seen enough. For now, anyway.

kadotsu

Banned
I still don't care for the setting but I'll definitely buy this. They have gone all out with the powers. Every FPS that deconstructs and short circuits the mechanics so much that the classic "run and gun" way of progression gets almost marginalized out of existence has to be lauded.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I feel like I should buy two copies of this and Watch Dogs when they come so as to reward the imaginative new IPs, considering the game that appealed to the the most after these two was ACIII.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll admit Watch Dogs had the "where the FUCK did that come from" aspect working for it
KuGsj.gif
I'd just never seen anything like it nor had I heard anything about it. Just started watching and my jaw dropped farther and farther to the floor.

This game I knew I'd love since I read the first press release.

first reaction to this and i was sold, it looks amazing. but after watching it again...is the world supposed to be so...dead? there's not much of an atmosphere in terms of creating the feel of a lively setting. i know its supposed to be bad times with a plague and stuff but you don't really catch that, something seems off.

DIS GAME!! I love that they are trying to bring back true stealth games. I also love what Deus Ex HR did from the fans of stealth. Keep em coming!!

Kajiba

Can i have some more please?

Its set in stone that i'm getting this game. Halo 4 and dishonered this year for me.

It's mentioned that it can be finished without killing anyone. Does that include talking your way out of situations? Even regular enemies?

Came out of the demo and hands on in the hour or so. Holy fuck, people. While the stealth is great, it's tactical options are incredible and satisfying. Best playable demo for me so far.

Sorry aboutthetypos. On an iPad...

I haven't heard anything that specific, just that you can complete the game sans kills and it is not an easy task. Which is good. I doubt you can talk your way past normal enemies since you are dressed as an assassin, but there seem to be special non-kill interactions with your bigger targets.

I see. I didn't really expect to be able to talk my way past normal enemies. Just something I keep hoping for in a game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Looks pretty good. This should have been shown in someone's press conference.

I guess no one has made a dlc deal with Bethesda for this game,anyway yeah Bethesda should/need to market this very well, since it's a new IP and will not just sell by itself like TES or Fallout, I don't want to see it bombs like Hunted.

I think making it possible to talk your way past normal enemies would move it away from immersive sim/stealth and more into RPG/graphic adventure. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a different aim from what Dishonored looks to achieve. Especially since in Dishonored you are a fugitive, wrongly accused of killing the empress, so talking your way in is out of the question.

Yeah, I'm just now really learning about the game and understanding it better. I had a different idea of what it is but it still looks very interesting the whole idea of not killing anyone is enough to make me check it out.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Incredible.

Yep, this is still my most most anticipated game for the remainder of 2012. Two more days of E3 left, but I doubt anything will top this game for me.

the same publisher can do it I guess if they show us that other game that wowed everyone last year.

Derrick01

Banned
I wanted to see if he could possess that target and walk him off a ledge. This game is very intriguing.

You can make them kill themselves though I don't know the extent. Like I don't know if you can jump while in your target to make him climb ledges and fall, though I don't see why you couldn't. It would be a kind of unnecessary oversight if you couldn't. I do know you can stop time and move people in front of their own bullets that they're firing at you so when it plays they'll shoot themselves. That's pretty awesome.

I hope the game is challenging too because it seems like you have so many ridiculous powers that you can use in so many different ways, which is cool, but I'd like it to be a little tough at least. Maybe it was just for demo purposes but his magic pool replenished on its own pretty fast.

Cerberus

He possessed a fish as one way to get into the target building and went in through a sewer pipe.

Game of the year.

So fucking cool. The creative director also said you could possess the target himself. :O

the same publisher can do it I guess if they show us that other game that wowed everyone last year.

Stop making posts about that game. I just want to forget about it. :mad:

RooMHM

Game looks interesting. Lots of gameplay possibilities, movement combos ... nice.
Now, the hud looks very bad to me (meters and crosshairs), I saw a lot too much handholding (Deus Ex type highlight and auto-aim) than is absolutely not needed. I was also shocked by a bioshock-bad low FOV. Wtf is this shit, 40 45?! Following closely.

when I first heard about this game... I became really interested and the game was on my top 10 most anticipated game of 2012

when I heard there's a dev who worked on half-life 2 designing the world of Dishonored.. hype rose...

then game rocketed to my top 5 most anticipated game of this year when the first gameplay trailer released.... holy fuck!

after watching this and hearing that,

you can go through the entire game without killing A SINGLE ENEMY!!!

That you can creatively come up with traveling routes.. such as possessing a fish in a pool of water.. using him to enter a building, then start slicin them throats!!

and there response to "doesn't that [possessing an animal/a rat] break the game"

and they both responded "that's the point! It's all about making the game fun"

that made me so fucking happy

now this game is EASILY my most anticipated game of the fucking year.. sorry borderlands 2, but you've been bumped to second!

my one question is.. does this game have any sort of multiplayer? that would be fucking awesome.. a stealth FPS... coming up behind someone as a rat and then slicing his throat

omg would be incredible

however.. this is the one game in a LONG time that I really do not give a fuck about any sort of multiplayer.. it will have so much fucking replayability... omg, first run, kill em all

second.. kill nobody! Use my wits to progress!

I CAN'T WAIT BABY

day 1 all the way on pc baby!!

^No multiplayer.

i'm okay with this :)

hoping for modding tools though... based off of what we've seen and how fucking awesome this game is and how awesome the devs are.. I'm sure we'll get mod tools :)

and if we get mod tools, we'll definitely see a multiplayer mode / tons of new content

eat that skyrim

seriously, I have officially become the number one dishonored fan boy

cannot fucking wait for this :)

Top Bottom