• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[S-Conf] Beyond: Two Souls E3 2012 trailer

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
LOOKS incredible.

But, where the gameplay at?

Will check out if I ever get a PS3

fucking awesome

LOL @ haters . Cage said it was the opening cutscene, not gameplay.

It looks more interesting than any corridor shooter

- J - D -

I will probably enjoy this game like I did Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain, but then turn against it a week later once I really think about it.

The M.O.B

fucking awesome

LOL @ haters . Cage said it was the opening cutscene, not gameplay.

It looks more interesting than any corridor shooter

People are judging it by what they showed, and all they showed us was a 5 minute movie with tiny clips of QTE gameplay.

Amazing graphics, but that doesn't make a "game".

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I like how he talked about finding the perfect actress . . . then the trailer pretty much shows a completely out of tune/indifferent/bored face for a few minutes. :p

People are judging it by what they showed, and all they showed us was a 5 minute movie with tiny clips of QTE gameplay.

Amazing graphics, but that doesn't make a "game".

He said it was the opening cutscene, he didn't say he was to demonstrate the gameplay

Anyone who has played HR should know what to expect.

Replicant

you might want to dial down on the fanboy and dial up on the dictionary. Pathetic? For disliking a trailer?

Who are you to tell me what to say or not to say? No one asked you to do backseat modding. Also, you are well-known Cage haters. So what are you doing here if you don't even like his work?

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Cage got mad when someone was laughing too loud as he was describing Ellen Page as a good actress.

She didn't even care enough to show up.

You're admitting to be one? No surprise there.

Given the intellectual capacity you just showcased I am no longer surprised you enjoy Cage's tripe.

I for one, judging by this trailer, am more than willing to give him one more chance with this game. Ellen Page is a really sweet girl and quite a good actress so if she's involved, maybe there's something more to this game than there is to Cage's previous efforts.

The 'demo' did a good job of leaving me wanting to know how it pans out, and I do love Ellen Page but... 60€ for a movie? Where is the gameplay? Even if it's a 8-hour 'movie'... 60€ is still too much.

This is going by everything he said and what I saw, even on the trailer after the cutscene. I'll happily be proven wrong. Edit: Which is to say, I'm not trying to be a hater.

Replicant

Given the intellectual capacity you just showcased I am no longer surprised you enjoy Cage's tripe.

I for one, judging by this trailer, am more than willing to give him one more chance with this game. Ellen Page is a really sweet girl and quite a good actress so if she's involved, maybe there's something more to this game than there is to Cage's previous efforts.

Said someone who's gullible enough to try another game from the same producer whose track record he didn't enjoy. I normally steer clear out of games I don't like and not even bother wasting my time visiting the thread.

Said someone who's gullible enough to try another game from the same producer whose track record he didn't enjoy. I normally steer clear out of games I don't like and not even bother wasting my time visiting the thread.

by that logic I shouldn't have listened to OK Computer after not really enjoying Pablo Honey and The Bends.

UrbanRats

This looked quite decent, but Cage being Cage, i won't be fooled again, will wait for more material to see if the writing is improved.

jett

D-Member
The facial animation was really impressive, but I'm not much interested in interactive movies sadly.

joe2187

Banned
Jay-sherman1.gif

Buy my game....Buy my game.....BUY MY GAME....BUY MY GAME

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
From all the showings in the past 2 E3s (2010, 2011, plus this), this is the first time I'm hyped up for this game.

gabbo

Two things sprang to mind during the presentation:
1. Saying Ellen Page gave a stellar performance to then reveal her making a face that looks like she trying to silently pass gas for two minutes was unintentionally humorous to me. She was the only reason I was interested though, and her uh 'performance' got better as things moved along.
2. There's a game in there, right?

CamHostage

I like how he talked about finding the perfect actress . . . then the trailer pretty much shows a completely out of tune/indifferent/bored face for a few minutes. :p

They wanted it to be that you could see everything the actor said read across her face, I think. Unfortunately, the cutting and dialog editing was not very well done, and combining that with the anxious crowd giggling and the expectation (with a very delayed payoff) that something spooky and cool was going to happen but didn't so many times it cut back, the demo didn't do itself justice. I think they can do something better with that performance in the final game and get the kind of emotion they were expecting.

...That all said, I wasn't blown away by the level of detail or performance accuracy myself (FX work and object texturing looked a little rough, and the lipsync still didn't work for me, I thought Kara synched better actually) but the game is very early and I'm more than willing to take this as an early cut with promise of more to come.

Top Bottom