• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[S-Conf] Beyond: Two Souls E3 2012 trailer

woops sorry, didn't realize we have a new thread.

In high resolution the faces are really amazing (especially for being realtime)

(the original resolution of this pic is very high, so that's just for showing off the models I guess, still neat)

bk5Zo.jpg

Also this guy, looked way too smooth in the small screens and video but in HD his face has all dat detailed pores and stuff

Boczd.jpg

Pandemic

The concept of this game sounds really interesting and fun, definitely going to keep my eye on it, and the graphics are a plus.

Arklight

Neo Member
This game is my most anticipated one from now on. I enjoyed Heavy Rain very much, same with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. David Cage's ideas of videogames really interest me and I am eager to see how he improved Heavy Rain's gameplay in this one.

Also, thanks Milhouse31 for the screenshots :)

masterkajo

I really like the kind of games David Cage is making. I kind of dig this sort of interactive movie. But why does he always resort to supernatural things? I mean there were there in Heavy Rain until cut out at the very last minute which left some plot holes.

Anyway, will watch it very closely and even though I might want to resist will buy day one, anyway.

Mognet

(the original resolution of this pic is very high, so that's just for showing off the models I guess, still neat)

http://i.imgur.com/bk5Zo.jpg[IMG]

Also this guy, looked way too smooth in the small screens and video but in HD his face has all dat detailed pores and stuff

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Boczd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Can you please link me to those high resolution screens? thanks. (:

Between this, Watch Dogs and The Last of Us, this current-gen has suddenly shifted into next-gen territory!

Hyperbole of course, but it's quite astonishing how graphically adept these games are.

This looks really interesting. Of course it helps that Ellen Page is in it lol.

But damn at the tech. Like seriously, damn.
Amazing to see what these guys are doing. I'll be getting it just to support them.

It's a shame to miss out on some great experiences like Heavy Rain, Journey etc. Even apart from those, Beyond + The Last of Us alone looks like they would be worth getting a ps3 for.

I mean, there's no way I'm not buying a Wii U after I see the amazing games for it later today.
Please deliver Nintendo

Dude I know.

I'm seriously contemplating PS3. If only to show my nonPS3 owning friends "This is called Ellen Page rendering."

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I thought this looked really great. The tech obviously is very good, but the quality of the direction and performances looked like a big step-up from Heavy Rain.

Trick_GSF

Banned
I was hyped for this. But I thought it was some sort of science-fiction thriller. Turns out to be supernatural dross with poltergeists or some such shit.

Scene itself was rather good, but interest in the game has dropped massively.

I can already tell that this game is going to have a great atmosphere, and there will be moments that I will remember for a long time. I love that Jodi has an invisible entity that hangs around her, and that we will find out what Cage thinks happens after we die. Gonna be quite interesting, plus the characters look darn impressive. <3 Quantic Dream.

To think I was wanting to sell my Move, but now I must keep it for this game. I loved playing Heavy Rain with the Move, so this should be another fun ride.

Teppic

Looks okay. Glad it doesn't require Move. I was hoping it wouldn't have any supernatural stuff in it though.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I have to say, this game and TLOU were literally the only one that seem to know how to show a dramatic events in a right way. Definitely the only ones that made me move closer to the edge of my seat as I was watching them. For all the errs of David Cage's work, there's certain brilliance that that cannot be denied, and I can't wait to see it displayed again.

Montage at the end of the video did show some scenes where you control the character btw. When she walks through the forest or the top down view of the top of the train, it looked like player controls her. If that's the case, the top down train scene was particularly impressive in its smoothness.

Zip file with all the screenshots from SCEE press site

http://filesave.me/file/18075/Beyond-E32012-Screenshots-zip.html
Do they have an HD version of the video shown as well? I'd like to have it if possible.

Looks okay. Glad it doesn't require Move. I was hoping it wouldn't have any supernatural stuff in it though.
I think this will be the kind of supernatural stuff that you'd see in Fringe or X-Files. Which is OK, and a far cry from cabal matrix AI psychopath clan wars.

Teppic

I think this will be the kind of supernatural stuff that you'd see in Fringe or X-Files. Which is OK, and a far cry from cabal matrix AI psychopath clan wars.
If they manage to set some clear rules at how this supernatural stuff works it could be okay. If it's just some ghost or something then it's going to be silly.

Dabanton

A largely wordless scene and what looks like the worst parts of Heavy Rain i.e Ethan Mars running from cops but this time with 'powers' is all they've shown so far.

Cage and his team can't write for shit and I'm not really expecting any improvements there.

Heavy Rain was a pompous joke of a game, enjoyable in parts, looked great but utterly laughable as a 'serious' game for most of it.

Emotion is an incredibly difficult thing to capture in a game and Cage keeps trying to chase it and ends up falling flat on his face each time.

Loudninja

Tech Analysis: Beyond: Two Souls
Quantic Dream's David Cage assures us that everything we - and you - have seen with Beyond thus far is all real-time, running on PlayStation 3 hardware. Taking him at his word, this represents a phenomenal technical achievement. What impresses the most isn't just that the rendering technology is so impressive, it's that there's a uniformly high level of consistency in almost all aspects of the presentation. Everything has a profoundly natural look, virtually nothing sticks out or jars as overly artificial.
Over and above that, perhaps the most outstanding achievement of the technology is the way that light reflects and glints in the eyes of the characters. Even on the games that have pushed back the barriers of character animation (for example, Uncharted and LA Noire), the eyes of the actors just haven't looked "right". Beyond addresses this adeptly, giving a new level of nuance to the performances we see.
Materials and other effects work are also generally superb: of special interest are the rain effects in the gameplay footage, and the impact on other elements in the scene. Rain hitting the glass of the train is impressively handled with a high-precision effect, wet shaders on the ground materials are natural and convincing, while the rendering of Ellen Page's (longer!) hair, skin and clothing after being drenched in the downpour is of an equally high standard. Camerawork, motion blur and overall direction also look second to none, while Sony's MLAA tech appears to be doing a sterling job at keeping the jaggies at bay.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-beyond-two-souls

Wow. Missed the trailer last night, just watched it today. I am on board. Very intrigued and the graphics are staggeringly good. I did not expect faces to be this good looking at the end of this gen's life cycle.

bk5Zo.jpg

what in the actual fuck, that's real time? as in, gameplay graphics!? jesus.

i-Lo

Between this, Watch Dogs and The Last of Us, this current-gen has suddenly shifted into next-gen territory!

Hyperbole of course, but it's quite astonishing how graphically adept these games are.

All this on hardware over se7en years old!

I am not counting Watch Dogs though since we saw that amazing demo being played on PC (and what a damn fine game to look at). Still, TLoU just floored me as well.

If there is one teeny tiny concern I have regarding the visuals of this very incomplete game is the shadow quality which needs improving (and I am sure it will before the game is out at retail stores).

Here's hoping that the story doesn't have one too many plot like HR is said to have.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The big zoom on her face with the wet hair and all is not real-time, the shaved-head part is real-time.

Not real-time:
bk5Zo.jpg

Real-time:
20426beyond_screen_10fo8c7.jpg

Event he DOF is diffrent. One is bokeh, the other is not.

I'm starting to think maybe this will have more traditional controls than what we saw with Heavy Rain
Especially considering the control input doesn't appear to be a focus at all, and that was something Cage emphasised heavily with HR right from the beginning

I'm starting to think maybe this will have more traditional controls than what we saw with Heavy Rain
Especially considering the control input doesn't appear to be a focus at all, and that was something Cage emphasised heavily with HR right from the beginning

nah it will prob be the same as previous Quantic Dreams games, which i have no problem with personally.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The big zoom on her face with the wet hair and all is not real-time, the shaved-head part is real-time.

Not real-time:
You can see that exact scene as a part of the gameplay video that Eurogamer just analyzed. Due to low quality of the video and quick nature of the scene I don't know if it looks pixel identical (it terms of shaders, textures and post proc, not IQ obviously) but it sure looked like it was.

Top Bottom