• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CEO 2012 | Fighting game tournament | June 15-17

USD

Pwgeb.png

CEO 2012 Fighting Game Championships Official Trailer

STREAM

There will be two streams for CEO 2012, provided by Team Sp00ky and IPW Deuce.

Main stream: http://www.twitch.tv/teamspooky
Secondary stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

INFO

From the CEO website:

Community Effort Orlando started out as a combined effort by the Fighting Game Community in Orlando and the rest of the state of Florida to salvage a canceled Event. With over 10+ years of tournament experience as both a competitor and tournament organizer, I(Alex Jebailey) used all of my personal resources to give back to something I love and put together a Major once a year Fighting Game tournament for the State of Florida open to all those willing to travel for competition and the love of the fighting game world.

CEO 2010 was put together from start to finish in only 3 weeks and ended with a turnout of over 350 gamers and spectators(125 entrants for Super Street Fighter 4 alone making it the biggest fighting game turnout in Florida's History) throughout the weekend.

CEO 2011 looks to build on that with over 6 months of preparation to become one of the largest gaming competitions in the Southeast USA. Since the first Tournament under the moniker of CEO, there have been over CEO 10 tournaments in the Orlando area with a consistent turnout of over 70-100 competitors at each one for such popular Games as Super Street Fighter IV and Blazblue.

The end result of CEO 2011 turned into one of the most hype EVO Season tournaments with over 650 competitors Entering Super Street Fighter 4: AE, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Blazblue Blue, Smash Bros, Tekken 6, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur 4 and Arcana Heart 3 bringing in people representing 22 US States and 9 International countries. Max Attendance was a little below 1,000 people tripling CEO 2010's Numbers.

CEO 2012 Has already been Signed for set at the Wyndham Orlando Resort June 15th-17th, 2012 and with over a year to prepare and the community becoming stronger than ever it will be amazing to see how it's 3rd year does and the amount of people it can bring together.

CEO has become the joint effort of one of the strongest gaming communities around and its sole purpose is to bring together friends and foes with a passion for fighting games.

SPONSORS
Mad Catz
NOS
Focus Attack
Autumn Games
NetherRealm Studios
BROKENTIER
AVerMedia

GAMES

BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS3)
The King of Fighters XIII (360)
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
Skullgirls (PS3)
SoulCalibur V (PS3)
Street Fighter X Tekken (360)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (ARC) - TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS qualifier
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012 (360)
Tekken 6 (PS3)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360)

DIVEKICK will also be at CEO, for location testing as well as an actual tournament.

PLAYERS

Full player list and pool information can be found here.

Air
ATL Hoa
ATL Redd
B.A.L.A.
CDjr
Chi-Rithy
Choco
ChrisG
Clint Da Beast
CJ Truth
Combofiend
Daigo Umehara
Dieminion
DJ Huoshen
Fanatiq
Filipino Champ
FlashMetroid
Flocker
fLoE
fubarduck
GamerBee
Green Ace
IFC Yipes
iPeru
Jago
James Chen
Justin Wong
Kayane
Keits
Kineda
L2P
LionHeart
Luis Cha
Mago
MastaCJ
MarlinPie
Mike Ross
Momochi
NerdJosh
Noel Brown
OmG iTz Andre
Online Tony
Pokchop
PR Balrog
Ranmasama
RayRay
REO
Ricky Ortiz
Rico Suave
Roach King
Romance
RTD
Ryan Hunter
Sabin
Sherryjenix
ShinkuuR
Skisonic
Smooth Viper
St1ckBuG
UltraDavid
Wolfkrone
Zerp

SCHEDULE

All times are EDT (UTC -4).

Check here for the full schedule, including stream schedule.

This is the same spreadsheet as the pool list, simply on a different tab.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thank you based USD.

ECvWC 5v5 let's fucking go. EAST COAST ALL DAY BRUH.
Unless they swap in Viscant on the WC team

Venfayth

Hyyyyyyyyyyype.

CEO weekend leads in to my 2.5 week vacation in Europa, when I get home it's time for EVO.

This is the beginning of the best month evar.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh boy, it's already starting today - time sure flew!

Looks like I won't be getting much sleep this weekend, especially glad to see Daigo and Mago again, plus the guaranteed hype with Marvel if the last couple weeks of tournaments were any indication.

Dear god at that player list. We're in for some amazing matches this weekend. Sunday is going to be killer.

Also, commentary looks like it will be top-tier. :D

Busaiku

Would much rather see another USA vs the World in AE over Daigo vs a bunch of people.
And it should be like 7 vs 7.

Wolfkrone, Ricky, Log, Dieminion, Mike, Tony, iPeru/CJ
Daigo, Mago, Momochi, Gamerbee, Air, Chi-Rithy, Kayane/Choco

Yeah, that sounds good.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I pretty much missed all of ECT and I will be on a beach in Mexico during 2 days of EVO. Does that make me a bad person?

I will be stream monstering this bad boy though. Should be pretty epic.

In general I have been MIA from the fighting game threads and haven't been keeping up. Fighting games and games and general have not been keeping my interest for some reason. I need to figure that out.

With the amount of wrestling references on commentary and in recent tourneys, the setup at the venue seems obvious in hindsight.
Which is fitting, since stream viewer logic dictates that everything is either staged or a blowout.

This should be fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I pretty much missed all of ECT and I will be on a beach in Mexico during 2 days of EVO. Does that make me a bad person?

I will be stream monstering this bad boy though. Should be pretty epic.

In general I have been MIA from the fighting game threads and haven't been keeping up. Fighting games and games and general have not been keeping my interest for some reason. I need to figure that out.
Well, you just missed the highest level of Marvel play pretty much we've ever seen aside from EVO last week. And I don't think the MM archives are up anymore either.

Watch Top 16 of Marvel and decide whether you still think it's worth it.

I've cut down on my stream monstering time a lot recently too to get productive, I only watch UMvC3 now, and stopped watching The Runback altogether.

Busaiku

Well, you just missed the highest level of Marvel play pretty much we've ever seen aside from EVO last week. And I don't think the MM archives are up anymore either.

Watch Top 16 of Marvel and decide whether you still think it's worth it.

I've cut down on my stream monstering time a lot recently too to get productive, I only watch UMvC3 now, and stopped watching The Runback altogether.

Well, Marvel only gets better this week.

Top Bottom