• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
halogaf_header

Reach OT1 | Reach OT2 | Reach OT3 | Reach OT4 | Reach OT5 | Reach OT6 | Reach OT7 | Halo OT | Halo OT2 | Halo OT3 | Halo OT4 | Halo OT5 | Duncan's HaloGAF Central

About the thread header: they are on rotation, every time you refresh, a new one is selected. If you want to contribute a banner, just make one (approximately 900x400) and post it. I'll add it to the rotation folder.

Opiate's Non-Warning Warning
Cliques. We keep track of those and attempt to prevent their solidification. GAF is not intended to be like reddit with a series of subforums that have nothing to do with one another and, perhaps, have passionate distaste for one another; we deliberately try to cultivate a single community where anyone can talk to anyone else in a reasonable, friendly manner. Some of these cliques have gotten out of hand -- exhibiting extreme hostility to the rest of GAF and seeing themselves as a separate forum inside the forum, often feeling the general NeoGAF rules should not apply to them -- and some of those cliques have been forcefully dispersed.
Keep it civil, HaloGAF. Above all, remember we're a part of NeoGAF. Be courteous to others in and outside the thread.

Going to PAX? Join the list.

It has arrived: Reach HaloGAF montage! Nice job, Duncan!

Upcoming Halo-related Events

07/12 - 07/15 | SDCC – You can find about the Halo 4 panels here.

07/07 - 07/08 | RTX

07/07 | Bungie Day

News & Updates

07/17 | HaloGAF vs 343 Part 2

07/16 | HaloGAF vs 343 Part 1. Part 2 will be up tomorrow.

07/14 | Some multiplayer information was released: quick and dirty summary. Hypertrooper gets his hoodie. Halo 4 walkthrough.

07/12 | Hello folks! More news and all. The LE Halo 4 console was announced. A new Sparkast was released. Also! Forward Unto Dawn full length trailer arrived.

07/11 | We started the morning with IGN's First Look for Forward Unto Dawn. Halo: Silentium was announced with a release date and a brief description of what the book will be about. Hell yeah.

07/09 | Back from RTX, here are Tuanvi's impressions and Squidhands' impressions.

07/08 | Three more gameplay videos, and current control schemes (subject to change).

07/07 | First things first: Squidhands, Tunavi, and Frankie. There's a Youtube video of the Forge reveal up. Here's a written summary of the Forge reveal to remind you of the important bits. Longbow gameplay: Community vs RT and Girls vs Boys.

07/06 | Watch Halo 4 at E3 2012.

07/04 | Halo OT6 is here. Here's hoping for a slow thread and lots of news to talk about! Oh. Those contradict each other.

06/07 | Plywood .gifs! Everybody loves Plywood .gifs.

06/06 | Waypoint's Halo 4 site is updated with an absolute crapton of new information. (Use the menus.) Go, navigate, learn.

06/04 | Hit up the Forward Unto Dawn E3 Halo 4 hub for a round up of the Halo 4 news from E3; Campaign, Spartan Ops, Multiplayer, oh my.

06/03 | Shadders put together a great recap of Halo's history at E3 shows. Hit the link and let the nostalgia flow - just one more sleep until 343 adds to this legacy!

Link to Dani's "Trip Down Memory Lane" post.

The HaloGAF Tournament

[REDACTED]

halo_community.png

Halo Community Sites | The Halo community is vast. Here are a few highlights.

HaloGAF! Yes, we're our own webzone now. Thread archives, .gifs, and more. Duncan goes above and beyond.

HBO
The oldest and biggest Halo fan site on the web, run by one of the nicest (and oldest) people on the internet. If there's news about Halo, HBO will cover it.

Bungie.net forums
A vast community of upstanding and thoughtful commentators.

Tied The Leader
A community, clan and site dedicated to fair play and thoughtful commentary on Halo.

rampancy.net
Another long time Halo fan site, dedicated to unusually in-depth commentary and analysis of the series, as well as news and community creations.

Forward Unto Dawn
In the spirit of Ascendant Justice, FUD is devoted to analysis and commentary on various aspects of the Halo games and universe.

Major League Gaming
An organized league of professional gamers, in which Halo plays a starring role. Forums, league schedules, rules and live streams are available from their site.

Forge Hub
A large community devoted to creating custom maps in Forge. Tutorials, guides and an active forum to provide feedback and testing, as well as an excellent resource for well crafted maps.​

Special Thanks to Louis Wu for web hosting.
rJaYo.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
new thread smell awesome, start the Halo talk guys

Give it ten or twenty pages... I can't remember a time when there was some real discussion going on before page... well, something.
Now that i think of this, HaloGAF is more like twitter in forum form, not discussion thread..

Ryaaan14

Banned
Whoever makes the 100th post, it better be good. I'll be seeing it too many times every day on the mobile site trying to click to the last page button at the bottom.

Retro

Considering how fast the last OT moved, I expect we'll be on OT 7 by... next week.

Seriously though, let's try and time it so OT7 hits just in time for H4. It seems appropriate.

So what's a game mode/gametype featured in other FPS' you'd like to see in Halo 4 (that isn't currently featured in any Halo game)?

Looks like a version of BF's conquest could be in. Never played BF though so I can't really comment on it.

Stuff from COD..oh wait! lolz

On the serious, something like Conquest from BF and a Gun Game gametype.

As per usual, because it's a new thread, a reminder, dating back to the 05/04/12.

Would dedis improve co-op performance?

Spartan Ops better not be lahhy as fuck, that's why I barely play Firefight :(

Forge better get a HUGE overhaul, if there's no terrain editing I'll stab my testicles.

Time's running out Gabo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom