• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Early Reviews

Pranay

600x-1

Some foreign paper magazines received in advance of review-The print version of Sleeping Dogs and already beset pronounce its verdict based on their numbers in August, only to have been overshadowed by the commotion around the GTA 5 and Gamescomu. At least if we believe a leaflet rozdistribuoval directly to the publisher of Square Enix use for promotional purposes.

According to the Italian edition of Official PlayStation Magazine (85%) is the best open world game in 2012, although this victory is a bit challenged by the fact that they do not enjoy this too. Their British counterparts (90%) again turned to comparisons to the black horse of the year to be "brilliantly brutal."
OXM UK advocate fun and every bit as well as U.S. mag EGM gave devítkovou mark. In addition, early reviews of Sleeping Dogs found in Game Informer and other journals.

http://www.eurogamer.cz/articles/2012-07-19-sleeping-dogs-slizavaji-vysoke-znamky

Riggs

Banned
Getting hyped man!!! Way to late on this but still hyped!!! Hope pc version is not shit , and has 360 pad support.

Kusagari

According to the Italian edition of Official PlayStation Magazine (85%) is the best open world game in 2012, although this victory is a bit challenged by the fact that they do not enjoy this too.

What does this mean? They don't like open world games, but called it the best open world game of 2012?

Nibel

Reviews :lol
But I have faith in this game. Need some beat'em'up x shooting action after seeing The Raid.

Read on the other thread that the design lead for the game is the same as Bully and the team is made up of ex R*, Volition and Black Box members.

Ridley327

"Best open-world game of 2012", what?

That's a mighty bold statement to make.

It's been a pretty light year for those up until now. The most high profile one before Sleeping Dogs was, what, Amazing Spider-Man? And Prototype 2 before then? Not exactly the tallest hurdles to clear.

Zimbardo

game looks good ...very cool looking fighting system, too.

will get pc version sometime down the road ...in the not too distant future.

Releases same day as Darksiders 2... :(

Couldn't get into the True Crime games though. The be a cop or be a criminal hook was too contradicting a mechanic for me and it felt like a poor mans GTA or Saints Row.

The trailers and all the publicity shown thus far do make it look cool and interesting though. Still not enough reviews to get a clearer consensus however.

Bog

Junior Ace
And to think I've enjoyed games that were fun in only a few different ways. This one's bound to blow my socks off!

Muffdraul

"Best open-world game of 2012", what?

Further confirmation of GTA V in 2013 (as if we needed further confirmation)

I pre-ordered Sleeping Dogs immediately after the first time I saw game play footage (posted on youtube as "omg leaked gtav footage!!" of course) but I don't expect it to be *that* good.

mjc

Couldn't get into the True Crime games though. The be a cop or be a criminal hook was too contradicting a mechanic for me and it felt like a poor mans GTA or Saints Row.

The trailers and all the publicity shown thus far do make it look cool and interesting though. Still not enough reviews to get a clearer consensus however.

Oh no...nonononononononono

Guess I'll be juggling two games then.

We need to get people to know that this was a new I.P that Activision forced the True Crime name onto, originally called Black Lotus. I think I'm gonna get Darksiders 2 on the Wii U. Save up by then =p

Soroc

This game is really intriguing. Looks we polished from the videos I've watched. Happy to see a PC version is being made.

Really looking forward to reading more impressions on this game.

We need to get people to know that this was a new I.P that Activision forced the True Crime name onto, originally called Black Lotus. I think I'm gonna get Darksiders 2 on the Wii U. Save up by then =p

To my understanding the only thing that changed when Activision dropped them and SquareEnix picked it up was the name of the game. The story and mechanics are still the same as the true crime games.

Welp with the GMG sale last month I'm set on this being my choice over Darksiders 2. Loved the true crime games and saints. Cant wait!

Soroc

Didn't someone mention pre-ordering this on GMG for like 36 bucks? I'm currently seeing it for 45 right now on there :(

Mr. Sam

That article is really weirdly written. "Black horse", "don't enjoy this too", huh?

Edit: Oh, I see! It's translated. Never mind.

Ridley327

Didn't someone mention pre-ordering this on GMG for like 36 bucks? I'm currently seeing it for 45 right now on there :(

They had a coupon a few weeks ago that dropped it that low. I don't think they have anything like that going right now.

Top Bottom