• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer (PS3, SCEJ) announced - Gamescom

Jb

No thread for this? Coolest looking new game of the conference imo.
ps3-game-6747-ss4.jpg
ps3-game-6747-ss3.jpg
ps3-game-6747-ss9.jpg
ps3-game-6747-ss6.jpg

I-Need-Scissors1.jpg

I-hate-u

Finally thanx for making a thread. Yeah this is the best new ip they showed alongside MM new game. Doe we know if its retail or not?

KAL2006

Banned
I think people would have made a bigger deal if both Puppeteer and Rain were Vita exclusive games. Though I am still looking forward to both games.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
When he finally got the scissors, it got good.
Felt a classic 2D platformer vibe to it. Almost like Genesis.

OatmealMu

I'm surprised at how good the engine looks. The fidelity looks quite nice. Honestly, of the games they've actually released, Japan Studio hasn't impressed me from a technical standpoint. SCEJ may have finally stuck their fingers into SCEA and SCEEs' cookie jars.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Was shocked. A game that actually looked good? How could this be!?

Best not to question it. I'm excited for this, even though the art style is pretty unappealing.

Etzer

Looks great. I think I'll get it, but I wonder why there isn't a Vita version.

I thought this was so cool. It has that creepy look to it like nightmare before christmas.
Yes! The whole time watching, I was thinking "there's something slightly familiar about this look". Awesome

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
- 2d platforming game set on elaborate theatre stages
- Hero appears to swap heads with different ones

This is as close as I will ever get to a Dynamite Headdy sequel!

I missed whatever you posted I'm afraid. So, retail?

I don't know. I was just saying that the game has been in development for years and I saw a trailer nearly two years ago for the game. The team since then put the game on hold and helped out with Last Guardian. It's great that they got to finish the game. It looked great two years ago and it still does now.

First Impressions: So this is what a game would look like if a developer actually used the LBP editor?

After the trailer ended: Damn, that looks pretty good.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy shit, this looks phenomenal. Almost impossibly good, with how perfectly it's all animated to look like a puppet theater. Character movement looked very tight too, what with scissor navigation and all. Who's developing this?

Top Bottom