• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer (PS3, SCEJ) announced - Gamescom

Majmun

Looks fantastic. The art is great.

And the platforming somehow reminded me of the 16bit era. And that's a good thing.

Loudninja

Even though its not the final boxart,I hope they keep it
81ujPJMSQKL_AA1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050SWNZW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Now that Ni no Kuni and MGR are out and about, this is the next game I'm curious about. Is there ANYTHING new on this, other than the Halloween trailer, and the comments from the director about recording voices for the game?

Any window of when this is coming out? It looks cool. Wish they would show more of it.

Scanna

Artistically and technically speaking it seems amazing, I still have doubts on the gameplay though.
and, yes, I am afraid it's going to bomb hard...

luffeN

The game is going to be called Der Puppenspieler in German and it seems that every "level" takes about 5 to 10 minutes. After said time, the stage changes to something new.

Edit: To clarify: There is no timer involved. The levels are going to last 5 to 10 minutes.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yeah it was odd to me,besides being a 2D platfomer I didn't see the LBP comparisons.

character size
character proportions
environment made of hand-crafted materials
whimsical vibe (although Puppeteer has a darker edge to it)

I'm not defending the people who are saying "ugh, it's too much like LBP, it's going to suck," but let's not deny some basic similarities.

That said, it looks like it plays and feels very different, which is the important thing.

Shin

Banned
Artistically and technically speaking it seems amazing, I still have doubts on the gameplay though.
and, yes, I am afraid it's going to bomb hard...

Is that wishful thinking?
Because even though the demo only consists of 1 stage the game played and felt really great to me.

Top Bottom