• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer (PS3, SCEJ) announced - Gamescom

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jaw-dropping stuff. Interesting that Sony is making this a full-fledged retail release, hope it pays off for them. This is the sort of risk-taking that deserves day one support, imo.

I agree completely. I wish we had more of these games this generation.

StuBurns

Banned
And it looks like it's going to be hell of a fun and blast to play.
It does yeah.

Obviously it's going to be compared to LBP, it's a 2D platformer, and the levels take place within dioramas, LBPs are like kids school ones, not theatrical ones, but there is a clear thematic connection.

Of course I have no idea if they took the idea from MM, or they both came to the same cool idea independently of one another, but ultimately SMB3, the genre's lord and master, also takes place within a theatrical production.

Bento

Hope SCEJ sticks to making smaller games for PSN and Vita from now on (with the exception of Gran Turismo ofc), seems to be a better fit for them. SCEE and SCEA can take care of their larger projects.

Shinta

Banned
This game looks drop dead gorgeous. I just hope they go the extra mile in selling the value of a full retail purchase here, since so many people seem to be opposed to paying full price for a 2D platformer. Can't wait to get this, personally.

.la1n

It may have been mentioned but it appears when your hit once you lose your head and have to reclaim it before you take more damage?

Bishop

Banned
Interesting to see the output from Japan Studio now. Seems like Sony is starting to get things together.

Game looks absolutely amazing... I can't wait to see more of this. There is something incredibly smooth about the footage and it looks beautiful.

2eqkxc.jpg

30gjqd.jpg

4c2jxs.jpg

5nqj8d.jpg

6kakr9.jpg

1z4j02.jpg

7n0j8x.jpg

8lqkys.jpg

http://andriasang.com/con28b/puppeteer_announced/

LuuKyK

Is it me or that witch (?) that talks to the main character is really similar to the one on Spirited Away? Kind of random but still...

Shinta

Banned
After watching this a few more times, I think this game stands a decent chance of being the best 2D platformer on current gen consoles. This looks extremely good.

Pistolero

Absolutely phenomenal...
Great reveal and an equally -surprisingly- interesting conference by Sony. Their first party studios are in a league of their own, imo.

The production value is just off the charts. I've never seen such good lighting and models in (what appears to be) a 2D platformer.

It's like LittleBigPlanet meets one of Tim Burton's dreams.

Dusky

SCEJ have been quite impressive lately, hopefully all these new IP's do well. Loving the looks of Puppeteer!

You know for some reason when I first watched this trailer yesterday I thought it required move and i'm not sure entirely sure why, now upon closer inspection I see that it doesn't so colour me hyped and intrigued.

It sounds and looks really nice, but I didn't see much of a game in that trailer. Saw like ten seconds of not fun looking platforming.

It sounds and looks really nice, but I didn't see much of a game in that trailer. Saw like ten seconds of not fun looking platforming.

what? this game shows the most promising gameplay compared to the other new ip, tearaway, until dawn and rain.

you got shown classic platforming, boss battles, use your cutting abilities to fly among flying bats, swinging from jumping then cutting to jump again. just from the trailer it already looks fun and challenging. then there's various head that may have some special abilities or not.

tearaway is not a platformer games, looks like adventure comprised mainly of puzzle solving and various other mini game mechanic utilizing various vita function, but we don't know if the puzzles will get more challenging or not since right now it seems pretty simple, rain we haven't much gameplay other than the boy running and climbing.

puppeteer is the one that look the most complete and fun.

what? this game shows the most promising gameplay compared to the other new ip, tearaway, until dawn and rain.

you got shown classic platforming, boss battles, use your cutting abilities to fly among flying bats, swinging from jumping then cutting to jump again. just from the trailer it already looks fun and challenging. then there's various head that may have some special abilities or not.

tearaway is not a platformer games, looks like adventure comprised mainly of puzzle solving and various other mini game mechanic utilizing various vita function, but we don't know if the puzzles will get more challenging or not since right now it seems pretty simple, rain we haven't much gameplay other than the boy running and climbing.

puppeteer is the one that look the most complete and fun.

Why bring up those other two games when I didn't even compare? They could be complete shit for all I know. I'm just talking about this game and what I saw in the trailer. I didn't see anything fun about it as a platformer.

Top Bottom