• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer (PS3, SCEJ) announced - Gamescom

Tuck

Looks astounding. Extremely creative. I think I'd prefer a game like this on a portable, but thats alright.

They're getting close, but I wouldn't say they're at that point yet.

Not even close, IMO. But, this and Soul Sacrifice do look pretty interesting.

Other than that, I don't think I can think of any 1st/2nd party PS3 games that were that fun, and I say this as someone who currently only owns Sony systems.

Fake Edit: Oh, Folklore was pretty good too.

More old-school 2D platforming action on the way, with the added benefit of having some terrifically inventive art direction. Reminds me of Dynamite Headdy, and that was one of my favourite platformers as a kid, so this I can't wait to play.

Sony really hit it out of the park with that conference. So many more new games to look forward to now.

Drek

Wow, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, and now this. SCEJ seems to be getting their feel back late in this generation.

I'm really starting to look forward to what they transition the large quantity of PSP devs to. I'd assume Vita games. We might see something of a Vita windfall at TGS.

Hopefully they can keep this up. If they somehow get Team Ico to limp out a good game after all this time with The Last Guardian it could be a very strong close to the generation and have them poised for a big PS4 push.

GhaleonQ

As a known animation superfan and Sony Japan and platformer fan, I should be thrilled.

It looks fine. I'll be watching

Globox_82

Banned
Not even close, IMO. But, this and Soul Sacrifice do look pretty interesting.

Other than that, I don't think I can think of any 1st/2nd party PS3 games that were that fun, and I say this as someone who currently only owns Sony systems.

Fake Edit: Oh, Folklore was pretty good too.

next time add imo. Your comment is full of ignorance.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Jaw-dropping stuff. Interesting that Sony is making this a full-fledged retail release, hope it pays off for them. This is the sort of risk-taking that deserves day one support, imo.

Jaw-dropping stuff. Interesting that Sony is making this a full-fledged retail release, hope it pays off for them. This is the sort of risk-taking that deserves day one support, imo.
honestly if the content warrants a full retail release, how can anyone complain. So far what we've seen it looks amazing. I'd definitely day one it.

ToD_

Looks good. Original. The sort of stuff I apparently have been wanting to see, as I was sitting here with a smile on my face.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, looks fantastic. I adore the visual style. I can't believe Sony is releasing so many new, creative IP's this late in the gen. Hopefully they do well and that kind of creativity carries over into next-gen.

If you'd told me this was Media Molecule's new game I wouldn't have doubted it. Looks like a LBP ripoff to me and not sure why people are getting excited. Expected something more and a lot different from SCEJ.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Damn, I wasn't here but SOny killed it with some new IP's this go around. This is an absolute day 1. Look at that art. Damn!

Raonak

Banned
scej always excelled when they went for smaller, more unique experiences. like patapon or loco roco. good to see them following that trend again.

jaypah

Finally got around to watching the trailer and all I can say is "WOW!" Watching the trailer it just kept getting more and more awesome. Sony is really trying and I can respect that. Unless I hear some crazy negative shit about this game I'm probably going to day-one it.

next time add imo. Your comment is full of ignorance.

Look above that statement that you bolded. Or am I supposed to line every single line with the word "IMO"?

Also what's ignorant about my comment? The fact that I didn't enjoy the games that you did?

Between this, Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice Japan Studios seem to be killing it on new IPs.

Yeah, if they continue to make games like Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice on the Vita, I'm definitely gonna have to get one, one of these days.

Top Bottom