• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer (PS3, SCEJ) announced - Gamescom

Type2

This game looks great Im really digging the art direction. It looks like the main character may have some kind of mask wearing system for abilities.
Im working on a 2d platformer myself so its reassuring to see people getting hyped over puppeteer.

The witch reminds me of spirited away =]

.la1n

I should have waited for the trailer during the conference instead of skipping out but this actually looks like an impressive platformer, color me intrigued. It's been a (surprisingly) good gen for those.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, this looks like LBP with custom gameplay engine if that makes any sense. No restrictions imposed by everything being built using game's own editor.

Yuterald

This looks fucking amazing. I get the LBP similarities, but this game looks 100x more interesting than those boring games. Anyway, I'm SUPER excited for this! I love Japan Studio games. This and Rain are the exact kind of games that I'm always hoping to see. What a pleasant surprise both these titles have been today. I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else get a small Folklore vibe from this game? It could just be because I finished the game recently for my first time and Japan Studio had a hand in that game too, I don't know. It's just something that danced around in my head after watching the trailer. Regardless, I'm very excited for this!

Ploid 3.0

This game looks great Im really digging the art direction. It looks like the main character may have some kind of mask wearing system for abilities.
Im working on a 2d platformer myself so its reassuring to see people getting hyped over puppeteer.

The witch reminds me of spirited away =]

Yeah me too. Good looking game.

KKRT00

Was shocked. A game that actually looked good? How could this be!?

Best not to question it. I'm excited for this, even though the art style is pretty unappealing.

What? Art style is the best thing in thing about this game yet. Its just goddamn amazing.

I'm really curious what people who like Mario or Zelda art style think about it, because for me its leagues ahead.

patsu

Yeah, Puppeteer is the biggest surprise for me. Looking at the trailer, I think it rivals LBP in terms of game concept, art direction and depth too. Very impressive so far.

eXistor

Very cool, looks more "hand-made" than LBP, now have good level-design and tight controls and you might be onto something. For some reason I was expecting this to be a Move game, but I'm very glad to see it's not.

yurinka

Looks great to fill library. The kids will love it, and looks really promising. Love the art style. I'd say it's from the LocoRoco team.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Holy crap, and I thought Rain was breathtaking. :0

Any idea on release date? I need this NOW!

I thought this was so cool. It has that creepy look to it like nightmare before christmas.

Yeah it definitely has that Tim Burtonesque Coraline/Nightmare Before Christmas/Corpse Bride animation feel to it. Seems pretty neat. Also said I'd totally play a platformer with Scissordude as the main character in the "what characters are these?" thread so count me in for whenever this releases!

darkwing

hyped!

Puppet Action The unique ability to change your head anytime you choose. Lose your head and you lose a life. Use your head and discover that you have the ability to change the world
Scissor Action Wielding a pair of magical scissors, Kutaro cuts and cropshis way through the adventure
Dynamic Changing Interactive Backgrounds A huge variety of backgrounds that are continually changing, taking you on a journey of discovery that will surprise and thrill
Seamless Storytelling Using Theatrical Techniques Audience, lights, sets, music and narration all combine to create a mesmerizing, unique storytelling experience

1gkk5o.jpg

2fzjfx.jpg

3t5j5r.jpg

4hxkfj.jpg

Top Bottom