• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty:Black Ops Declassified (Gamescom 2012)

cyborg009

Banned
oops thread already made

Developed by the team at Nihilistic Software, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is what Call of Duty fans have been waiting for: the game they know and love, authentically translated to handheld. “One of Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified’s compelling features is the fact that you can take the established gameplay everyone knows and loves and bring it to the PS Vita,” says the game’s producer at Activision, Neven Dravinski. That means you can look forward to familiar elements like Create-a-Class, Perks, Prestige Levels, and of course, dual analog stick controls.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is due out this November, so you don’t have too long to wait to try it yourself. We’re working on a limited-edition PS Vita hardware bundle that comes with the game as well — keep an eye out for details on that! In the meantime, watch the PlayStation.Blog for more info – a deeper look at the game is coming soon.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ll-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-on-ps-vita/

Thanks whitehawk for the gifs

iTiRWWJ0pCroW.gif

i6l8PzEhrV58t.gif

Sophia

As I said in the other thread, looks awkward and unpolished. It reminds me of Modern Warfare for the Wii...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
No way, Nihilistic Software again? Seriously?

The trailer certainly LOOKED very Nihilistic. Disappointing to see that it actually IS them. :\

Kazerei

Banned
Nihilistic ... hmmm ... I didn't like Resistance, but if they use the same engine and work on the gunplay and level design, COD Declassified could be good.

So will this put an end to the talk that's been going on for over a year and a half about CoD Vita/NGP as a massive system-seller, or will we have to wait for the November NPD leaks for that?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Will pick up for Zombies if it has it, if Activision can get a standalone Zombies mode out iOS there should be no problem for Vita.

As I noted in another thread, this looks rough to be very kind. The textures are wow. Side note: Nihilistic still lists Starcraft Ghost under projects on its website.

Completely uninterested if it doesnt have 3G multiplayer, yeah I know the technology is not there yet, but I can't see the appeal of this game if you need to be within range of Wi-Fi, why not just play a console game then?

rozay

Banned
it's going to be a cold winter for the vita :( guess it was too much to expect activision to release a console quality game

Well, the writing was on the wall. Looks pretty awful; and I'm almost happy this will be a turd, because I would rather have a different type of game to be the Vita's flagship title.

Cipherr

25z1ab5.png

Not that it matters though, it wasnt ever going to be this extreme system seller some folks convinced themselves it would be anyway. So, mediocre will suffice. Them oatmeal textures ugh.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't get why everyone automatically presumes this will be gash. The developer is only capable of making a great game within the context of resources and budget, the same as anyone else. Maybe it'll be shit, but it could be fantastic.

Wow, they totally dropped the ball on this opportunity. This game really could have made a difference and they put freaking Nihilistic on it. Ugh, this sucks.

I don't get why everyone automatically presumes this will be gash. The developer is only capable of making a great game within the context of resources and budget, the same anyone else. Maybe it'll be shit, but it could be fantastic.

Nihlistic has said they only make 1 game at a time.....meaning this was made in a couple of months. They didn't have a budget it seems.

I don't get why everyone automatically presumes this will be gash. The developer is only capable of making a great game within the context of resources and budget, the same as anyone else. Maybe it'll be shit, but it could be fantastic.

It's from a mediocre developer made in a rushed timeframe and the video looks bad and the features sound bad.

Human beings use available information to draw conclusions as to the likeliest outcome.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Shitcan this developer.

Manage to make Vita games so asstacular looking requires effort put into making them look terrible. Killzone in the same conference made the whole thing even more hilarious.

Better yet is the scam Activision have pulled here by saying "Want a COD for Vita? Make it yourself".

SkylineRKR

The trailer points to shit, so far.

I did expect 8 players max. though. I wouldn't be surprised if its just 30fps too. The Vita is not a Ps3, not even close.

If its Nihilistic would that mean Sony is funding development?

I would have loved to be in the meeting where this was settled. I wonder how much Activision is being paid to sit around and let Sony make a COD game

Top Bottom