• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Issue 234 |October 2012| - Reviews, Previews and More

cov_234_l.jpg

Cover Story:

New Super Mario Bros. U

Features:

Preparing You for the Wii U
Halo 4
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Previews:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Remember Me
Dance Central 3
Smite
Dead Island: Riptide
Warface
NBA 2K13
Epick Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Angry Birds Trilogy
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line
Resident Evil 6

Reviews:

Darksiders II - 9/10
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - 9/10
Madden NFL 13 - 8.25/10
Sound Shapes - 9/10
Persona 4: Arena - 8.5/10
Borderlands 2 - 9.75/10 (Game of the Month)
Deadlight - 8/10
Papa & Yo - 8/10
Hybrid - 6/10
Dust: An Elysian Tail - 8.75/10
Rock Band Blitz - 8/10
Orcs Must Die 2 - 9.25/10
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 8.25/10
Risen 2: Dark Waters - 5.5/10
Rainbow Moon - 7.5/10
The Wreckateer - 7.5/10
Way of the Samurai 4 - 6/10
Ratchet & Clank Collection - 9.25/10

Let me know if you'd like a snippet from a preview or review.

Ridley327

Let me know if you'd like a snippet from a preview or review.

My mind has been made up already on Papo & Yo, but I'm curious to see why it received such a high mark from them.

Borderlands 2 would be nice, but I suspect with that kind of score, it's a whole lot of fluff.

Choc

Banned
Is there anything earth shattering about super mario, or is it same old like the latest 3ds game and therefore repetitive boringness

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is there anything earth shattering about super mario, or is it same old like the latest 3ds game and therefore repetitive boringness

There is a thread on this if you are seriously interested.

Papa & Yo:

Those interested in games that stretch the boundaries of interactive narrative will appreciate the startling and emotionally nuance examination of a complex topic.

Borderlands 2:

While the new classes and focused narrative are the marquee bullet points when it comes to this sequel's improvements, that's barely scratching the surface of the multitude of smaller upgrades. Inventory management and the user interface are much better, allow for simple buying, selling, and comparing of items.

All of the improvements would make for a standout title even if it were constricted to single-player. Considering Gearbox has continued to put this franchise in a league of its own when it comes to co-op, it elevates the game to something more. With its unmatched co-op gameplay, intense shootouts, addictive loot-collecting, expansive skill customization, hilarious dialogue, and insane level of replayability, Borderlands 2 is one of the most rewarding experiences of this console generation.

Kouichi

Way of the Samurai 4 - 6/10

Hmm, does anybody recommend playing Way of the Samurai 3 or 4? I've been in the mood for a good Samurai game and, from what I've heard, they sound interesting. The PS2 quality graphics is a slight turn-off though.

all games are worth buying this month than lol+ my Amazon wishlist backlog, this black friaday will obliterate my wallet for sure :(

Hmm, does anybody recommend playing Way of the Samurai 3 or 4? I've been in the mood for a good Samurai game and, from what I've heard, they sound interesting. The PS2 quality graphics is a slight turn-off though.

They're a strange series of games.. some people love 'em but they're an acquired taste. I'm not sure about the next gen ones, the PS2 ones were pretty cool.

PS If you think these ones look like PS2 games, you should have seen the kind of garbage sauce the PS2 ones looked like.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Compared to other reviews, it seems like they were soft on NSMB2, but the score almost matches what I'd give it (I'd go for a solid 8, personally.)

SykoTech

Ratchet HD collection 9.25 and not a 10
no justice/

Heh, indeed. 3 classics, remastered and whatnot, on one disc for only $30? Should have been an insta-10.

I'll assume that they just didn't want Boarderlands 2 and the other stuff to get upstaged by old games. :)

Hindle

Banned
Gameinformer never give a hyped game less then a 9, heh games journalism. Could I have a snippet from the Xcom preview, it's the first 3 hours apparently.

besiktas1

A year subscription for the iPad is £13. Is it worth it. How is the magazine generally. One issue of edge is £4 so I'm tempted to go for the more economical option.

Top Bottom