• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition (Xbox 360 or PS3) $20

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
cAQwq.jpg

360 Version

PS3 Version (Click in more buying choices to get the amazon price. Defaulting to third party currently. )
0bVRi.png

Great deal for those that don't own it. Includes a digital download of the soundtrack (on the PC, I believe), and a redeemable code for the digital HD version of the first Mortal Kombat movie (the relatively good one) for the respective console.

Of course, this also contains all of the DLC characters and skins.

MThanded

Great deal for those that don't own it. Includes a digital download of the soundtrack (on the PC, I believe), and a redeemable code for the digital HD version of the first Mortal Kombat movie (the relatively good one) for the respective console.

Of course, this also contains all of the DLC characters and skins.
I am thinking about rebuying. The price is damn good. I bought a day 1 copy a long time ago but never picked up the DLC. It's long gone now.
So tempted on this one...

I just might bite. Let me ask the wife.

Ask for forgiveness not permission.

I was hoping this would come out digitally for both platforms as digital is the best way to own fighting games IMO (easy to hop in for a quick game once in a while). I already own vanilla MK on GoD on Xbox with all the DLC, but I do know that this version has some small visual fixes to the game. Sold my vanilla PS3 copy in anticipation of this also coming out on PSN.

Also still super sad that they never ended up doing the second costume pack.

MThanded

I was hoping this would come out digitally for both platforms as digital is the best way to own fighting games IMO (easy to hop in for a quick game once in a while). I already own vanilla MK on GoD on Xbox with all the DLC, but I do know that this version has some small visual fixes to the game. Sold my vanilla PS3 copy in anticipation of this also coming out on PSN.
Was there news of a digital release?

Sissel

Did they ever fix this game's net code? I remember it being horrendous at launch and still shitty 2-3 months later.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
My friend is going to be burnt over this.

He paid for the DLC season pass... which costed him more than buying the full game with all DLC now... lol!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
No. I was hoping it would happen. Worst case I'd just buy the retail disc of the komplete edition though which I might do now for PS3.
They did back in May with a bunch of other games actually, but it was named Ultimate Deal or something. Not sure if it's still available though, as some of those were up for a while only.

MThanded

Did they ever fix this game's net code? I remember it being horrendous at launch and still shitty 2-3 months later.
It got fixed a long time ago, I believe. Before I got rid of my original version the online seemed fixed.

I remember someone from the MK community mentioning that this version sucks because of stupid glitches, like not being able to block sometimes or something equally retarded.

Were those ever fixed?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I remember someone from the MK community mentioning that this version sucks because of stupid glitches, like not being able to block sometimes or something equally retarded.

Were those ever fixed?

Unless you are playing super hyper competitively, I doubt you'll ever see those things.

MThanded

MThanded

Thanks for the link, MT.

Yea, those don't seem like huge things for me, but at the same time, they don't make me want to go out and get the game either.
For this price it's definitely worth it even with the small flaws. The game is feature packed.

Were those ever fixed?

The talk of KE being buggy is a myth. There's never been any proven issues. I am a top level competitive player and KE is what I play at home and at my local scene. It's what is used at the MLG tournaments. Played it countless hours. Do not be afraid to buy it.

MThanded

The talk of KE being buggy is a myth. There's never been any proven issues. I am a top level competitive player and KE is what I play at home and at my local scene. It's what is used at the MLG tournaments. Played it countless hours. Do not be afraid to buy it.
Good to hear.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Anyone still play online?

Last time I played the game on 360, the amateur room was always full. The rest of rooms were empty. And as for ranked matched, 90% of the time you'll get Scorpions that don't know jack shit, and the rest are the dudes with thousands of wins that have been playing non stop since the game came out.

Top Bottom