• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget the gameplay, have you guys heard some of the amazing music in Nintendo Land?

jarosh

EDIT (04/27/2013):

I decided to revisit this and put together a playlist of EVERYTHING that's on Youtube right now, since there's no rip of the soundtrack yet and no official release either.

I tried to take the best versions where there were multiple ones, grouped the songs by game and sorted everything in a mostly logical order. It's FAR from a complete soundtrack, there's lots of stuff missing (entire games in fact). But it's all we have at this point.

There's a total of 65 tracks in this playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz2DbgTrNuWgqt75nVPifCHeem0enb7ZL

old OP:

-------------------------

Metroid Blast

Metroid Blast - Infestation

Metroid Blast - Invasion

Metroid Blast - Subzero Combat

Metroid Blast - Ridley Battle

Metroid Blast - Zebesians Incoming

Metroid Blast - Kraid Battle

---------------------

Battle Quest (Zelda)

Battle Quest - Time Attack

Battle Quest - Quest

Battle Quest actually has a LOT more music, some of the best tunes in the collection. A lot of really fantastic and unique takes on familiar Zelda themes. Unfortunately these two are the only ones on YouTube.

EDIT:

Three more tracks ripped by Jackano:

Battle Quest - Dark world

Battle Quest - Gerudo

Battle Quest - Dungeon

---------------------

Pikmin Adventures

Pikmin Adventure - Challenge

Pikmin Adventure - Day's End

---------------------

Balloon Trip

Balloon Trip Breeze - Afternoon

Balloon Trip Breeze - Evening

---------------------

Hub world

Main Plaza

Main Plaza (Retro 8-bit Card Menu Version)

Main Plaza (Evening)

---------------------

This is really just a quick sampling. There's not a lot on YouTube yet. But almost all the attractions have music with shockingly high production values and great attention to detail. And this is a goddamn mini-game collection. A lot of this stuff is better than anything these franchises have gotten in their main entries. Again, I really wish there was more music from Battle Quest on YouTube. You gotta hear some of it to believe it.

And for comparison, this is what we're still putting up with in the newest mainline Mario game:

Underground - same for the 4th time since the first DS entry

Castle - same for the 4th time since the first DS entry

Water level - same for the 4th time since the first DS entry

This AMAZING new theme

The rest? Just look up "New Super Mario Bros. Wii Music" on YouTube. It's virtually all the same, except for the one new theme, a few variations on it and some totally forgettable new map music. Ugh.

i-Lo

Never played a single game on that list but I am definitely enjoying the soundtracks. Thanks for posting them.

I got that music player-building in the Plaza... so I can listen to my favorite songs, like the Mario World-song from Mario Chase.

So good.

braves01

Banned
I got the basic bundle because I wasn't really interested in Nintendo Land, but the music is so compelling I might have to just buy it.

JoeInky

I dunno, whilst I do love the norfair remix from metroid and the forest navel remix from pikmin, the menu music kinda steals the show for me.

Just noticed it's in the OP but still, it needs to be posted more because it's just so damn catchy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I like Ridley Battle! I haven't tried this collection yet, so I haven't heard any of the music. Really cool, thanks for posting.

Gartooth

Agreed, when I first played it the soundtrack really caught my ear in particular. Overall, I feel like Nintendoland is a very underrated game, been having a blast with it.

Man when the Norfair theme and Zelda Adventure theme kick in on ther respective mini-games, it really gave me a nostalgia hard-on. Really really adds to the ambiance in those games and feels fucking awesome.

rekameohs

Banned
Ah, yes. They remixed the Prime Ridley theme. Screw Sakamoto and his attempts to wipe them from existence.

8 bit title screen music is OH SO GOOD.

Famassu

Once again I'm so glad that Nintendo releases so many of their VGOSTs on CDs for the public to buy. My CD library of Nintendo VGOSTs is so massive.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 & The Orchestral Zelda Soundtrack that came with Skyward Sword's LE is all I have ;___;

I was playing some NSMBU today honestly the music is fuckin painful. Just awful. At least they put some effort into Nintendoland.

Woah, so it's like a combination of remixes and new themes then? some of them remind me very much of what you'd hear in Kirby's Epic Yarn which is absolutely a good thing.
Someone tell me if the main DK theme gets remixed for crash course.

I'm also going to be nit picky and point out those castle and underwater themes are on their third use, though they shouldn't have even made it that far.
And the underground theme might as well be on its millionth use, I can't take that theme any more!

Sianos

Why couldn't they make the NSMBU music this emotional? Truly fantastic, I'm loving what I'm hearing. Often time the music of games is so underrated, one of the biggest parts of presentation for me.

Nintendo Land looks more fun and polished than what I was expecting, overall the Wii U seems to be exceeding my (rather low) expectations.

JoeInky

Someone tell me if the main DK theme gets remixed for crash course.

The music for the first level in crash course is a mixture of the music in the first level of the original arcade game and the title screen music from DKC1.

The music that plays when you're going to the door for the next level is funky as fuck as well.

Shame there sin't more of this on youtube.

I think what I like most is that they made the music sound like something you'd hear at a theme park. It's very charming.

It makes sense I guess, considering it's called "Nintendoland."

jarosh

NintendoLand isn't a minigame collection, its an arcade collection. And its pretty awesome.
Yeah, I'm actually having a ton of fun with it (just wanted to focus on the music with this thread). I'm shocked at how polished some of the games are and how pretty it is. Such a diverse range of unique visual styles and themes.

I'm loving Battle Quest. It's a blast in co-op especially. There's a lot of different stages. Feels like a story mode progressing through this, unlocking levels.

Isn't Hajime Wakai behind the music of Nintendo Land?

If so, this makes sense, as he's made some fantastic stuff recently.

Thanks for making this thread! The difference in musical originality between the two current flagship Wii U titles is striking to say the least.

The music for the first level in crash course is a mixture of the music in the first level of the original arcade game and the title screen music from DKC1.

The music that plays when you're going to the door for the next level is funky as fuck as well.

Shame there sin't more of this on youtube.

DK title theme? just what I needed to hear, hurry up youtube uploaders!

Sciz

Isn't Hajime Wakai behind the music of Nintendo Land?

If so, this makes sense, as he's made some fantastic stuff recently.

Hajime Wakai's listed as Sound Director, while Ryo Nagamatsu is the only credited composer. Nagamatsu's also amazing, so between the two it's no wonder that this turned out so well.

Cade

The Lost Woods part of Battle Quest on a video I saw was absolutely mindblowing. Someone PM me when that recording is up on youtube because holy shit.

zroid

Banned
The Donkey Kong's Crash Course music is utterly amazing. It remixes the classic DK arcade music with the Donkey Kong Country main theme. The result is astoundingly good.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, they did an exceptional job with the music. Gives me some faith that someone at Nintendo still knows a thing or two about producing good game soundtracks.

It's a shame this love wasn't shared with Mario U. :\ Imagine how much more compelling the game would have been with a soundtrack of this quality.

Turok_TTZ

What really bothers me is lack of fzero music not uploaded. Firefield, mute city, and bigblue muaic themes are very well done and imo the real highlight of nintendoland.

Galang

Banned
Only listened to Ridley Battle so far out of curiousity, very nice. Surprised. Will wait until I get a Wii U to hear the rest myself.

Top Bottom