• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu News and Reviews (12/11/12) - Super Robot Wars UX (3DS), new MH4 info

Hobby

Will update. If there are any mistakes please let me know.

New titles:

Super Robot Wars UX
- 3DS
- 3/14/13 release
- 7140 yen

- First titles (possibly mecha) to appear in a Super Robot Wars game include: Demonbane, Soukyuu no Fafnir Heaven and Earth, Rinne no Tsubasa, Virtua-On series Fei Yen HD, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer, SD Gundam Sangokushi BraveBattleWarriors, Mazinkaiser SKL, and Heroman.
- Special 3DS bundle also planned for Super Robot Wars UX
- Campaign maps not featured in this title, and Tsumesupa with chess-like, specific rules will be available to download. These will be available as pre-order bonuses.

Tiger & Bunny: Heroes Day
- PSP
- D3 publisher

- Chouzoku Henkei Gyrozetter: Wings of Albatre? (アルバトル)
- 3DS
- Square Enix
- Spring 2013 release

Ciel no Surge RE:Incarnation
- 2/21/13 release.
- Vita presumably
- Package: 7140 yen, DL version 6300 yen, ambassador DLC 1100 yen.

- Package and DL version are for new users. Will come included with the latest patch and all DLC + new stuff.
- Reincarnation ambassador DLC intended for current users.

Continued info:

Monster Hunter 4
- New area is an ancient forest.

New weapon is called a charge axe
- Can be separated into a sword and shield that allows for quick, consecutive attacks.
- Charge energy that's stored up via attacks. Combine the sword and shield to charge.
- Energy is stored in a bottle on the sword's hilt. Once it begins to glow yellow it can be charged. Continue to attack after the bottle starts to glow yellow and eventually it'll begin to glow red, which charges even more energy.
- Also has an axe mode that has a long reach and great power. Can unleash attributive attacks with charged energy, as well (meaning, like, lightning, water, etc.).
- Axe mode has a finishing technique that requires additional button input? (QTE?), which can stun enemies.
- Can also attack while transforming the charge axe into its axe mode, or vice-versa (transforming from axe mode to sword/shield mode).

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
- Homura guren? unit introduced.
- When a costume is totally destroyed the character's face or "mysterious light" will cover the naughty bits.
- Can destroy costumes in the changing room.

Sei Madou Monogatari
- Eternia (VA: 松永真穂)
- Nicoli (VA: 古河徹人)
- Lyrica (VA: 早乃香織)

Disgaea D2
- Cecily? (VA: 石原夏織)

Reviews:

Oshare de Kawaii Koinu de Asobo!-Umihen-:7777
Acryllic Palette:6666
Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Machi:8888
COD Black Ops Declassified (Vita):7777
One Piece ROMANCE DAWN:8888
COD Black Ops II (WiiU):99109
SIMPLE Series for WiiU THE Family Party:6654
Sports Connection:7765
Inazuma Eleven GO Strikers 2013:8898
Sengokuhime 3:7767
Shin Hokuto Musou (PS3):99910
Shin Hokuto Musou (XB360):99910

http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-3027.html

Takao

Banned
COD Black Ops Declassified (Vita):7777

Too bad Famitsu doesn't count for Metacritic, because I'm fairly certain that's the highest score it's gotten, lol.

Is this a sequel to the DS Super Robot Wars? I only got a few hours into that game but its great. Would love to get this in North America, also we need Project X Zone!

Sophia

Ugh, a Super Robot Wars for the 3DS. Well, I knew it was coming, but it still hurts. :\

Is this a sequel to the DS Super Robot Wars? I only got a few hours into that game but its great. Would love to get this in North America, also we need Project X Zone!

All the DS Super Robot Wars games were standalone, so this most likely is too.

Beth Cyra

Demonbane, Sokyu no Fafner Heaven and Earth, Wings of Rean, Fei Yin HD (from Virtual On), Mobile Suit Gundam 00 A wakening of the Trailblazer, SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors, Mazinkaiser SKL, Heroman.

Got this off Google as for the new Cast additions. Hope that shit is wrong because damn it sucks.

That and I fully expected OO Movie and SKL to be introduced in a mainline game like Z.

Still the it will be the returning cast that makes or breaks my purchase. All I need is one out of 4, but I gota feeling none of them will be in it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Demonbane, Sokyu no Fafner Heaven and Earth, Wings of Rean, Fei Yin HD (from Virtual On), Mobile Suit Gundam 00 A wakening of the Trailblazer, SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors, Mazinkaiser SKL, Heroman.

Got this off Google as for the new Cast additions. Hope that shit is wrong because damn it sucks.

That and I fully expected OO Movie and SKL to be introduced in a mainline game like Z.

Still the it will be the returning cast that makes or breaks my purchase. All I need is one out of 4, but I gota feeling none of them will be in it.

Fafner and 00 movie are the worst offenders here.

The PS3 SRWs don't get released here, forget about the handheld ones, lol.

No.

What? No way, your wrong. We got Super Robot Wars in North America on DS. Please we gotta keep a positive attitude about all this or we are gonna lose more great Japanese games coming to the rest of the world!

Takao

Banned
they don't review ports, rite? That explains nsmbu at least

but they already reviewed codblops 2 and the wii u version is in this week's reviews

What? No way your wrong. We got Super Robot Wars in North America in 3DS. Please we gotta keep a positive attitude about all this or we are gonna lose more great Japanese games coming to the rest of the world!

you have the spirit of a true shonen hero

you also crazy

Beth Cyra

What? No way your wrong. We got Super Robot Wars in North America in 3DS. Please we gotta keep a positive attitude about all this or we are gonna lose more great Japanese games coming to the rest of the world!

We couldn't even get Project X Zone, after SRW OG 1 on DS failing we will likely never get another agian.

Honestly I can't say I'm bothered by this though, Monolith's SRW's are kinda wack and I find OG's to be boring and lame.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Charge Axe sounds like something I'd use but it's perhaps a fluff weapon that isn't necessary or potentially makes other weapon types unnecessary (ie why go for a less versatile real sword and shield that doesn't have the merged mode which I imagine makes it more powerful when power is what sword and shield lacks, or also why go for a longsword which can't block at all when the Charge Axe has a similar charged special etc). Also, why is it another axe, why not something more unique. It basically sounds like another throwaway addition that while it could be enjoyable may not be great enough to make the cut for future games once re-evaluated unless they come up with a cool way to differentiate the moves and strategies available in each mode.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

The Super Robot Taisen game for DS America got was one with no licenses involved, since it featured original robots. No SRT title with licensed characters has ever made it outside Japan.

Sophia

What? No way, your wrong. We got Super Robot Wars in North America on DS. Please we gotta keep a positive attitude about all this or we are gonna lose more great Japanese games coming to the rest of the world!

It would take a miracle several times greater than that of Tatsunoko vs Capcom for a licensed Super Robot Wars game to come out in English. It aint 0%, but it may as well be.

The Super Robot Taisen game for DS America got was one with no licenses involved, since it featured original robots. No SRT title with licensed characters has ever made it outside Japan.

And it was a spinoff game too that wasn't really anything like Super Robot Wars.

but they already reviewed codblops 2 and the wii u version is in this week's reviews

you have the spirit of a true shonen hero

you also crazy

Haha ^_^ well it is one of the major reasons I joined Neogaf and thats to try my best to voice how great Japanse games are and how much I want them over here. I hated that period of anti-japan that was going around and I'm hoping that goes away.

I hope the Demonbane manages to achieve its full-fledged multi-dimensional broken glory.

...for some reason, I'm doubting that'll be the case.

Beth Cyra

Wasn't Virtual On in Alpha 3 already?

Was that Unit or it's story line there? I don't know if they would seperate it like that though.

Still after Icezer and some of these newer adds lik Brave Battle Warriors and Heroman I'm wanting my KnM damn it Banpresto.

Quality and being well known is no longer really needed to get into these bad boys.

Fei Yen from both VO:OT and Marz was in there, if I recall correctly.

I'm guessing this is the Force plot? (I have no idea, haven't gotten to play Force yet)

Edit: Well, I'm off, Marz is essentially Force.

I'm not sure what's going on at all then.

Shouta

We couldn't even get Project X Zone, after SRW OG 1 on DS failing we will likely never get another agian.

Honestly I can't say I'm bothered by this though, Monolith's SRW's are kinda wack and I find OG's to be boring and lame.

OG1 was for the GBA, not the DS.

That 3DS SRW game doesn't sound too hot TBH (not mainline + meh series). That said, I wasn't expecting a mainline entry on 3DS, considering what they did on DS.
And if it had sounded cool, I guess I'd have been annoyed by that stupid region locking anyway.

disco

That 3DS SRW game doesn't sound too hot TBH (not mainline + meh series). That said, I wasn't expecting a mainline entry on 3DS, considering what they did on DS.
And if it had sounded cool, I guess I'd have been annoyed by that stupid region locking anyway.
What are people thinking in terms of sales? It is launching with a special edition console.

Beth Cyra

What are people thinking in terms of sales? It is launching with a special edition console.

Really depends on what else is coming back along side the new units. Outside of OO, Kaizer and maybe one or two others I don't see anything that would drive people to it.

Is it going to look good? Is it going to be near SRW Z or is it going to be a SRW W/L/K level game?

SRWZ 2.1 and 2.2 did well but nothing amazing, and while that can explained because they split up the game, I still have a hard time seeing this one do remotely as close to them, even less so if this one is as clearly side game as W/K/L was.

Even G Gen 3D got a speical edition console and it didn't do that well. I fully expect this to do better then that, but less my guess is maybe half of SRW Z2.1/2.2.

squall23

But "non-mainline" SRW games are awesome. W was great with it's cast and ultimately broken final upgrade and dynamic kills up the wazoo. NEO has the best changes to the normal SRW formula and had the sound team from GC, meaning NEO's soundtrack was 2nd to none alongside an entire cast list made up of Supers. J was the culmination of all their hard work on the GBA and that was their final amazing gift to the system.

But as for now UX sounds a little small for my liking.

Oh man, I am wholeheartedly looking forward to the Iwata's Ask for this. If he did one for PxZ, there is absolutely no reason he wouldn't do one with Terada.

Beth Cyra

I don't remember Endless Frontier failing, though. I believe it did pretty well.

In NA? It was so bad they decided to not bring the sequel over and we have never heard of anyone trying to bring over Project X Zone.

Everything I've read has said that Enless Frontier tanked hard.

wsippel

Banned
In NA? It was so bad they decided to not bring the sequel over and we have never heard of anyone trying to bring over Project X Zone.

Everything I've read has said that Enless Frontier tanked hard.
Yes, in NA. I remember it doing quite well, and people wondering why the sequel didn't get localized because of that. Weird.

Top Bottom