• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildman, Gas Powered Games Kickstarter Action RPG

Kifimbo

As some of you might know, Gas Powered Games (Dungeon Siege, Supreme Commander) put a countdown on their website in December. For something called ProjectW, clearly a codename. The countdown ends Monday.

http://projectw.gaspowered.com/

In the last few hours, GPG posted these comments on Twitter:

Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games are preparing to unveil their latest project this Monday! http://projectw.gaspowered.com #GPGWild

Are you ready for something wild? Check out our site at http://gaspowered.com #GPGWild for more info! Stay tuned! Big announcement Monday!

So yeah, the word 'wild' looks related to the game. Turns out GPG trademarked Wildman on December 16. Seems pretty obvious it's the name of their new game (and the W in ProjectW). They also bought wildmangame.com in October. Nothing at that address yet.

Cade

I thought this was Gaslamp Games and got a lot more excited than I was when I realized what it actually was. Still, a new IP announcement is exciting anyway.

Kifimbo

Found the first artwork of the game.

TxtTT.png

flowsnake

I thought this was Gaslamp Games and got a lot more excited than I was when I realized what it actually was. Still, a new IP announcement is exciting anyway.

In case you're not aware...it's already known what their next game is (Clockwork Empires, some kind of city builder).

faridmon

Loved Supreme comander, but thier subsequent games have been dissapoinment. I am quite looknng forward to more information about this game though.

prudislav

Crush your enemies in this original role-playing and real-time strategy hybrid from Gas Powered Games. Wildman delivers a thrilling mix of action-role-playing and real-time strategy that only a developer like Gas Powered Games can deliver. In brief, this is what it's all about: Going to War: Build your army and fight against opposing champions armies for great rewards in hand-crafted War Zones.
from google preview of this site wildman.gaspowered.com/game-details which is not working yet

Nicktock

Neo Member
Crush your enemies in this original role-playing and real-time strategy hybrid from Gas Powered Games. Wildman delivers a thrilling mix of action-role-playing and real-time strategy that only a developer like Gas Powered Games can deliver. In brief, this is what it's all about: Going to War: Build your army and fight against opposing champions armies for great rewards in hand-crafted War Zones.

so Warcraft III?

Deadstar

This sounds incredible. I can't wait! GPG knows how to do strategy.

I hope it's more like Sacrifice and less like DOTA.

This would be mindblowing...Sacrifice is one of my all time favorite games. There's nothing like it. It surprisingly still looks pretty good after all these years. Though sacrifice had the mechanic where you use souls to create new characters. If they don't steal that idea what can they do...

PFD

Looks alright. I loved TA and the original supcom and dungeon siege, but hated the sequels. Never played demigod.

Sounds like a moba in that your buildings spew out units. The only difference is you can pick where your base will be.

Only bad part is PvP will be the last thing they focus on....um what.

Killzig

Don't like the team behind this and the concept sounds dreadful. Wasn't this what that half baked Vikings action RPG was trying to accomplish?

Madouu

I wish they showed some kind of gameplay prototype, it's hard to grasp exactly where they are going with this even if I have an idea from what they said.

It's acceptable for things like project Eternity to not show much because we know exactly what to expect. In this case, they've produced quite a different games and just saying this is going to be a blend of the games we released isn't enough for me.

I'm interested that they seem to be expanding on the rts/moba formula but I'm very far from sold on it.

For all you guys mentioning Sacrifice which is one of my favourite games too, I don't think this is it at all, seems more like a Fallen Enchantress in real time to be honest.

Deadstar

I wish they showed some kind of gameplay prototype, it's hard to grasp exactly where they are going with this even if I have an idea from what they said.

It's acceptable for things like project Eternity to not show much because we know exactly what to expect. In this case, they've produced quite a different games and just saying this is going to be a blend of the games we released isn't enough for me.

I'm interested that they seem to be expanding on the rts/moba formula but I'm very far from sold on it.

For all you guys mentioning Sacrifice which is one of my favourite games too, I don't think this is it at all, seems more like a Fallen Enchantress in real time to be honest.

I agree. Having no gameplay is kind of strange. It makes it hard to get excited for because you're pledging on an idea that you can't even visualize.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
When Nirolak linked me to the kickstarter page I thought this was a misguided attempt by a severely autistic Sonic the Hedgehog fan until I scrolled down.

Beckx

Yeah, PE is based on the idea that it's going to look and feel like an Infinity engine game. Here, it's not clear at all what the vision really is. Pass, for now.

PFD

Yeah, definitely not like Sacrifice, but a man can dream!

Decado

Sounds kinda cool, but does anyone else feel that their goal isn't very realistic? Grim Dawn only received $540k and you could say that those devs arguably have a better ARPG pedigree than GPG.

EDIT: Also, unless I missed, they should explicitly state what platform(s) the game is going to be released on. Not doing so is incredibly dumb.

Here's hoping this means we get more surreal videos from Chris Taylor.

The Kings and Castles Video Blog stuff is still worth watching, even if the project never comes out, just for Chris Taylor chasing chickens around and talking to people about trail mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvsnFe4qCk

The game stuff is really interesting too.

That's muh lunch.

Boerseun

Banned
Being too focused on Windows PC will be their undoing, in my opinion. There are far too many similar games on the platform already. They should follow the example of many (most?) recent Kickstarter RPG projects and do a version for OUYA, for example. That's where their audience will be, with the more niche platforms.

Top Bottom