• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines |OT| Game Over Man, GAME OVER!

MRORANGE

The game comes out in a few days... I think it's based on the movie: Aliens.

ADDITIONAL INFO RIPPED FROM OLLIE POOCH
j1EKmw57bgfdZ.jpg

Release Date : 12th February 2013 (Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3). Wii U TBC

Aliens: Colonial Marines is an upcoming video game in development by Gearbox Software and is to be published by Sega for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360. The game is a first-person shooter based on the characters and creatures of the Alien franchise, particularly the film Aliens.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is a first-person shooter which puts the player in the role of a United States Colonial Marine named Cpl. Christopher Winter. The player will have access to iconic weapons from the movie such as the flamethrower, pulse rifle, smartgun, shotgun, pistol, RPGs, and robotic sentry turrets. Players will also be able to use welding torches to seal doors and motion trackers to detect unseen enemies.

jUK9B1203H7Xx.png

Described as a true sequel to James Cameron's film, the story of Aliens: Colonial Marines takes place after the events of the second film, Aliens. At PAX East 2012, Gearbox Software's Community Manager confirmed that the game is considered an official part of the Alien franchise's canon by 20th Century Fox. Much of the main plot was written by Battlestar Galactica writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle.

The story is told through the eyes of Corporal Christopher Winter, a Colonial Marine who is part of a search and rescue team sent to investigate the U.S.S. Sulaco in search of Ellen Ripley, Corporal Dwayne Hicks, and the rest of the missing marines who were dispatched to LV-426. The Sulaco, and the derelict alien spacecraft from Alien as well as LV-426 itself will all serve as environments in the game, as well as other locations yet to be detailed.

jgsdxfi00yjnJ.png

Single Player Campaign
The game includes a story-driven single player campaign mode, where players will earn experience points when killing enemies and completing certain objectives. These experience points will allow players to customize the appearance of their character, purchase upgrades for weapons, and unlock other skill sets, all of which carry over to other gameplay modes.

Multiplayer Modes
Aliens: Colonial Marines features a campaign with dynamic drop-in/drop-out cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players online or 2 players locally via split screen. Competitive multiplayer has been confirmed, and Gearbox has shown Aliens vs Marines team deathmatch 6 v 6 gameplay, as well as a 4 v 4 objective mode called Escape, where the marines team must reach an evac point while the alien team must hunt and stop them. Other modes include Survival, which pits four marines against hordes of Aliens in a confined map.

STAND ON THE READY LINE!

[pulling out his pump-action shotgun]
Hicks: I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.
Frost: I heard *that.*

Shadybiz

17 days ?!?! I got news for ya man, I'm not gonna play this game for 17 hours!

nah, I am curious to try it

MormaPope

Banned
"Duke Nukem Forever in Space" is probably what this game actually is. And what I mean is really sloppy and unfun shooting combined with a lot of variety, yet everything feels dull and apathetic.

The best Aliens game came out a long time ago. Still holds up to this day.

MisterHero

Is Nintendo ever getting around to finishing the Wii U Zapper?

That would be the greatest Wii U accessory ever

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
c'mon man

this'll be the last Western physical release from Sega that's not Sonic or Yakuza for years

show some respect, at least from a eulogistic standpoint.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Did IPs just drop sharply while I was away?
We homed in on its beacon!

..and found something never advertised once in over 300 surveyed worlds.

I just know this is gonna be super mediocre. Eugh. But I can't stop myself. That pulse rifle noise.

This OT might be better than MickeyKnox's upcoming Crysis 3 OT.

I for one can't wait for this game. I've had it preordered for a while. I don't know what peoples expectations are, but from reading through some of the comments on the other thread, people don't want to:

-shoot aliens
-set up turrets
-see anything new that they aren't accustomed to.

I want those things. Game looks fun.

I'm one of about 5 people hyped for this game. Got 2 buddies who also have it preordered and can't wait to play it together. I even got it from Gamestop (bleh) for the multiplayer movie character skins.

But then, I've enjoyed pretty much every Alien related game I've tried at least on some level. I actually have fond memories of Alien Trilogy and Alien Resurrection on PSX. I lrecognize AvP 2010 as sort of a dud, but still had fun with it.

LOL. Great OT.

Didn't even know this was out so soon. Game has looked pretty mediocre, but I love Aliens. Guess we'll keep the DmC and Dead Space 3 mediocrity train going.

Top Bottom