• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Gotham Racing Trademark has been renewed.

TheOddOne

Here.

jptf6viudXdnx.png

Ding-Ding

The big rumour is Lucid Games.

They seem to be the successor studio to Bizarre that I believe has the most ex-Bizarre employees under one roof.

Only problem is, they are only 33 people strong & they appeared on Sony's list as confirmed PS4 developers

nib95

Banned
I believe it is Lucid games, which is also made up of several Bizarre devs as far as I can tell, have read, or have been informed. The strange thing however was that Lucid was one of the games on Sony's PS4 dev chart here.

ps4-event_0672.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

Does Microsoft own the PGR IP? If yes, I guess it confirms it will definitely be exclusive. But yea, I'm fairly confident PGR5 will be a nextbox title at the very least, or a game along those lines anyway.

LTWheels

Only problem is, they are only 33 people strong & they appeared on Sony's list as confirmed PS4 developers

They aren't owned by MS so they can work with who they like. Maybe MS has contracted out the game with them? There has been previous MS job postings in the past about liasioning with 3rd parties.
Looking at PGR appreciation thread, there is a belief they are working alongside Rare and another studio. Rare has been hiring Codemaster guys recently

Skylightthumb.png

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sells Bizarre off/lets them die.

Still wants a PGR game at launch.

You were a total mess this generation Microsoft. Get your shit in order now for next-gen please.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I believe it is Lucid games, which is also made up of several Bizarre devs as far as I can tell, have read, or have been informed. The strange thing however was that Lucid was one of the games on Sony's PS4 dev chart here.

ps4-event_0672.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

Does Microsoft own the PGR IP? If yes, I guess it confirms it will definitely be exclusive. But yea, I'm fairly confident PGR5 will be a nextbox title at the very least.

Microsoft owns the PGR IP.

Microsoft owns that too...

Lucid are an independent studio so it's natural that they would apply for PS4 devkits. As for their apparent size, even if that number is current, we could be looking at another collaboration akin to that of Turn 10 and Playground Games. In fact, Playground could be a potential partner, and Rare (who have recently been hiring a lot of driving game developers, including some ex-Bizarre people) are another option.

Needs to be more PGR 2 than 3 and 4.

Give us some more diverse cities. There's only so many times you can race around the same areas of the same cities. Stockholm, Chicago and Edinburgh were fantastic to race around and diverse. More of that please. And Bring back proper cone challenges and ridiculous Kudos Multipliers while you are at it.

They're just gonna cash in on nostalgia but I don't expect any new PGR game to be good.

Also, I've only played Metropolis Street Racing and PGR 2, how are the other games in the series?

FordGTGuy

Banned

Vormund

Lucid are an independent studio so it's natural that they would apply for PS4 devkits. As for their apparent size, even if that number is current, we could be looking at another collaboration akin to that of Turn 10 and Playground Games. In fact, Playground could be a potential partner, and Rare (who have recently been hiring a lot of driving game developers, including some ex-Bizarre people) are another option.

Yeah I'm thinking Playground would be the one working on this.

Top Bottom