• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sengoku Basara 4 Announced for PS3 for 2014

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/30031180.html

5156c5d6f1a56.jpg

5156c86709bf6.jpg

Tizoc

Capcom sadly messed up their chances with the Vita far as I can see.
I can't view famitsu or the images from work, but for the love of all that's holy, GIMME A DIGITAL ENGLISH RELEASE!

Madao

back in the start of last gen, we saw many PS2/PSP/Wii multiplats.

why aren't PS3/WiiU/Vita multiplatforms happening in the same way? too expensive to make the ports?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Really surprising that there is no WiiU Version considering the last game was one of the few PS3/Wii games which sold kinda well. Iwata what are you doin man ?

Cant wait for a trailer.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
3 was so greeeeeeeeat. Take lessons KOEI.

I wonder if we can expect any core improvements outside the expected refinements now that it's not necessarily held back by a lower end SKU.

Will every game announcement turn into a Vita discussion for some people? Lol. Go where the games you want are guys, don't expect them to come to you after the fact.

I really wish this wasn't a Crapcom series and someone else could bring it out. So much charm and style that I can't fully absorb because it isn't localized

sphinx

the piano man
Will every game announcement turn into a Vita discussion for some people? Lol. Go where the games you want are guys, don't expect them to come to you after the fact.

that's getting a bit annoying. Just like every recent PS3/360 game announcement demands a spin-off thread devoted to "Recently announced X game not coming to wii U, OMG!, SHOCKING!"

people, please follow the games you want in their platforms and deal with it.

squall23

I'm not sure I like the idea of SB4. By that, I mean the thing that I like about SB is that as crazy as the games and characters are, the overall history stayed relatively the same. I kind of hope they don't make up some weird crap to continue the series. It's why I didn't really like the anime as much as the games. Too much fiction.

I guess one way I would accept the game is if it spans the entire period of history. That way it'll feel more like the musou games story wise and I can use Azai Nagamasa again.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmm, just in time for me to start considering a new title of the Koei games. I'll wait and see then to see what is actually new or different in this one.

expel

I thought Capcom is in bed with Nintendo...weird....
well anyway, glad to see Basara series is being continued! can't wait!

Sgblues

Don't see a reason for that mainly as 3 and by extension, 3 Utage, is the best ver. of the series so far.

Yeah that's true, though I wouldn't mind snapping it up if it ever came over here and they are good ports(never played 2 or heroes)

what were last game sales?

Sengoku Basara 3 did 384 000 on PS3 and 111 000 on Wii.

Its pretty shocking that this is not cmoing to the WiiU especially since Capcom seems to be one of the few Japanese devs that actually want to support the system. This is worrying when a multiplatform title which was able to come to the Wii is not coming to the WiiU.

I am guessing SB4 could do around 400 000 or maybe even more.

noobie

Banned
Sengoku Basara 3 did 384 000 on PS3 and 111 000 on Wii.

Its pretty shocking that this is not cmoing to the WiiU especially since Capcom seems to be one of the few Japanese devs that actually want to support the system. This is worrying when a multiplatform title which was able to come to the Wii is not coming to the WiiU.

I am guessing SB4 could do around 400 000 or maybe even more.
I doubt it will do over 250k.. this late in the gen.. (depends on the reviews of the last one too) but i dont believe they should expect equal sales.. definitely not more than last one
I think with VITA they might be able to add another 70-80k..

Selvaria

that's getting a bit annoying. Just like every recent PS3/360 game announcement demands a spin-off thread devoted to "Recently announced X game not coming to wii U, OMG!, SHOCKING!"

Pretty much summarizes this thread so far...

Ill definitely buy this game if it ever gets localized.

Road

What da eff? Any reason why Utage didn't sell so well?

Not everybody that played a game wants to buy the same game again for a few additions?

It is the rule that expanded editions of the game sell significantly less than the original release in pretty much every genre and franchise. (As every rule, there are always exceptions.)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Not everybody that played a game wants to buy the same game again for a few additions?

It is the rule that expanded editions of the game sell significantly less than the original release in pretty much every genre and franchise. (As every rule, there are always exceptions.)
Do you have information about how previous entries' expansions did, the pricing of each release, etc? If not, that's a pretty knee jerky post. And it didn't add just a few things, there are many new characters and stuff.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Might be better served telling that to the Wii U fans about port begging every major announcement for other platforms first. :p

As for this game, if they bring it to America I'll probably buy it. SB3 was pretty fun.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Will import like I did with Utage and the HD collection I guess

Top Bottom