• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Xbox is teasing ‘important announcements’ for December’s Game Awards

In promotional materials distributed this week, the company said “important announcements” are planned for the event, along with other exciting Xbox news.

It wrote: “Celebrate the best games of the year and the big winners live at The Game Awards on 7. December at 19:30 ET / 4:30PM PT / 12:30A+1 GMT along with important announcements and other Xbox news that you don’t want to miss!”
GAB3U7MXAAAuPPo.jpg

TrebleShot

I would expect some sort of Hail Mary, they are being outsold on hardware by a non native streaming device , that’s pathetic any way you look at it.

They need new hardware now.

Reality - promises of future content , no hard dates , some relatively large third party game pass games.

Honestly their biggest megaton will likely be Baldurs gate 3 to game pass.

*Lights dim as Phil Spencer walks towards stage center*

Phil: "Here at Xbox, we've always been at the forefront of creating new gaming experiences and collaborating with partners big and small from around the world. Today, I'd like to announce that we are partnering with one of the most revered studios in the industry who in 2024, will be releasing their most ambitious and most anticipated title. An IP that gamers everywhere have been waiting a decade for..."

VGC Announcer: "Xbox Exclusive World Premier"

OIP.x4CYgrzN8Dh2LPN7XMArCQHaEK

reinking

Gold Member
Who are they going after next? Big announcements from Xbox seem to be more about who they are buying instead of what their current studios are releasing.

Joe Biden Kidding GIF by GIPHY News

john mulaney snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Uncle Phil: "Thanks Geoff, great to be here. *Smilies* We at XBOX are constantly making great strides in the great content we make. Our library of games is so good, we can now confirm that we have acquired Embracer, EA and Ubisoft to Microsoft game studios." *Stares at Jim Ryan*

LordCBH

Phil: "Here at Xbox, we've always been at the forefront of creating new gaming experiences and collaborating with partners big and small from around the world. Today, I'd like to announce that we are partnering with one of the most revered studios in the industry who in 2024, will be releasing their most ambitious and most anticipated title. An IP that gamers everywhere have been waiting a decade for..."

Would be peak Little Dick Energy lol

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Screw that, I just want him to walk out and roll up his sleeve to reveal a VI tattoo on his biceps

Zones

742742.jpg

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Curious of what do they consider "important". What can be considered important, but not important enough to be on a proper showcase? With GTA VI being shown in December that would be huge if true. But the worse case would be Baldurs gate 3 release date. A special GOTY edition for Xbox would be so cringe...

Top Bottom