• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Xbox is teasing ‘important announcements’ for December’s Game Awards

//DEVIL//

Lies. I am not expecting anything from you guys, so
Nothing GIF

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
As a Series X owner, I am still waiting for them to deliver. So yeah, time to finally show something.
They will. For them to put out a beacon during TGA means they probably have something worth talking about at the very least. Hope to God is HBII.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ill be happy if they confirm the existence of the Fallout 3 remaster. Seriously Microsoft, my expectations are THAT low.

Elbereth

Hmm, outside of GTA 6 for Gamepass or the addition of Activision games to the service... I'm not sure what they can announce that induce genuine excitement.

Cautiously optimistic.

Gojiira

Any excuse for Fill to be on stage to moider about ‘engagement’ ‘best year ever’ ‘Xbox the best place for games’ etc etc, fucking please…

As opposed to the last couple years since Series X where they’ve oddly decided to be completely absent from the show.

Cool! I love new announcements

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I would expect some sort of Hail Mary, they are being outsold on hardware by a non native streaming device , that’s pathetic any way you look at it.

They need new hardware now.

Reality - promises of future content , no hard dates , some relatively large third party game pass games.

Honestly their biggest megaton will likely be Baldurs gate 3 to game pass.

Would that even be worth it? Game has already sold >10 million and MS would've to pay a lot for it.
Rather get some other big game day 1?

One thing I really hate about Microsoft announcements and/or events is how corporate it looks like. They don't have the charm of a Shuhei Yoshida or a Mark Cerny, it always looks like Marketing people trying to sound how "thrilled" they are for a new game/DLC. It makes it look like games for them are just a business project.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ill be happy if they confirm the existence of the Fallout 3 remaster. Seriously Microsoft, my expectations are THAT low.

Me thinks it might be too early. Virtuous is making it and they're working on Mgs delta right now.

The only fallout related announcement I can see is the date for the next gen patch for 4.

And maybe a trailer for the show.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
One thing I really hate about Microsoft announcements and/or events is how corporate it looks like. They don't have the charm of a Shuhei Yoshida or a Mark Cerny, it always looks like Marketing people trying to sound how "thrilled" they are for a new game/DLC. It makes it look like games for them are just a business project.

You're forgetting their most powerful marketing tool, the leather jacket and tshirt combo.

Curious of what do they consider "important". What can be considered important, but not important enough to be on a proper showcase? With GTA VI being shown in December that would be huge if true. But the worse case would be Baldurs gate 3 release date. A special GOTY edition for Xbox would be so cringe...

I could see them bringing it to GP. They would have had to pay so much money but it might be worth it considering it's going to be GOTY.

BbMajor7th

Can't help themselves, can they? Can't just let a thing happen. Have to play a week-long hype-train guessing-game that leaves everyone disappointed in the end.

Cant Believe It Evan Peters GIF by Disney+

Top Bottom