• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Ready for some Dragon Age 3 footage? [Yep, it's coming at E3]

Edit: Yup

j4ngV8DL6AHNU.png

Boyajian is in charge of trailers and media from Bioware and working on DA3. Hoping for the best, don't let me down Bioware.

Dawg

I don't think they'll ever reach the quality of the first game again, as Brent Knowles left them during DA2 development. (Gee, I wonder why)

I'd love to be wrong though.

Actually, no. I loved Dragon Age. Loved BioWare. But after Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, I have literally no confidence in their output any longer. I hope DA3 turns out well, but I'm not really expecting it to.

syko de4d

just show us a trailer with at least 4 different locations so we know DA3 will have at least double the amount of locations DA2 had.

Is he a BioWare employee or a contractor? Because if it's the former, then BioWare has four projects in the works:

+ Dragon Age III (BioWare Edmondton)
+ Command & Conquer (BioWare Victory)
+ Mass Effect Next (BioWare Montreal)
+ Casey Hudson & Mac Walters' new universe (BioWare Edmondton)

And while DA3 and C&C look seemingly ready for a reveal, I get the feeling the latter two aren't (or if one of them is, then it has to be ME Next).

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Warden Cameo or no sale!

But in all seriousness, going to have to see some amazing stuff to grab me this time around.

I have a friend who really liked DA2 because he tried DA1 and it was "too complicated." EA's dream is real.

I liked them both, but for different reasons. Thought the dialogue/cast in DA2 was better, though the combat/gameplay was weaker than the first game, and the environments needed more variation.

The game was CLEARLY rushed though, and since that doesn't seem to be the case with DA3, I'm staying optimistic and it will likely be a day 1 purchase for me.

Especially if there's more merrill in it.

Axspell

Neo Member
Really? I thought 2 was atrocious. What did you like about it?

I loved the snappy combat and the politically-charged narrative. BioWare's writers are at their best when doing character writing, not overarching story or plot writing, and Dragon Age 2 exemplified that, in my opinion. That's not to say that the game didn't have its negatives, but overall Dragon Age 2 felt like a more cohesive and consumable product to me. Seeing a self-contained story about a city play out over a few acts was instantly more interesting to me than some grand, fantasy plot about the Darkspawn.

Liking Dragon Age 2 is one thing, loving though? lol

Take that as hyperbole. I liked 1, but liked 2 more. I'm not using love in the literal sense. :p

Sethos

Banned
I loved the snappy combat and the politically-charged narrative. BioWare's writers are at their best when doing character writing, not overarching story or plot writing, and Dragon Age 2 exemplified that, in my opinion. That's not to say that the game didn't have its negatives, but overall Dragon Age 2 felt like a more cohesive and consumable product to me. Seeing a self-contained story about a city play out over a few acts was instantly more interesting to me than some grand, fantasy plot about the Darkspawn.

David Gaider, is it you!?

I thought DA2 was decently fun. The characters were/voice acting were much better than Origins and I enjoyed the combat more.

But I will admit the horrible usage of wave after wave of enemies and using the same environments over and over and over and over again really left a bad taste in that regard. I also liked Hawke a lot as a character and liked that they changed the dialogue to the Mass Effect-esque wheel.

Lime

Given how EA is hurting financially and how they have scaled down the diversity of their portfolio, no one should expect something of creative value. If this thing won't sell above 3-5 million, the franchise is dead.

It's okay to hope, but keep your expectations in check.

My only hope is that they rip off Dark Souls and hence make a great if not original game.

I expect they will rip of Skyrim or Mass Effect but somehow make it even more dead, empty and lifeless.

I don't think there is any chance that they will copy something like DAO. That would just be madness.

Top Bottom