• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

ekim

untitledake00.png

Developer: Undead Labs
Official Homepage: http://undeadlabs.com/stateofdecay/
Platforms: Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Arcade), PC
Release: June 05 (Xbox 360) - confirmed!! / Unknown (PC)
Price: 1600 MSP / Unknown (PC)

Official description:
The end is here. Life as you know it has gone to hell after the mother of all zombie outbreaks. Now you and the few scattered survivors must band together to survive and rebuild in a 3rd-person action game set in a dynamic open world. You choose where to make your stand, designing and fortifying your home base, performing daring raids for food and ammunition, and rescuing other playable survivors with unique talents. The open, sandbox world develops in real-time, shaped by your actions, dynamically generating content based on your choices and the ever-increasing zombie threat.

State of Decay is an open world zombie-survival game, currently under development at Undead Labs for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade (June 2013) and PC.

Music by Jesper Kyd (Samples on Homepage)

Gameplay Features:
  • 2 Hour Day and Night cycle: 1 hour of daylight and 1 hour of night.
  • Skill progression system: For example, a skill like Fighting can be improved through combat with melee weapons like a baseball bat or a crowbar. (The weapons listed are examples only)
  • Play as a community struggling to survive. If your community has more than one person, you will switch to another community member when you die.
  • Recruit Survivors that have unique sets of skills. Some survivors are expert gardeners, firearms experts, or chefs for example.
  • Variety of zombies: Some zombies move slowly, others run fairly fast. There are also unique zombies that have yet to be revealed.
  • Randomly generated missions like rescuing a survivor, scavenger hunts, or killing zombies.
  • Randomly generated contents of containers in buildings you search. Once you take an item from a container that container will never spawn additional items.
  • A wide selection of ground vehicles to drive.
  • The ability to claim any building with a fence, wall, or similar structure surrounding it as your base for your community and additional buildings as outposts.
  • With your base you can allocate exterior spaces as workshops, barracks, gardens, watchtowers, or some other announced facilities.
  • Interior base spaces can be allocated for use as kitchens or some other unannounced facilities
  • Undead Labs' zombie apocalypse game will feature permadeath, but you can always switch from one survivor to another.
(via State of Decay Wiki)

Videos:

State Of Decay Trailer
Distraction Trailer
Spycam Trailer
Tactics Trailer

30 Minutes Gameplay
Pax East 2013 Gameplay
Another gameplay video from the devs. The most recent if found. (April 2013)

Screenshots:

Previews:
IGN - 4 hours in State of Decays open world
OXM - Another look at State of Decay: the most ambitious zombie survival sim around
Eurogamer - State of Decay is one hugely ambitious open-world zombie game (2012)
VGRevolution - 9 things to love in State of Decay

Reviews:
IGN - 8.9
OXM - 8/10
Angry Centaur Review

demidar

The concept and premise are extremely high tier, but it all comes down to execution.

If it's done well, I can see me wasting a lot of hours on this game.

Gowans

I haven't been checking in on this.

1600msp seems like a death sentence on XBLA.

This is a 3rd person, single player Day Z style game right?

I was interested in this until I found out that it's single player only. I was looking forward to having something Day Z esque on consoles. The game still looks ok though

Does this have multiplayer?

Game looks kinda fun.

No mulitiplayer, single player only. From what I understand the developers were looking at making it an MMO but scaled it back. I think they mentioned if this game is successful they will move ahead with the MMO idea.

This game does look fun, but I do feel it would be so much better with co-op, even a low number like 2-4 would add so much to this type of game. Would love to build my community and then trade and scavenge with other players. But as an XBL title and first step this looks good.

Been following this for ages, they finally announced a release date not so long ago. Really excited to play it just wish the PC version would release same day as XBLA.

Gowans

So is the PC release date the same as XBLA? what are we expecting.

With no BC on Xbox I'm tempted to wait for PC.

mujun

I've read from some developer of the game, that June 05 is the slated release date. But XBLA - a postponement is still possible.

Where?

I checked the official forums and site and saw no news to that effect.

The 5th date came from a Gamestop leak or something and was said to be an internal target (by a dev on the official site) and not a proposed release date.

ekim

Where?

I checked the official forums and site and saw no news to that effect.

The 5th date came from a Gamestop leak or something and was said to be an internal target (by a dev on the official site) and not a proposed release date.

-->
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...-june-5-according-to-leaked-gamestop-listing/

The developer’s community director Sanya Weathers clarified the listing in the State of Decay forums, saying June 5 is their goal, but they won’t be able to provide a solid date until the game passes certification.

I found that pretty convincing :eek:

Dabanton

The trailer for this has been given pride of place on the Xbox dash.

Watched it yesterday can't believe this is almost here been following since undead labs first spoke about hanging about on their site and following their Facebook progress.

There is a level of jank to the game from the videos I've seen but the concept is so up my street. That this will be a day one game for me.

Top Bottom