• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This looks like it could end up great. A definite check it out title for the PC.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well the devs behind this are a spin off from arenanet and the main guy is jeff strain who was executive producer of guild wars and a lead dev on world of warcraft, i have quite high expectations this will be good

Karak

I can't wait to do our review on this.
People are in for something pretty damn amazing.

As for the release date. It has to pass cert and then get onto the release list. Hope for June 5th. Also hope for a couple random days off from work to play it:)

derFeef

ouch0yoex.gif

As for the release date. It has to pass cert and then get onto the release list. Hope for June 5th. Also hope for a couple random days off from work to play it:)

I am so jealous...

I'm glad they're sending XBLA off with a big bang (and Lococycle). This looks like one of the biggest XBLA releases yet.

I had the chance to play it at PAX for a mere 10 minutes last year, and I enjoyed it. Graphics looked great, base building mechanics looked interesting, and the combat felt solid. Though it was definitely a bit buggy when I played it, but that was almost a year ago, so that's sort of expected.

Great OT btw! I'll be there day one.

*Edit* I hope this does well so they can make Class 4. It seems like it would be perfect for Xbox One too. They could have their simulation be hosted on a dedicated server in the cloud, multiplayer and have even better graphics.

ekim

You played it? What mag are you writing for?

I'd love to wait for a PC version, but there's no certainty that'll be coming any time soon. Must resist!

Give in to the zombies!

I wouldn't expect a PC version anytime soon (if we're lucky, I'd say summer 2014). When it does come out, I'll probably double dip. No way I'm going to miss this when it comes out.

looking forward to this, very cool concept

was upset when it sounded like activision had a similar concept years ago they cancelled before it was finished (article in game informer)

keit4

Banned
Woah, i completely forgot about this. The Last of Us and State of Decay, the next month is gonna be great.

Damn, I completely forgot about this. I've already pre-ordered The Last of Us and Animal Crossing this month, I might need to wait until next month for this.

bengraven

I'm not nearly sick of zombie/survival games yet.

That's not sarcasm. I'm really really loving this time for being an apocalyptic/zombie fan.

I've already got Project Zomboid, Zombie Playground, and Dead State pre-ordered - I'm going to preorder 7 Days to Die tomorrow and I'll be buying this for PC when it comes out.

Fucking zombie/survival sandboxes, in my mouth and all over my chest...

Day one purchase for me (360). I really like what I've seen of this game so far. I can't wait to put together a survival camp! Or two!

XBLA just keeps on delivering.

See, it's not the genre it's what's done with it.

Zombie games are overdone, but what they're doing in the genre is what has me excited.

Any tired genre can produce great games if something fresh is introduced.

smr00

Banned
Hope this at least hits PC sometime in the summer if not same day.

It's days like this i wish i didn't sell my 360.

goonie

Super stoked for this as well. I can't imagine the PC port taking too long. They only decided to do it because they found out how simple it was, which wouldn't take time and/or resources away from the XBLA version (their main vision).

Also, like someone else said, they hope to add co-op some time after release.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Weirdly enough, I got very excited for this game seeing it has a Kyd soundtrack. Had no idea.

KageMaru

I've been so busy, I totally forgot this could be releasing soon. Nice OP, can't wait for this and LoU for my zombie killing pleasure.

No mulitiplayer, single player only. From what I understand the developers were looking at making it an MMO but scaled it back. I think they mentioned if this game is successful they will move ahead with the MMO idea.

This game does look fun, but I do feel it would be so much better with co-op, even a low number like 2-4 would add so much to this type of game. Would love to build my community and then trade and scavenge with other players. But as an XBL title and first step this looks good.

I've been following this since Class3 and Class4 were announced. IIRC Class3, which is State of Decay, was originally intended to be a co-op open world zombie game. As far as I understand it, they cut out the co-op with the possibility of adding it back in later if the game sells well. How well SoD sells will also determine whether or not they go forward with Class4, which should be the MMO sequel to SoD.

I could be wrong on all of this, but that's the way I remember it.

I've been following this since Class3 and Class4 were announced. IIRC Class3, which is State of Decay, was originally intended to be a co-op open world zombie game. As far as I understand it, they cut out the co-op with the possibility of adding it back in later if the game sells well. How well SoD sells will also determine whether or not they go forward with Class4, which should be the MMO sequel to SoD.

I could be wrong on all of this, but that's the way I remember it.

Nope you got it right. Tha how I remember it all going down as well. Can't wait for this.

Top Bottom