• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • E3 2013 details & information

amar212

E3 2013: Latest Gran Turismo 6 Information

**Inclusion of popular cars beginning with FIA GT3 vehicles

Gran Turismo 6 will feature a huge number of the world’s most popular cars, including the latest and greatest machines from the exciting FIA GT3 category. The cars shown at E3 2013 include the following:

Nissan DeltaWing '12
With an extremely narrow front end and a wide rear end, this car’s revolutionary triangular styling has sent shockwaves through the racing car design world. After appearing for the first time in the 2012 LeMans 24 hour race, the car also participated in the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta of the U.S., where GT Academy Winner Lucas Ordóñez and his fellow drivers achieved 5th place overall, proving the potential of this concept beyond doubt.

ilXaX0ZFlpVon.jpg

ibfiEMSYkXwuD7.jpg

ihXdxZteC0oFN.jpg

iFCbudMqFzkG3.jpg

iJ4yzEyBbNgsW.jpg

i9kXWXnrK3KOY.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
Gran Turismo has followed the development process of this car from the introduction of the camouflaged Test Prototype, to the pre-production Final Prototype. And at E3 2013, the production model will finally make its appearance. Drive and enjoy the new Stingray that will soon be delivered to eagerly awaiting Corvette fans around the world.

BMW Z4 GT3 '11
BMW introduced this car in the FIA GT3 category after the great success of the M3 in races all over the world. Based on the production Z4, the car has been made lighter, the centre of gravity has been lowered, the tread width widened and the aerodynamics improved. The engine is a 4 litre V8 that carries the DNA of the legendary M3. Its long nosed, short deck proportions and aggressive facia give this car the visage of a true fighting machine.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
The SLS AMG GT3 achieved its first victory in the Nürburgring 24 hour race in 2013. While keeping the dedicated SLS AMG aluminium space frame and 6.3 litre V8, modifications have been made to make it a racing machine meeting FIA GT3 regulations. Its unique pulsating exhaust sound gives another special flavour to the car which inherits the gull wing doors of the legendary 300SL.

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport ’13
This is the racing machine that Kazunori Yamauchi, producer of the Gran Turismo series, drove in the 2013 Nürburgring 24 hour race. Though based on the production car, the tread width is greatly expanded, with its drive train changed from four wheel drive to rear wheel drive, shedding a lot of weight in the process. It was the first Japanese car in Nürburgring history to lead for a sustained period during qualifying, showing its extremely high potential as a racing car.

Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 '12
This is a GT3 machine born from the R8, Audi’s flagship sports car. Their famous Quattro system has been shelved for this model to adopt a midship rear wheel drive drivetrain. The performance of the ultra version has been greatly enhanced by a number of improvements, including changing the door panels to carbon and upgrading the exhaust and aerodynamics. Car #3 is the car of Team Phoenix, and is the champion machine of the 2012 Nürburgring 24 hour race.

**New Locations with Grander Scale

At E3 2013, new locations included in Gran Turismo 6 were also revealed. Here are the three locations that were introduced at the show:

Gemasolar (Photo Mode)
Gemasolar is a massive concentrated solar power plant located in Seville, Spain. A total of 2650 reflector mirrors that are each 9 metres tall and 12 metres wide are arranged in a circular layout, and the facility generates enough electricity to power 25000 homes. This expansive facility covers an amazing 185 hectares (approximately 457 acres) of land, making it a particularly scenic spot in Gran Turismo. This is a truly unique location where the utilization of limitless natural energy is visualized on a colossal scale.

Willow Springs International Raceway
This famous circuit in California is now reaching its 60th anniversary, and is finally making an appearance in Gran Turismo. The Willow Springs International Raceway is a circuit that is located in a hilly region just outside of Los Angeles. Of its many layouts, the circuit we are introducing this time is the main course, the “Big Willow”. At 2.5 miles per lap, it is known for its high speed corners and undulating terrain.

Matterhorn
This is an original track that has been created in the vicinity of the Gornergrat station, which is known for its incredible view of the Matterhorn. This is a mountain course with steep climbs and sharp drops, located at an elevation of over 3000 metres. A sheer rock face follows along the track, but the width of the course is wide enough for overtaking. The sight of the European Alps as you cross over the hill here is simply spectacular. We hope everyone will enjoy the sheer scale of the nature around the track when driving this course.

**Introducing a movie showing the highlights of Gran Turismo 6

At E3 2013, the “GT6 Concept Movie #2 2013 E3” was released, showing the highlights and new evolutions made in Gran Turismo 6. In addition to the new cars and tracks introduced above, the movie also shows the progress that was made possible in simulation thanks to collaborations with technical partners such as the Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive, as well as the evolution of the graphic engine.

New car physics simulation
The physics model which dictates car dynamics has been renewed completely. Load changes of the car, changes in vehicle attitude, relationship of the surface and the tyres are even more real now, and players familiar to the game will immediately feel the new depth in drive feel the first time they turn the steering wheel.
Tyre Modelling
With the help of our technical partner, the Yokohama Rubber, a new tyre model has been introduced that reflects the tyre compound, tyre structure, and changes in characteristics under extreme load conditions.

Suspension Modelling
In collaboration with German suspension manufacturer KW Automotive: the precision and reality of the model representing shock absorbers which governs the drive feel of cars, has improved significantly.
Aerodynamics
The down force, lift and air resistance – which continually changes according to the shape of the car – changes in vehicle attitude and its relationship with the ground surface, have all been recreated to a level of precision never seen before. Keen players will probably start to feel the airflow around the car as they drive.

Adaptive Tessellation
Adaptive tessellation is next generation technology in terms of 3D model rendering. Tessellation involves dividing a polygon into multiple geometric tiles, and in adaptive tessellation, the polygons will automatically divide and become finer according to the viewing distance and position. This makes it possible to maintain the quality of the renders very high whether you are close or far from your viewing object.

HDR Rendering Engine
In order to more accurately express the wide dynamic range of real life scenery, the HDR dynamic range in Gran Turismo 6 has been made 50 times greater than that in GT5. This prevents over flaring of highlights and black outs in shadows caused by extreme differences in brightness. It also allows natural blurring effects, better motion blurring which increases dynamic motion effects, and makes the sparkle of lighting more realistic, immersing the player in a truly absorbing atmosphere.

****few more pictures

** Autumn Ring and Suzuka

**new menus:

Surface water on Gran Valley? ;D

More pictures: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4937863.html

Original Gran Turismo 6 reveal thread >
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557992

Looks very good, im hoping they improved the sound this time around, GT looks amazing but sounds very bad, a game of this caliber should not sound like that. Other than that seems very good :)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The new trailer is art by itself. I've never been much of a GT player and it even got me interested.

Here's hoping we'll see an itasha variant (i.e. anime vinyl images plastered all over) of this in GT6: the Super GT GT300-class Good Smile Racing Miku Z4 M GT3. It should be this 2011 version too since it won the GT300 championship the same year.
It's a no-brainer for the JDM crowd, yo.

Does the new graphics engine include race queen modeling...? =)

Where did I read that the DeltaWing would be impossible to licence for some reason?

Nice to see the Gornergratbahn location (leaked in a studio tour video before GT5 came out)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Is it weird that I'm not that impressed by the graphics? Maybe because it's such an old system now. Maybe Forza 5? I dunno, but I'm kind of thinking "meh", despite it possibly being the best looking game of this gen???

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Is it weird that I'm not that impressed by the graphics? Maybe because it's such an old system now. Maybe Forza 5? I dunno, but I'm kind of thinking "meh", despite it possibly being the best looking game of this gen???

It would be silly to assume it could hold a candle to next gen.

Both Drive Club and Forza 5 blow it out of the water.

I'm very interested now to see comparisons between this and the PS4/Xbone launch racing games. Hopefully this will give us a good idea of how much the jump in horsepower is going to improve next generation graphics. I'm probably not going to get either new console at launch, so GT6 will be tiding me over!

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'm very interested now to see comparisons between this and the PS4/Xbone launch racing games. Hopefully this will give us a good idea of how much the jump in horsepower is going to improve next generation graphics. I'm probably not going to get either new console at launch, so GT6 will be tiding me over!

There are plently of images and videos of FM5 and DC already.

Espada

Incredible is the word I'd use to describe Polyphony's ability to squeeze out so much from old hardware. Hopefully they fix the sounds, as that's always been a problem area for the series.

amar212

There is a great investigative "connecting the dots and Google-FU" thread over the GTPlanet by user CarBastard where it seems how famous Ascari track will be part of GT6 and how there is great potential to have city of Ronda being the place of GT6 reveal (as Madrid was for GT5, or Nurburgring for GT4 for instance).

Head here for details:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=283849

So here's the track list so far based on what we've seen in media, and assuming they were telling the truth about all tracks from vanilla GT5 being in 6. 31/33 locations and 59/71 variations.

World Circuits

Fuji Speedway
Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT

Suzuka Circuit

Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course

Daytona International Speedway
Superspeedway – Daytona
Road Course – Daytona

Tsukuba Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit

Circuit de la Sarthe
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 No Chicane
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 No Chicane

Nürburgring
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Nürburgring GP/F
Nürburgring 24h
Nürburgring GP/D
Nürburgring typeV

Indianapolis Motorspeedway
Superspeedway – Indy
Road Course – Indy

Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane

The Top Gear Test Track
The Top Gear Test Track

Laguna Seca Raceway
Laguna Seca Raceway

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Silverstone Circuit
Silverstone GP Circuit
Silverstone National Circuit
Silverstone International Circuit

Willow Springs International Raceway
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow

Original

High Speed Ring
High Speed Ring [R]

Cape Ring
Cape Ring
Cape Ring Inside
Cape Ring North
Cape Ring Outside
Cape Ring South

Autumn Ring
Autumn Ring [R]
Autumn Ring Mini [R]

Deep Forest Raceway
Deep Forest Raceway [R]

Grand Valley Speedway
Grand Valley Speedway [R]
Grand Valley East Section [R]

Eiger Nordwand Track
Eiger Nordwand Track Short Track [R]

Trial Mountain Circuit
Trial Mountain Circuit [R]

Matterhorn

Matterhorn

Special Stage Route X
Special Stage Route X Oval

City

London
London [R]

Rome
Rome [R]

Circuito de Madrid
Circuito de Madrid [R]
Circuito de Madrid Mini [R]

Tokyo R246
Tokyo R246 [R]

Côte d’Azur
Côte d’Azur

Special Stage Route 5
Special Stage Route 5 / Night [R]
Clubman Stage Route 5 / Night [R]

Special Stage Route 7
Special Stage Route 7 / Night

Dirt and Snow

Eiger Nordwand Track
Eiger Nordwand Track K Trail [R]
Eiger Nordwand Track G Trail [R]
Eiger Nordwand Track W Trail [R]

Toscana
Toscana [R]

Chamonix
Chamonix Main
Chamonix East
Chamonix West
Chamonix Mini

Dead Man

I have no doubt it will be pretty and the physics will be superb. Be nice if they actually let us change the wheel and tyre dimensions finally.

Sound and AI will still be shite.

There is a great investigative "connecting the dots and Google-FU" thread over the GTPlanet by user CarBastard where it seems how famous Ascari track will be part of GT6 and how there is great potential to have city of Ronda being the place of GT6 reveal (as Madrid was for GT5, or Nurburgring for GT4 for instance).

Head here for details:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=283849

Interesting.
The circuit count doesn't seem as low as I feared, but I'm not sure how it fits with the official numbers they gave.

velociraptor

It looks good but I'm worried that the visuals won't hold a candle next-gen (when PD eventually move to GT7). The car models look quite low poly.

54-46!

Impressive visuals judging by that trailer, seems like they streamlined the UI as well.. might try this game out when it hits.

Interesting.
The circuit count doesn't seem as low as I feared, but I'm not sure how it fits with the official numbers they gave.

It's possible that some circuits they show pre-release are actually post release DLC.. which would suck.

But yeah, if the work-in-progress track list I posted is accurate, (I'm pretty sure it is) there are only 2 locations left. These are the candidates based on rumors:

Mt. Panorama
Brands Hatch
Seattle
Apricot Hill
Twin Ring Motegi
Kart Space
Ascari Race Resort

Is it just me or did this look marginally better than drive club? DC looked great in it's own right, but showing them in the same conf just kind of put the fidelity of GT6's visuals in the spotlight. Mind you this series has always looked best in promo videos, so maybe the gameplay will be a different story...

Amazing for 7 year old hardware though, nice job, PD.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Demo version for fairs.

I have no info about it, but there is no way in hell community would forgive anything but 16 players.

To be fair the community forgave (and even vehemently defended) 80% copy pasted PS2 content in GT5.

Is it just me or did this look marginally better than drive club? DC looked great in it's own right, but showing them in the same conf just kind of put the fidelity of GT6's visuals in the spotlight. Mind you this series has always looked best in promo videos, so maybe the gameplay will be a different story...

No, it doesn't come close to next gen. It's impressive for current gen.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

Hell no, did you see the new footage from Sony's conf?

Top Bottom