• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

So Lords of the Fallen eh?

It's such a frustrating game, but for some reason I can't stop playing. All I seem to do is kill people using my Ram power because it's ridiculously long trying to get an enemy to drop their guard, or you're confined to such a small space there's absolutely nothing else to be done.

Ram. Wait for magic to restore. Ram. Wait for magic to restore. Ram.

Beat the Beast boss using just that technique. Silly.

Great month! But I already own the two I'd be interested in (Sunset Overdrive and Dead Space) so nothing exciting for me personally. They're both such fantastic games though.

It's funny I didn't buy Ryse retail cause I was expecting it on GwG, years later it still doesn't look likely while they just keep putting different great games up that of course I already own. >_<

Lima

Great month! But I already own the two I'd be interested in (Sunset Overdrive and Dead Space) so nothing exciting for me personally. They're both such fantastic games though.

It's funny I didn't buy Ryse retail cause I was expecting it on GwG, years later it still doesn't look likely while they just keep putting different great games up that of course I already own. >_<

I will never understand this. If you had or have interest in Ryse there have been multiple sales even on the marketplace with the game being like $10.

Dead Space backwards compatible and free! YES! So damn good! My number 1 request for BC since the beginning. Was going to buy it when it became BC so I'd have it digitally, but now I don't have to.

MrBlonde

No. You have access to all the games until your Gold expires.

You have that one month to download the games.
I could of sworn I read somewhere that Xbox is different then PlayStation and the games are yours even if your gold runs out. I could be wrong but either way won't effect me I'll always have gold, I let my ps+ run out because I hardly touch my ps4

I will never understand this. If you had or have interest in Ryse there have been multiple sales even on the marketplace with the game being like $10.

Seemed like a game primed for GwG treatment and my interest in it was small enough that waiting for said possible GwG version for free is easily done.

Just think it's funny that I continue to wait on that one particular game while other similar situation games I did end up purchasing cheap at retail have now been on GwG.

I could of sworn I read somewhere that Xbox is different then PlayStation and the games are yours even if your gold runs out. I could be wrong but either way won't effect me I'll always have gold, I let my ps+ run out because I hardly touch my ps4

Xbox 360 GWG titles are forever playable. Your Xbone GWG titles are only playable when you have gold.

im_dany

Seemed like a game primed for GwG treatment and my interest in it was small enough that waiting for said possible GwG version for free is easily done.

Just think it's funny that I continue to wait on that one particular game while other similar situation games I did end up purchasing cheap at retail have now been on GwG.

I bought it recently for 15$ including all DLCs. The base game is not available anymore on the Store and honestly I doubt they'd give away the game with DLCs.

watdaeff4

MS has been killing it with their GwG this year.

Killer Instinct
Sunset OD
Dead Space
Saints Row
Lords of the Fallen

Just to name a few

big_z

is there any way to see which games are currently free with gold on xbox one? I rarely see them advertised on the dash and if I go to the game store its buried 8 pages deep and only shows the xbox one games not the 360 ones.

Welfare

is there any way to see which games are currently free with gold on xbox one? I rarely see them advertised on the dash and if I go to the game store its buried 8 pages deep and only shows the xbox one games not the 360 ones.

Go to Store and then Subscriptions. They don't show 360 games in that page yet.

Chris1

Click the box to the right of the current game or app tiLe that says gold on it. Didn't have 360 games but maybe they'll change that for next month now that the store is up

SURGEdude

MS has been killing it with their GwG this year.

Killer Instinct
Sunset OD
Dead Space
Saints Row
Lords of the Fallen

Just to name a few

Yeah it's been a nice turn of events. GwG was an also-ran to Plus for quite a while but the tables sure have turned recently.

TheYanger

Xbox 360 GWG titles are forever playable. Your Xbone GWG titles are only playable when you have gold.

Question, if I forgot to renew and lost gold for a day or a week or something before grabbing a new card, do my old gold games then become playable again? Something I've always wondered since I tend to push VERY close to my renewal date sometimes. I prefer to wait for deals.

And man what a month. Own 3 of the 4 but I can't even be mad at that quality of game being on the service.

Welfare

Question, if I forgot to renew and lost gold for a day or a week or something before grabbing a new card, do my old gold games then become playable again? Something I've always wondered since I tend to push VERY close to my renewal date sometimes. I prefer to wait for deals.

And man what a month. Own 3 of the 4 but I can't even be mad at that quality of game being on the service.

They'll be there when you renew.

FyreWulff

yes

m23

I think there may be some issues between Crytek and MS, so it may not be a GwG anytime soon.

I know this is completely off topic and wasn't sure where to ask. But, I have some credit leftover at a mom and pop gaming store. My live subscription is about to run out in April and they sell these: https://www.estarland.com/Xbox360.cat..product.40629.html

Will that work for my Xbox one? I don't have a 360. I'm in the US too and noticed it's imported. I know in the description it's listed as region free, just wanted to verify with you guys. Thanks!

FyreWulff

I know this is completely off topic and wasn't sure where to ask. But, I have some credit leftover at a mom and pop gaming store. My live subscription is about to run out in April and they sell these: https://www.estarland.com/Xbox360.cat..product.40629.html

Will that work for my Xbox one? I don't have a 360. I'm in the US too and noticed it's imported. I know in the description it's listed as region free, just wanted to verify with you guys. Thanks!

yep, gold codes work on any console and aren't region locked

Grabbed Dead Space (and PvZ) from EA Access a couple hours ago.

But then I went and "bought" Dead Space again from xbox.com, because otherwise I fear it would expire when my EA Access will...

ElRenoRaven

New games are available

The Wolf Among Us (XB1)
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/The-Wolf-Among-Us/f5b8be2c-58f9-427b-8e12-2786d03dc55f

Dead Space (XB1&360):
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Dead-Space/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410857
(360 marketplace takes longer to update for certain people, if it's not showing up as free try ctrl F5 after logging in or waiting a bit and try again, it should appear within an hour)

Nice. Nabbed both. It really is a great month this month.

Special C

For some reason it won't let me purchase dead space on the website or the console. Keeps telling me to try again later. Tried for 2 days.

For some reason it won't let me purchase dead space on the website or the console. Keeps telling me to try again later. Tried for 2 days.

I was I having the same problem, and I've never had this problem (at least on xbox.com).

It finally went through for me on the console, which was unexpected.

Having a hard time playing through Deux Ex:HR on GWG. It runs great on Xbox One but feels really dated in terms of stealth and combat mechanics. Not sure if I can slog through it for much longer.

Having a hard time playing through Deux Ex:HR on GWG. It runs great on Xbox One but feels really dated in terms of stealth and combat mechanics. Not sure if I can slog through it for much longer.

I'm playing through it right now too. I'm enjoying it for the most part.

I do agree that everything seems dated, but it hasn't been unbearable to me once I got used to it.

My biggest gripe is that all the controls seem completely opposite of what I expect them to be.

Fuchsdh

Well that gives me pause. As someone who missed the majority of last gen (only got a 360 at the end of 2011) GwG has been great to experience a lot of the stuff I missed, for better or ill depending on how the game has aged.

Just started playing Assassin's Creed II since it landed on BC after being on GwG for a while, and I've been pleasantly surprised that its gameplay works well; really the biggest indicator of its age are some really gnarly facial animation and grass that disappears ten feet from your character out in the open.

Top Bottom