• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Figments

You mean you can download BC titles through the xbox one now? When did that become a thing? Or is it only for people in the preview program?

Right now, only for those in the Preview. I think the update is due out later this month, though. Can't exactly recall.

Every time I add the free games through the website, it automatically downloads on my 360 instead of my Xbox One even though I turned off "Automatic Downloads" in the 360 system settings. Anyone know how to fix that?

Figments

So how is Lords?

It's an easier Souls with similar mechanics but seemingly more of a focus on direct vs. indirect storytelling and "visceralness".

That's a word now.

The only complaint I personally have with the game is that the camera can get wonky when you're fighting in an enclosed area.

watdaeff4

You mean you can download BC titles through the xbox one now? When did that become a thing? Or is it only for people in the preview program?

Right now, only for those in the Preview. I think the update is due out later this month, though. Can't exactly recall.

Sorry - Didn't mean to get your hopes up, didn't realize it was for preview members only still.

But hey, it's really good once you get it.

Chris1

Thank you, doing us all a great service.

NP I just post here whenever I get my games, was wondering btw would people prefer if I make a new topic for it instead of posting here? they seem to get more activity in the rare occasion they do get posted but I don't want to spam the forums every 2 weeks, or naybe post both here and new topic?

Also https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/710202587258163201
"Next up April Blockbusters", maybe hinting at April being a big month or am I reading into it too much?

Last April we got double the games to celebrate 100m (?) downloads maybe they're coming up to a 150M milestone or something? Gears Judgment, Terraria, AC BF, AoT:TDC for 360 and Pool Nation FX and Child of Light for XB1 last year.

Actually it could be 200m since we should be nearing that soon, from the start of GWG till March 2015 there were 56 games given away which reached 100M downloads, and from April 2015 till now there's been 49 games given away. 7 games difference but I figure the GWG download #s are much higher these days than they were in the beginning which could make up for it. XB1 has also given away some big games after April 2015 like TR, AC and few others which I have to imagine got a ton of downloads.

Tsukumo

So how is Lords?

It has that weird brightness/contrast problem where your eyes will bleed after five minutes of playing it. It's impossible to distinguish anything unless you play at five inches distance from the screen.

The narrative is pretty bad: think the first wave of Image Comics (Spawn excluded). Think Darksiders with ultra-realistic graphics.

It looks surprisingly good for something that takes up only 5 gigs.

Never played any borderlands games. Am I in for a treat?

Do you like loot games? Some people complain about the guns feeling like toys, the writing, and characters like Claptrap, but honestly, I adore the series.

I do think the next two games improved on the original substantially, but I just recently replayed it, and while the game is significantly less complex than those two, it does have a decidedly different flavor than those two that I might just enjoy more.

I hope you're playing on the X1. A couple of the DLCs are genuinely great.

im_dany

Never played any borderlands games. Am I in for a treat?

They're really fun coop shooters with a LOT of loot.

IMHO 2>1>Presequel

If you're going to play them alone, I'd rather skip them if I was you because they're not that good without friends.

IMHO 2>1>Presequel

If you're going to play them alone, I'd rather skip them if I was you because they're not that good without friends.

I think they're fine solo. They're just better with friends. I co-oped each with my fiance the first time through, but once I knew everything by heart, going at it alone wasn't a problem at all.

IMHO 2>1>Presequel

very funny and fun game even without friends, i played the first and presequel solo and got no problem with it, the 2 is the best imo and trully better with coop, but great at solo

edit: sorry for the double post =X

Looking forward to Borderlands, but have to clear some of my backlog first (Sherlock Holmes has been unexpectedly fun). Hopefully I'll get around to it before Quantum Break hits.

Next up are "blockbuster games" in April. Any guesses?
https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta/status/710417347480305665

Maybe blockbuster is a clue, maybe we are going to get some block breaking type games like Arkanoid. Man I miss games like that, wish the XB1 would get some.

Scarphace

This might be a dumb question but if I have an Xbox One and I see a game thats a gwg title for the 360 which is bc, e.g. Borderlands, will it still be free for me or is it free exclusively for the 360?

This might be a dumb question but if I have an Xbox One and I see a game thats a gwg title for the 360 which is bc, i.e. Borderlands, will it still be free for me or is it free exclusively for the 360?

it's free for you, too. Right now, unless youre in the XB1 preview program, you would need to either redeem a 360 game through the xbox marketplace website or through an actual 360

if youre in the preview program then you should already have 360 games in the store so you can redeem them directly from your xb1

Scarphace

it's free for you, too. Right now, unless youre in the XB1 preview program, you would need to either redeem a 360 game through the xbox marketplace website or through an actual 360

if youre in the preview program then you should already have 360 games in the store so you can redeem them directly from your xb1

great to know, thank you

terrible

Banned
I knew the rolling felt weird to me coming from Dark Souls 2. Couldn't figure it out since I was half awake, so there it is. Damn fat rolling. :(

When your burden is in the green ("weight" in the inventory screen) you don't quite fat roll I guess but it's still really slow imo. Slower than a medium roll in DS I feel. It seems like it's just easier to wear heavy armor and tank it with a shield than it is to try to dodge attacks.

This LotF is awful. The movement is super slow and clunky ,and the camera is a mess in tight spaces. Also doesn't run that well. At least it was free

jbug617

Banned
Via SteveRulez
https://twitter.com/Steverulez/status/712093000432750592

CeHcz0LXIAEulzf.jpg

Welfare

Wonder if April will be a big month. We had a month where we got 4 Xbox one games right?

Last April gave us the gift that kept on giving, Pool Nation, so yeah April is big.

Joking aside, we got 4 360 games last year

Xbox One - Pool Nation FX
Xbox One - Child of Light

Xbox 360 - Gears of War: Judgment
Xbox 360 - Terraria
Xbox 360 - Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
Xbox 360 - Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel

Maybe we get 4 XB1 games this year, hopefully.

Cranster

Banned
Downloading Borderlands now. I never played them so it works out for me. Actually, it double works out for me as I vowed never to purchase a Gearbox game after Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Flux

Downloading Borderlands now. I never played them so it works out for me. Actually, it double works out for me as I vowed never to purchase a Gearbox game after Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I found that Borderlands (1 and 2 +their DLCs) were by far better than their licensed games. They really put the effort there.

Genio88

Not a word about next month games? they said blockbusters games, pretty curious to see what they've got, even though among replaying Alan Wake on One, Rocket League and especially Quantum Break, April is gonna be a pretty full month for me already

Akai__

Not a word about next month games? they said blockbusters games, pretty curious to see what they've got, even though among replaying Alan Wake on One, Rocket League and especially Quantum Break, April is gonna be a pretty full month for me already

They usually reveal them arround the 27th +/- some days.

Top Bottom