• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

I don't think it's good at all I bought it on release. The combat is really quite bad. It's like AC1. There's no frame break for a dodge. The rest of the game is well-designed sadly. Too bad.

I think sitting eternally in a backlog is a good place for it.

Sioul

Anyone had problems with Hand of Fate? The game isn't saving for me. I got tp the third boss 2 times and when i get back to the game I have to start all over again..

Some people is having saving issues. The game saves after every encounter card, so if you exit the game when you load it back you should be in the last encounter you completed. If you quit during a boss battle, you should be able to load just before you start the fight.

Some people is having saving issues. The game saves after every encounter card, so if you exit the game when you load it back you should be in the last encounter you completed. If you quit during a boss battle, you should be able to load just before you start the fight.

Oh, is that right? I just assumed that if you stop during a hand then you lose everything. Odd.

I don't think it's good at all I bought it on release. The combat is really quite bad. It's like AC1. There's no frame break for a dodge. The rest of the game is well-designed sadly. Too bad.

I think sitting eternally in a backlog is a good place for it.

The combat is definitely the worst part. Very sluggish. Just walking through the maze can be a struggle, not because of treacherous traps, but because the character doesn't react how you tell him. Shame, because I really enjoy the rest of the game. It's a really fun idea.

I did all the line this time and it saved, so from now on I will do the 3 champions in a row.

I'm not about to suggest the comabt in Hand of Fate is fantastic but it's certainly serviceable and I think the overall presentation of the dealer and that whole mystique is handled well enough that it's worth giving a chance.

MMaRsu

Banned
Theres a very awesome 2k publisher sale on 360

civ rev for 5.99

spec ops the line 5.99

bioshock games on sale too

Seems MS has been reading my steam wishlist, they're giving away Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment and Lords of the Fallen for March's GwG.

I suppose i need to read all the Sherlock books to catch up on its lore now

terrible

Banned
Damn it I bought Lords of the Fallen on Steam recently lol. Games with Gold has been pretty consistently better than PS+ for me for a while now. Keep it up MS.

perseus209

Neo Member
No clue, dont have an xbone..but i dont think so

Pretty sure it's not. I don't think they've made any COD games backwards yet (or ever will). Plus they haven't given any COD games out for free through games w/ gold.

EDIT: Sorry about that, looked back and saw that you guys were probably talking about something else.

Chris1

Pretty sure it's not. I don't think they've made any COD games backwards yet (or ever will). Plus they haven't given any COD games out for free through games w/ gold.

EDIT: Sorry about that, looked back and saw that you guys were probably talking about something else.
Black Ops 1 is coming to BC so the rest will probably follow

BigMack

Anyone had problems with Hand of Fate? The game isn't saving for me. I got tp the third boss 2 times and when i get back to the game I have to start all over again..

I got to the halfway point (2 rows of cards in the box complete, 2 more to go) the other day.

Went to play it a couple days later and my progress reset and I had to start with the tutorial again.

Went to play it just now to get back to where I was and it needed a 2.8 GB update. Not sure what it does but I hope it fixes the issue.

malfcn

Best deal on LiVE? I have about 14 days left..never pay full price.

I know we keep 360 games..I just wanted to make sure we didn't lose One games if the sub lapses for a week and you renew.

airborn

Plus they haven't given any COD games out for free through games w/ gold.
Activision hasn't given any games away with Games with Gold.

Square Enix is the third party publisher leading the charge, followed by Ubisoft and Deep Silver. Supreme Commander 2 will be their thirteenth title across Xbox One and Xbox 360.

01DragonFly

I know we keep 360 games..I just wanted to make sure we didn't lose One games if the sub lapses for a week and you renew.

I think CDkeys or try your luck on ebay, I think some amazon sellers have them for 40-50 dollars

CeeSaw

I got a 12 month from CDkeys for around $30 last October. Not sure if the price is still the same as it seems to fluctuate.

Rough month but I'll get Sherlock Holmes. Probably won't bother "purchasing" the others

I get them all, even if I have zero interest in them. I never know if I'll decide on a whim to try out a genre I never play, or a game I heard wasn't so great. It's not like it costs me anything. (I keep a Gold sub going all the time anyway)

Disappointing month, especially on the 360 side.

I don't think Crimes and Punishments would really be for me, and Lords of the Fallen's comparisons to Dark Souls turned me off of it.

Still better than the awful PS Plus lineup

Alchemy

These are pretty decent choices honestly. I'm really excited to finally try Lords of the Fallen considering the publishers keep juggling the price of the game, DLC, and complete editions to keep the prices above the $8 it was supposed to be on sale for like a freaking year ago.

Chris1

Disappointing month, especially on the 360 side.

The 360 ones have been disappointing for a few month, the bc requirement has hurt the 360 gwg imo which is a shame. There's been a few good ones but compared to what was being offered before.. there's a drop in quality.

Understandable as there's not a huge list of BC games in the first place but still pretty disappointing.

Top Bottom