• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

RawNuts

Styx: Master of Shadows is very good; classic stealth style game with plenty of options in large levels. I don't have Hand of Fate though, interested to try that out.

Vitacat

Not much for me this month.

Already have Styx on PS4, and Gears 2 via UE. No interest in Sacred. Guess I'll try Hand of Fate.

Hard to be upset when we got Witcher 2 free the other day. Great game.

Canadian

Hand of Fate looks unique, a mash up between a card game and brawler. Styx looks like a solid stealth game. Both look worth at least trying.

These arent games I wouldn't typically buy but I might still enjoy.

I downloaded Killer Instinct this month and I'm not into fighting games at all but I'm having a blast with it.

jem0208

Huh, seems I won't have to wait for them to send me my Gears collection codes which they still haven't fucking sent me.

Still might try and get a refund.

SURGEdude

Styx is pretty great.

Already have it and Gears, the others don't interest me so it's a wash

Styx: Master of Shadows is very good; classic stealth style game with plenty of options in large levels. I don't have Hand of Fate though, interested to try that out.

Styx is phenomenal. I beat it on PS4 and have no interest in the other games but for stealth fans it's gonna be a great month.

If people wanna know a bit more about it I made a thread a while back when it was a PS Plus game.

Fuchsdh

All games I don't have *shrug* Will be interested to getting to some of them, but I've still got Tomb Raider, Ground Zeroes and Thief on the list :)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Been wanting Hand of Fate, even watched a bit of streaming of it. I don't know where it'll fit in these busy coming weeks of releases, but I'm happy to have it!

Already have Styx on PS+, but I'd probably prefer it on the XB1.

Sacred Citadel is actually not too bad. It's Comic/toon-inspired style is quite well done, and it's combat reads a lot better than Zheroes, as the moves and effects let you know what attack tree you're on much more easily. I also like the use of status effects like poison in the mix of moves.

It has a loot system (which actually shows up visually on the characters, rare for a BEU), and various goals / challenges to go back through the stages to complete.

It can be a bit of a slog, since you should go through stages SO many times to get all rewards and such, but this is comparatively optional; you can beat the story without doing all this stuff. But going through each stage 3+ times can be EXAUSTIVE if you want it to be.

Since I already have the game, I might actually pick up the DLC. It's only $2.00 now (Pretty sure it released at at least 5 or such).

Gears 2 is pretty meh. Woulda preferred a surprise back-compat addition, even if it were something arcade. SO many people got it through the Gears Ult collection...

Special C

Hand of Fate is exceptional guys. Very refreshing and unique. The card part of the game is much better than the brawler part but still fun. It also has the best voice acting you've ever seen in an Indie game.

Y0j1mb0

Hand of Fate is exceptional guys. Very refreshing and unique. The card part of the game is much better than the brawler part but still fun. It also has the best voice acting you've ever seen in an Indie game.

Bought this for the PS4 and agree completely with this. Even bought the DLC as well ( which is also good ).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is Sacred Citadel even worth downloading? I know nothing of it or the Sacred series (this is a series, right?).

I gave my more detailed opinions above. Yeah, it's worth the play, if you actually try to appreciate it for what it is.

The Sacred games are a series, but 3 and Citadel are more like... sarcastic satire games, rather than straight releases in their genre. They have a bit of fun with the expectations of the player base, which either is kind of refreshing, or a bit "try hard", depending on your perspective.

As a person who loves things like the Slayers anime, or Rune Soldier Louie VS Record of Lodoss War, I can appreciate this. But for people who expected their later series games to be by-the-numbers sequels that compare directly to a Diablo or such.. it seemed to be pretty jarring.

Hand of fate is awesome. Just put 4 hours straight into it (it has that one more go quality about it) perfect GWG title.
Everyone should give it at least a chance

MMaRsu

Banned
Does anyone have a spare Gears 1 code that works on 360? Id buy it but if anyone doesnt need it, its the only Gears game I dont have aside from 2 and 3.

Flux

Hand of fate is awesome. Just put 4 hours straight into it (it has that one more go quality about it) perfect GWG title.
Everyone should give it at least a chance

Excited to give it a shot. Started the DL this morning, luckily its not a big game and will be ready when I get home.

Megauap

Does anyone know how to avoid that a game instantly starts downloading when you buy it from the web store? Every time I "purchase" the GWG of the month it just starts downloading on my Xbox One and it fills precious space.

FyreWulff

Does anyone know how to avoid that a game instantly starts downloading when you buy it from the web store? Every time I "purchase" the GWG of the month it just starts downloading on my Xbox One and it fills precious space.

You can't avoid it on 360 either, you just have to manually cancel it

KiraXD

Hands of Fate is freezing at the load screen... deleted the game downloaded again... same thing... getting pretty frustrated actually... ive been wanting to play this game... but cant get past the load screen... anyone else having issues?

Top Bottom