• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Hands of Fate is freezing at the load screen... deleted the game downloaded again... same thing... getting pretty frustrated actually... ive been wanting to play this game... but cant get past the load screen... anyone else having issues?

Perform a hard restart by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds while the system is on. It will reboot and take a while to do so. This sometimes fixes that problem.

That's odd,for the first time I want to get the 360 game but its showing as £15 instead of free.

What am I missing here?

On the left, next to the main picture it says "buy now" with £15, but if you look at the list of purchasable things below the picture, the first entry should be the full game and it shows "gold members 0" or something like that above the £15 price.

Click on that and it should come up with a buy screen, where the cost is listed as 0.

Pjsprojects

On the left, next to the main picture it says "buy now" with £15, but if you look at the list of purchasable things below the picture, the first entry should be the full game and it shows "gold members 0" or something like that above the £15 price.

Click on that and it should come up with a buy screen, where the cost is listed as 0.

Thank you. All sorted.

im_dany

That's true, but I was hoping that setting your account to US would bypass that. Works on the Xbox One for some reason, but not on the Xbox 360 or the webbrowser store.

360 Store is linked to the old account region, meanwhile X1 Store is linked to the region you log into, as you can have multiple billing addresses saved.
They did this to address the problems with people that moved often, since you could only change region once every 3 months and you could lose some of your licenses when moving it.

jbug617

Banned
Rumor for next month. Hand of Fate leaked like this right?
Cbdu-UpUYAEAjm7.png

http://www.icxm.net/x/March-Games-With-Gold-Leak-Feb17-2016.html

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
This is probably the best GwG month for me ever, really enjoyed Hand of Fate and had my eye on Styx for a while.

This is probably the best GwG month for me ever, really enjoyed Hand of Fate and had my eye on Styx for a while.

I want to play and support Styx, but I've heard it's a slow and challenging stealth game so I'll likely get frustrated and bored.

Hands of Fate is the one I'm planning to play. It looks interesting, and is something I was interested in a bit but never enough to spend money.

Akai__

360 Store is linked to the old account region, meanwhile X1 Store is linked to the region you log into, as you can have multiple billing addresses saved.
They did this to address the problems with people that moved often, since you could only change region once every 3 months and you could lose some of your licenses when moving it.

I totally forgot that it was tied to account region on the Xbox 360. Changed the region on the Xbox 360 account and I could download it. Thanks.

If needed, I'll change it back in 3 months again.

I'd really like a Sherlock Holmes game. The kind of thing I'd never normally buy, but give it to me free and I'm sure I could get a good bit of fun out of it.

Unless it's terrible. I don't know!

Vinc

I got Sherlock on PS3 via PS+ a loooong time ago but never played it, I'd gladly play the XOne version instead!

I got Sherlock on PS3 via PS+ a loooong time ago but never played it, I'd gladly play the XOne version instead!

same here, i was interested in it as an adventure game fan and a fan of the Ace Attorney games but everything i read said that the PS3 version ran like ass. Never played it.

I would love to have it on the xb1 as that would stop me from buying it on PC lol

Canadian

How is everyone finding Styx?

I was thinking of picking it up last year but never got around to it. Since it became free I thought I would spend some time with it. So far I'm really enjoying it and highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good stealth game. It's simple in a good way, it doesn't over complicate the game with too many tools but offers plenty of different path ways in the environment for you to find a solution that works for how you want to play.

The lack of a mini map actually helps the game because it requires you to look at the environment and figure out which way through works best, kind of like solving a puzzle. Sneaking up on a guard and pushing him off the tower is satisfying in a devilish way.

It's not a big game budget, but the game play is definitely there. Glad I got to play this, and I'm looking forward to sneaking my way through more levels.

JonnyKong

I'm not a huge fan of stealth games either but I've liked what I've played of Styx so far. I encourage you to at least try it.

I wasn't going to give Styx a try because I don't like stealth games either, but your words may have just convinced me otherwise.

I should do really, or else I pay for my Gold sub for no good reason.

Styx is quality fun. It's a well crafted B-level budget game. We could use more games like it.

same here, i was interested in it as an adventure game fan and a fan of the Ace Attorney games but everything i read said that the PS3 version ran like ass. Never played it.

I would love to have it on the xb1 as that would stop me from buying it on PC lol

Sherlock is an Unreal Engine 3 game, so it ran about as well as anything UE3 does on PS3: Poorly. I bet the X1 version would be great, it was a great looking game even on last ten.

sam777

Rumoured March games:

Xbox One
1st March - 31st March - Crimes and Punishments: Sherlock Holmes
16th March - 15th April - Lords of the Fallen

Xbox360
1st March - 15th March - Supreme Commander 2
16th March - 31st March - Borderlands.

Xumbrega

Banned
Rumoured March games:

Xbox One

Xbox360

Good month if true.

ODDI

Rumoured March games:

Xbox One

Xbox360

Oooohh Borderlands ☺

Rumoured March games:

Xbox One

Xbox360

I would be wayyyyyyy ok with this.

Rumoured March games:

Xbox One

Xbox360

I've just read this on HotUKDeals. Is that you're source too?

My Gold runs out next month. Had no intention of resubbing. Those two One games have pulled me right back in.

Lords of the Fallen is definitely one of those games that i've been tempted by but never bit on. If it really goes free then this will have been one of the better GwG months for me in a while

Wow at LoF. I was so pissed that I missed out on the price glitch for that a while back. I bought SH but never actually played it, man I hate when that happens.

Lords of the Fallen is a fun enough Souls clone. No where near as good obviously but it fills the wait between FS games nicely.

Has some funny glitches but that is part of its charm IMO. I wanted the DLC so I could finish 100% Achievements, but its never on sale.

If true cool enough I guess, but as I've already played it nothing personally to get excited about again. :( I really don't play many games yet they seem to keep managing to pick stuff I've played already lol.

Anyone had problems with Hand of Fate? The game isn't saving for me. I got tp the third boss 2 times and when i get back to the game I have to start all over again..

Top Bottom