• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World for Wii U

Darklord

Banned
Edit 3:
iPzVLDQEGaeoe.gif

Trailer(better quality) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwwjcfgTksU

Developer Direct video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JooUqPF2Lf4

Yes!

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-super-mario-3d-world-revealed-for-wii-u

Edit 2: No online

3D Land style, I'm OK with this.

First multiplayer in 3D Mario (up to 4 players), looks great.

New Cat-suit powerup.

3D Land is my favorite games of recent memory, completing it 100% was an absolute blast, I'm sure this will be awesome.

Although I'd would have loved an epic 3D Mario on the scale of the Galaxy games, hopefully Nintendo will do one later in the Wii U lifecycle.

bryanee

Maybe its because I'm tired but that didn't look all that visually. I was expecting the 3D Mario title to blow my balls off and show what the Wii U can do.

GlamFM

Banned
How the fuck can they call this Super Mario 3D World!

This is not what I want out of a new "world" game.

I liked 3D Land so I'm sure this will be fun to play. But I'm really disappointed in the art style. Really sick of the bland and safe visuals Nintendo seems to love.

I really like that they brough back the 90s designs for the UI, why couldn't they make an effort and try to build on that?

rex

This is a massive disappointment. There’s almost nothing left of the freedom and precision controls introduced so perfectly in Mario 64. Now it’s an essentially 2d, slow playing, unimaginative, lazy mess, with horrible graphics and offensive music. If this is what they came up with, why wasn’t this ready last year? It’s like they put zero effort into what was once their flagship franchise.

I’m just baffled that Nintendo thinks they need to dumb down the 3D Mario series, or shoehorn in a worthless, carbon-copy multiplayer mode lifted straight out of New Super Mario Bros. There’s none of the imagination so brilliantly on display in the two Galaxy games here. Awful

Bgamer90

Banned
What happened to the days in which Nintendo actually put effort into the exclusive games for their major home console?

Look at Mario Galaxy (Wii). That was amazing. Now though? New Super Mario Bros. U & Mario 3D World (3D Land but bigger)? Really?

Some of these "AAA" titles for the Wii U in this conference look to be nothing more than 3DS ports. Disappointing.

And I'm saying this as someone who liked 3D Land. Nintendo needs a unique AAA Mario platforming game for Wii U.

Was so disappointed when they started running the vid, initially thinking it was for 3DS.

This looks like such a step down from Galaxy - I hope this is more of a stop-gap than the main 3D Mario series for Wii U. Do we know which studio is developing it?
Am I the only one who loved the hell out of 3D Land? :|

I loved it to, as a 3DS game. But I was expecting something more of the scale of Galaxy for a Wii U title.

dmr87

Is it just me or do these games come out as lazy compared to the Galaxy games, I mean it looks good but nothing on the scale of a HD Galaxy game. Disappointed.

sajj316

as much as I love 3D Land .. this is disappointing. Would have loved open world Mario. Maybe later ...

Nintendo is loving the re-use of assets across their hardware lineup ...

This is a massive disappointment. There’s almost nothing left of the freedom and precision controls introduced so perfectly in Mario 64. Now it’s an essentially 2d, slow playing, unimaginative, lazy mess, with horrible graphics and offensive music. If this is what they came up with, why wasn’t this ready last year? It’s like they put zero effort into what was once their flagship franchise.

I’m just baffled that Nintendo thinks they need to dumb down the 3D Mario series, or shoehorn in a worthless, carbon-copy multiplayer mode lifted straight out of New Super Mario Bros. There’s none of the imagination so brilliantly on display in the two Galaxy games here. Awful

I think you watched a different game than 99% of the viewing public. Take that outta here lol

boxter432

looks super fun. not what I expected, but looks crazy with 4 players zipping all over the place in tubes, in cat form, climbing jumping, all with mario 2 character differences. awesome

nkarafo

Based on 3D Land?

So, no proper words? Just artificial looking levels made out of shapes?

Disappointing.

Nintendo doesn't want me to buy a WiiU, all I asked for was a Mario64esque game and they give us a sequel to a 3DS mario game... ;(

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
What a disappointment. This wasn't the direction I wanted the 3D Mario games to take at all. I don't even like cats.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 would have sold me on a Wii U tomorrow. As it stands, my 2013 purchase of a Wii U has now been shifted to a 'maybe' for 2014.

Game looks fun, but tbh I thought this one is coming to 3DS until I noticed the hand. As a huge Nintendo fan, I'm really disappointed with their next console Mario installment.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
No thank you, Nintendo! This looked so boring! Donkey Kong, on the other hand...

Oh yay, they are shitting out another Mario game.
What era are these guys living in?

+

I'm so waiting to be wow'd by Nintendo again. I grew up on these guys. But for the past 10 years they've just been regurgitating out the same old shit. The last console of theirs that I've owned was the Gamecube - which is still sitting out in my garage, collecting dust and memories.

R1CHO

They don't even try.

Yo guys, we are throwing this cat suit and 4 players and there... that's that, your 3d Mario for wiiU.

Nice flagship title.

Is this supposed to be inline with Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, etc ... ? Or is this just another Mario cash-in and the big Mario 3D is still coming?

agrajag

Banned
this game looks bland as fuck. As a matter of fact, Nintendo's art style looks bland in all their new games. Serious step back from the SMG series and this is on an HD console...

Top Bottom