• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World for Wii U

R1CHO

They don't even try.

Yo guys, we are throwing this cat suit and 4 players and there... that's that, your 3d Mario for wiiU.

Nice flagship title.

Brinbe

Sorry, but that sucked balls... you didn't buy a Wii U to play a 3DS capable game.

Super Mario Universe? Wasn't that right THERE? They went down from Galaxys into Worlds

Mario Galaxy looks next gen compared to this crap. Wow, Nintendo. If this is how it's going to be from now on, I'm not expecting anything from the next Zelda either. Will probably be nothing more than ALLTP2 in HD.

Zero148

looked really nice imo. You guys are insane, this is the new game from the creators of galaxy, how can anyone seriously doubt its quality and creativity?

watershed

Banned
The least interesting 3d mario Nintendo has ever made.

From Mario 64, to Sunshine, to 2 amazing Galaxy games, to this....

The whole game screams a lack of inspiration or originality. It looks like nothing more than a spruced up 3d Land with multiplayer added.

Has EAD run out of ideas?

They don't even try.

Yo guys, we are throwing this cat suit and 4 players and there... that's that, your 3d Mario for wiiU.

Nice flagship title.

That's the beginning level, it's always basic. Also, we saw how some of the levels were divided up, one had a small Galaxyish feeling to it. We dont know how the rest of the game will pan out. I'm sure we'll see more in future Directs. After seeing how many people didn't like Mario Galaxy, I'm not really surprised over people not liking this title. You just can't please some people.

Galaxy was going to be a hard game to follow up but still I don't love the direction here.

SM3DL was a great game on the 3DS but the actual 3D gameplay with the usually stationary camera made for some very straightforward gameplay. I don't want that returning. It makes everything feel like a 2.5D game. I want open areas and free camera control to approach levels from different directions.

The multiple characters that have different abilities/traits is a problem too in my eyes because the level design has to accommodate all of them vs. NSMB where they are essentially just skins.

Amir0x

Banned
3D Land wasn't my favorite game by a long shot, and this looks considerably less novel than I would have hoped, but I'm still in.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The whining needs to stop.

3D Land was amazing. It looks like we're going to get an even bigger world from that game with more powerups and co-op multiplayer.

I'm hyped.

Celegus

Ouch... this was not what I was expecting in the least. So yes, I was surprised. But not in a good way. I'm sure it'll be fine, but as a follow up to Galaxy... not even close.

Kandinsky

Dude I'm so dissapointed with this, I really was expecting a SM64-2, hell I would even take another kinda boring Galaxy game, this just looks offensive to me, multiplayer bland looking pos.

Uggggh, so disappointed with this. At first I thought it was a 3DS game until I saw the Wii U logo at the end! : /

Disappointment seems to be a re-occurring theme with Nintendo recently. They’re out of ideas and its showing.

m.i.s.

Banned
As others have said, not something you'd buy a Wii U for. Crushingly mediocre and lacking in ambition.

This console is looking more and more like a "pass" to me.

rugioh

Banned
I expected a galaxy followup... disappointing. Donkey Kong/Sonic are looking like better platformers than this atm.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
For those that think this is okay. Think long and hard about what made SM64 and Galaxy great and then reflect on this game.

Nintendo are taking the piss.

jonno394

Uggggh, so disappointed with this. At first I thought it was a 3DS game until I saw the Wii U logo at the end! : /

Disappointment seems to be a re-occurring theme with Nintendo recently. They’re out of ideas and its showing.

The E3 hyperbole is ridiculous

I thought this looked glorious. Had me smiling all the way through.

Was I the only person hoping for an open world game like M64, and a different artstyle? Not something drastically, but an artstyle that doesn't look like every other Mario game for the past what? 5-6 years?

I'm disappointed with Nintendo, especially with the lack of creativity.

Into

A bit odd, it looks like 3D Land from the "Land" portable series, it has World in the title from Super Mario World, yet has characters with abilities from Super Mario Bros 2: USA.

I am sure it will be a fun game, 3D Land was fun, but i can understand the disappointment

kamakazi5

3D Land is my favorite game on 3DS and one of my favorite games this gen but I wish it had stayed on 3DS. I just wanted the full 3D Mario that I expected. I'm honestly more disappointed about this than The Last Guardian not showing up at the PS4 conference.

Mogwai

Wow, that Mario game looks like a fucking piece of a lazy work. What a dissapointment.

I'm almost getting angry now...

hachi

Banned
Looks amazing.

i1ScUSq9PfSNH.jpg

And...

iuVRnZPWpHiEz.jpg

ibtzWIaSMXxE03.jpg

i5TaXVLQDv31k.jpg

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Meh, I expected something more like Galaxy, not 3D Land.

But Cat Mario makes up for it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can't shake the feeling that this is/was a 3DS game and they needed something else to bolster wiiu support. Probably the least I have ever cared for a mario game, even if I'm sure it'll be fun.

Top Bottom