• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dexter Season 8: Don't bother watching the finale. Just smoke crack and go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

ibfLWYpqzBdm1U.gif

So hyped for this. Gonna be a sad summer after this and Breaking Bad ends. All my favorite shows are ending and there isn't really anything new coming out to fill the gaps left by them.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this. I don't think I've ever seen a show go as harshly off the rails as Dexter did during seasons 5 & 6, but I'm glad they got back on track. They've freshened up the formula, and clearly aren't afraid to make drastic measures now that the end is in sight.

My only hope is they don't spend too much time with the "Deb's gone off the rails" storyline.

The trailer I saw gave me a lot of hope that his is going to be good. I hope they can give this series a great ending.

Can't believe it's almost time

So has the first episode "leaked" yet as it usually, magically does(showtime obviously does it for hype/viral marketing)?

No leak yet, but I don't believe it leaked last year either. I think they've stopped doing it. No prescreening like they did a couple of years ago either that I got to go to.

As much as I like Dexter I'm glad this is finally ending, and probably should have 2-3 seasons ago. Trinity Killer was the last decent season they had.

Also if any Michael C Hall fans here haven't seen Six Feet Under I highly recommend it. One of the best shows I've ever seen, and he's better in that than Dexter - which is hard to believe.

It's going to be a blood bath!

Kuroyume

Banned
Hannah was good last season whereas Lumen was unbearable. Hopefully they don't bring Lumen back since it's the final season.

Sucks that they're showing it now though. BB will be done quickly so it won't leave me with anything good to watch since Hannibal and GoT won't return until 2014. Looks like I'm stuck with The Boring Dead for the fall unless something cool comes around. Still need to watch Boardwalk though...

MormaPope

Banned
One weird roller coaster this show. Great first two seasons, okay third season. good fourth season. Then the darkness came and the show was unwatchable for two seasons, then it god good again for the 7th season.

Deku Tree

I love Dexter. I don't like getting into threads like this one, because I fear secrets leaking on the internet and people spoiling things for me.

Hannah was good last season whereas Lumen was unbearable. Hopefully they don't bring Lumen back since it's the final season.

Sucks that they're showing it now though. BB will be done quickly so it won't leave me with anything good to watch since Hannibal and GoT won't return until 2014. Looks like I'm stuck with The Boring Dead for the fall unless something cool comes around. Still need to watch Boardwalk though...

Homeland! Seriously watch it. Awesome show.

yes, watch it...and then stop with after the season 1 finale

Season 2 was still great tv. Just
blew their load kinda early in the season and it turned a little more into 24 and they can go fuck themselves for the daughter storyline
Still looking forward to season 3. Back to Dexter though, I don't think the writers will have the balls to kill off Deb or Dexter, but really one of them should bite it by the end of the season. I'd prefer it be Dexter that lives.

So hyped for this. Gonna be a sad summer after this and Breaking Bad ends. All my favorite shows are ending and there isn't really anything new coming out to fill the gaps left by them.

Yeah, I need some new sociopath antiheroes in the vein of Dex, Walt or Vic Mackey. Hannibal is a good enough show, but it's just a tad too hard to to root for Hannibal. He's a cannibal who kills innocents just to eat them. The other three did horrible things, but had somewhat more justifiable motivations.

Rich!

Episode 12's title....yeah, I think we know how this is gonna end.

either way, there needs to be a spinoff. I propose "The Wacky Adventures of Angel and Masuka". They set up a private detective firm, and solve crimes. However Masuka always gets them into trouble with the ladies

oh the hilarity

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Episode 12's title....yeah, I think we know how this is gonna end.
It's not the real name. Every year someone adds a fake name to IMDb's list. Last year it was Electric Chair. The real name of the series finale is "Remember the Monsters?"

Rich!

Wait so can we expect a Rita cameo?

well going by that evidence, she'll be in a relationship with Lila, who didn't actually die at all.

They will kidnap Dexter and kill him with some pointy sticks. Show end.

no she isn't in s8. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom