• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under The Dome: TV Series |OT| Developed by Brian K. Vaughan - Mondays 10PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

igQ35mfZk1yhI.png

ibfBF9s2HtwSgV.png

iD5gAA21ZyVy3.png

iTL1tRFcLeivO.png

icSwYhXbbkO7l.png

ibaGzoxcnutYcB.png

iPm8Zwi0OBzk2.png

iFPJhKmsi7Uxl.png

iammeiam

Man, I hope this is watchable. I love stories about people trapped together in mysterious circumstances, and the book was decent for the most part. Also (book spoiler)
I find it hilarious that Hank from Breaking Bad is going to be running the town's meth operation.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Brian K Vaughan? Yeah, I'm sold. He has a pretty stellar record of original ideas. Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Runaways, Saga. I'll definitely give this a chance.

zugzug

I like the casting on this I like Mike Vogel from Pan Am, I dream of Britt Robertson. Jeff Fahey is always win. So yeah I'm all in.

sometimes summer tv shows are more fun then September rollouts cuz of the wacky premises. Just like it its fun to watch Big Brother for the first couple episodes then you settle into the obvious and it becomes predictably boring.

Will watch the first ten or so episodes for Britt Robertson and Rachelle. Will bail out before King has time to throw plot structure out the window and shit on paper.

Interesting premise and nice reviews so far, so I'm looking forward to this.

Didn't realize that Jack Bender was involved in this (exec producer and directing episodes 2 and 5, possibly others), very nice.

Holy shit this starts tofuckingMORROW????

Are you JOKING?

I'm pretty excited for this. Read a while back that the show might get multiple seasons depending on popularity, and that the ending might be different from the book. I'll see if I can find it again.

lol uh YEAH. No network will spend
half a christing season watching the last living protagonists slowly choke to death lofl

But god I wish they would.

Chiggs

Gold Member
They had better rework the ending; the book had such a laugh-out-loud climax. I'll never forget what a cop-out King pulled.

Hale-XF11

Read the book when it first came out and loved it. I already have in my head what I thought the characters looked like and I suppose this cast is close enough.

Will watch for Fahey, which is funny cuz I just recently watched The Lawnmower Man and was wondering what he was up to these days.

Hope it's not too cheesy or campy, but previews seemed promising.

TheOddOne

Reviews:

IGN:
And that's what I see here, in Under the Dome. It's a good pilot episode, that really does remind me more of Lost than any other Lost-clone series that tried to instantly capture the serialized, supernatural mystery audience. Vaughan comes from Lost, and so does director Jack Bender, who's on board here as an EP as well. And the show's slow, steady revealing of information, where the audience discovers confounding things right alongside the characters, makes me want to continue on. Plus, for those wanting to cut to the quick here, there's a book. Sure, the show's been tweaked for TV, but you can read the King novel if you'd like faster answers.
Sepinwall :
Aside from a couple of iffy performances, the pilot's executed very well.
USA today:
As for those fears that the final answer will be a let-down, consider this: By my TV calculations, the pleasure provided by the first two hours of It more than compensated for the pain caused by finale. Bad ending and all, I'd watch It again tomorrow.
New York Times:
Under the Dome,” a 13-part CBS mini-series based on the Stephen King novel, gets off to an addictive start on Monday, so much so that it’s hard to imagine any second-episode falloff in viewership. Bite on Part 1 and you’re going to be there for Part 2, or at least the start of it.
Variety:
If it’s like most King adaptations, the payoff seldom equals the build-up, but in the opening salvo, King’s latest “Twilight Zone”-like premise clearly has the potential to get under one’s skin.
HR:
The intriguing Stephen King adaption is filled with storytelling promise.

Media:
- Under the Dome Exclusive Preview (2:32)
- Another preview (1:01)

TheOddOne

Pilot airing today:
Season 1: episode 1 'Pilot'

The townspeople of Chester's Mill discover themselves unexpectedly cut off from the outside world when an invisible dome springs up around the town, sealing them in... with limited food, water, air, and medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom