• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TV Series |OT| Season 2, Paramount+

cormack12

Gold Member

Watch-Halo-tv-Series-Season-2-on-Paramount-Plus.jpg

Rockondevil

First episode had a decent opening but after that it just became mopey MC.
I hope it picks up and I’ll likely go the whole season.

No Kwan Ha drag in the first episode though, so that’s immediately something better.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Watching these live action adaptions of Halo, make me wonder what it would have been like if we had a similar live action version of Mass Effect, hell we've never had a full-feature length movie...(of a big budget level...) but instead there' just been the paperback books, comics etc...but nothing on the scale of a Halo TV series or Mandalorian for that matter....it has the potential to be a modern-day Babylon 5....(which for me is an-all time great..)

Codes 208

Ive been hearing its marginally better than s1 so far so thats good news I suppose. The real halo tv series starts now
Prob should suffer through season 01 first, but yeah at least from trailers season 02 looks much better
The only thing you need to know is that it sets up the story for the fall of reach. And you get to see chief’s ass and face more times than every other media combined.

There, i just saved you the agony of watching that pos first season.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Watched the first episode and ok, it was good. Not great thou
- starts with real Halo combat stuff. Shows even the hookshot! There's injuries for the whole people in a planet and Master Chief is catching that the Covenants are doing some kind of a trial before something
- Dr Halsey is still locked in some place, so captain Keyes just introduces to the new boss and he sounds like is going to be an asshole
- Soren is after Dr Halsey... and this plot just sucks from the start

Last edited:

Lolofonek

Neo Member
I have question, please spoil it for me.
I hated that Cortana puppeteered Chief's body in S1 finale, it took the victory credit from him and what is even the point of super soldiers if their most effective state is to become flesh puppet? Just make robots no? Are they rolling with that/doubling down on it?

Del_X

Kwan is less annoying. Since they're keeping her around my guess is her spirit journey/getting high thing from Season 1 will tie into the precursors or flood later and maybe that's fine. Just don't focus on her too much.

Pacing is good, so far. Pretty confident there's going to be a lot of action and momentum since there's 8 episodes and we have to still see first contact with the covenant, them making some stuff go boom, chief getting back to sword base to defend/protect the artifact and get Halsey, some wider-scale battle, then obviously getting to Halo in the final episode. All that has to happen inside 6 episodes and we have all the Soren stuff which needs to tie back into the main plot.

I have question, please spoil it for me.
I hated that Cortana puppeteered Chief's body in S1 finale, it took the victory credit from him and what is even the point of super soldiers if their most effective state is to become flesh puppet? Just make robots no? Are they rolling with that/doubling down on it?
Doesn't seem like it.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Kwan is less annoying. Since they're keeping her around my guess is her spirit journey/getting high thing from Season 1 will tie into the precursors or flood later and maybe that's fine. Just don't focus on her too much.

Pacing is good, so far. Pretty confident there's going to be a lot of action and momentum since there's 8 episodes and we have to still see first contact with the covenant, them making some stuff go boom, chief getting back to sword base to defend/protect the artifact and get Halsey, some wider-scale battle, then obviously getting to Halo in the final episode. All that has to happen inside 6 episodes and we have all the Soren stuff which needs to tie back into the main plot.

Doesn't seem like it.
She got yanked. Perhaps an opportunity to get closer to canon and have her sit in an updated MJOLNIR armor (just like canon) that houses her in between the suit and a neural lace before he leaves for Halo at the end of S2 when Reach falls.

Del_X

She got yanked. Perhaps an opportunity to get closer to canon and have her sit in an updated MJOLNIR armor (just like canon) that houses her in between the suit and a neural lace before he leaves for Halo at the end of S2 when Reach falls.

Yeah good point - would be cool if they give Chief a new suit right before they board the Pillar of Autumn. I like the Ackerson actor but I'm not quite sure what he's trying to do knowing Reach is fucked and what his plan is to minimize casualties and not just seem like an asshole.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Episode 2 is less good than episode 1, but still fine. It has some Spartan training and stuff
- introduced a lot of other plots that not a single person will care
- ...like Kwan getting back, and like the first season, chances are that won't affect a single thing in the main plot of the show
- humans now can do some magic healing shit now?
- asshole new boss is an asshole because
- Cortana looks different now for some reason

Wimbledon

The first 16 minutes of EP1 were legendary, after that, it went downhill.

When the focus is on the silver team and the dynamics of the members I like that a lot. The actor who plays Ackerson does a great job , that how I pictured him the problem though is that i feel like there creating artificial drama for nothing especially.....

The part with the Cobalt team, why wouldn't you tell them what they're walking into, Ackerson is ambitious but he's not an idiot he would want to eliminate all uncertainty. Also Cobalt team and how they wrote i wasn't a fan of that, I get that maybe the average viewer would look at them like oh that military bravado back and forth. But they came across like Spartan 4s , Spartan 2's dont act like this. There are moments when they kid around but most of the time very together not antagonistic spartan 2's come across very alien not too much emotion which i think is displayed well amongst silver team.

I don't care about the subplots at the Rubble,
[SPOILER="I don't care about Kwan, I would like if Makee stayed dead but they to bring two back

All these different subplots that don't matter, bouncing between them like this is Game of Thrones is so dumb. I would rather follow the silver team, and someone like Thomas Laskey from Halo 4 like someone whose in leadership or an ODST team. All this other stuff that they are adding just doesn't matter.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

The opening of this season with his helmet on was solid, even had the subtle little movements that show some emotion while keeping him masked

Then as soon as it comes off, he goes from Master Chef to Mister Cheeks again

LordOfChaos

Yeah again, the mask on parts have started to feel very Halo, the intro reminded me of the moody one of this. When the mask comes off, it's...Different. I don't want to join any bullying or harassment of the actor, but imo his opinion is wrong, all the mask on parts this season have been 10x better than the rest

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hopefully we see aliens, elites, brutes, grunts, prophets, hunters, promethean enemies, knights, lancers, commanders, crawlers etc.

hierophant+wide.png

Season 2 is off to a good start.

Hibs

Shit, I'm actually enjoying this season.
I guess Kai bounced out with Ackerson for that promotion
What a chump.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I find Soren's relationship with Halsey interesting. I don't know why I didn't make the connection that his wife in her personality and looks is likely a stand in for Halsey. He's not angry at her. It's like a part of him misses being in her presence, but he would never admit it.

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I actually don't hate the CGI covenant. Doesn't look cheap but doesn't look amazing either.

The fight choreography is really good.

clarky

Gold Member
Do i need to suffer through season 1 to pick this up?

I watched a couple of episodes of season 1 and dropped it, sounds like they might have turned it around somewhat.

Top Bottom