• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TV Series |OT| Season 2, Paramount+

Romulus

Gonna wait until they do an action cut where AI can keep MC's helmet on through the entire show and remove all the weird scenes

Ironbunny

Fourth episode was absolute fire for a tv series, don't know how this isn't being discussed more.

Because its not good. Its still as bad as the first season. It keeps focusing on characters that are of no interest and the side plot is ass. Plus it has all the Apple HR inclusivity bingos...just because.

Cyberpunkd

I heard in this show MC takes off his helmet and has sex.

kill me now how i met your mother GIF

kriolo

this show is not focused on fans... the fight in episode 4 without the suits? WTF i understand the ability to show John as a "human" and vulnerable,and enhance the danger threated by the covenant.. but please!!!! you have a great fanbase don't waste it

Mister Wolf

this show is not focused on fans... the fight in episode 4 without the suits? WTF i understand the ability to show John as a "human" and vulnerable,and enhance the danger threated by the covenant.. but please!!!! you have a great fanbase don't waste it

It's doing fine without you fans that aren't happy with it.

kriolo

Mattyp

Gold Member
Because its not good. Its still as bad as the first season. It keeps focusing on characters that are of no interest and the side plot is ass. Plus it has all the Apple HR inclusivity bingos...just because.

What inclusivity bingos have you played Reach?

Muhhhhb helmet.

cormack12

Gold Member
New episode. Why does Cortana look like an even uglier Arya Stark?

Parangonsky is an evil fuck. Halsey is still hot. Actually glad Miranda is back. Not sure I liked the heel turn from Kai. Just find it a bit unbelievable only to rebel against Ackerson anyway.

Wasn't a fan of Chief doing a Bourne Legacy impression and I was so disappointed when the door didn't reveal his armour but the keystones

cormack12

Gold Member
Hmmm, wasn't a huge fan of this episode. Feel it's gone a bit backwards. All the magic and stuff seems out of place right now.

The second heel turn of Kai and the soldiers sent to kill MC as well. Not a fan of all this RPG style party with everyone playing a part either.

Halsey, Cortana and Master Chief are the centrepiece of everything and they are just bit parts at the moment.

It's so frustrating to see a good show rear it's head every now and again then sabotage itself. And it ends on such a hype fucking part too. Can't make my mind up on this

SScorpio

Hmmm, wasn't a huge fan of this episode. Feel it's gone a bit backwards. All the magic and stuff seems out of place right now.

The second heel turn of Kai and the soldiers sent to kill MC as well. Not a fan of all this RPG style party with everyone playing a part either.

Halsey, Cortana and Master Chief are the centrepiece of everything and they are just bit parts at the moment.

It's so frustrating to see a good show rear it's head every now and again then sabotage itself. And it ends on such a hype fucking part too. Can't make my mind up on this
It is nice that they finally put Chief back in the armor. You know one of the most iconic parts of the games.

The outfit he was in without it looked way to Mass Effect for me. I also loved the going through the list naming off spartans and you get what sound like a bunch of call signs, and then it's just John. Yep, John Halo of the famous Halo game series.

LordOfChaos

Some unexpected fatalities this episode, this is all still taking place very early in the Halo story. Parangosky...Halsey on ice but they're probably going to revert that one. Why did what's her face not stop the fight between MC and the Arbiter? I guess this Arbiter had to die anyways, I wonder if we see ol Thel 'Vadam next season. Are Qwon's ancestors supposed to be Ancient Humanity?

Doing some strange things with the timelines, I think if I wasn't already aware of a lot of the lore I'd be hella confused watching this show and have to make some of my own assumptions to not be, but I do think there's glimmers of potential especially in the fight scenes and this season has been better than the last, hopefully it just keeps getting better.

It's doing fine without you fans that aren't happy with it.
It could have done so much better by keeping the fans happy as well. Just because it's doing ok doesn't always mean it couldn't have done better. I refuse to watch this dumpster fire.

Laptop1991

I watched them all over the past couple of weeks and i've only just started playing the games so i'm not biased, and the good bits are few and far between, characters i just don't like who add nothing, unrealistic plot lines that make no sense in that world, over the top morality and crying most of the time lol , and not much Master Chief really, the battles are good now and then, but don't happen much and some of the baddies that become goodies for no reason are like pantomine villians lol, they get out of every situation and turn up like bad pennies lol, bad writing basically, the games must be better, they can't be worse.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Also the flood reveal scene with the happy music was excellent
Oh definitely. And Parangosky got what she deserved, and I noticed that the infection form trying to leave that officer’s mouth looked like the mini infection form from the animated comic The Mona Lisa

I suspect that Parangosky is going to act as the fill-in for Keyes regarding the proto-gravemind

Havoc2049

I just started binging this and I'm about half way through Season 2. Show is still garbage. The storyline in this show is complete trash compared to the great story in The Fall of Reach book and Reach the video game. I don't like the ONI hates the Master Chief and Halsey, the Master Chief hates Halsey and Cortana storyline. Halsey is also weak, gimped and out of the ONI/UNSC Intel loop in the show, so basically the complete opposite of the real Halsey.

A big lol at the manually updated mission board on Reach, like it's a score board from a 1950's sporting event or a mission board during WWII.

Also, a big lol at the ex-Spartan turned pirate, who is about an inch taller than Halsey. Great casting.

The highlight for me was seeing the Commodore 64C computer in that crazy lady hoarder old-tech museum connected to the sewer system.

cormack12

Gold Member
just-when-i-thought-i-was-out.gif

Good ending to the series, I think we may have finally waded through an uneven setup to Halo CE but the show is ending on an up. We have the flood, the halo and the Covenant now. Cortana back with chief.

The other Spartan and feeling tablets are gone - though Kai might deice like the game intros. I think this is the recovery season. Kwan plot armour is annoying. Buy I think they've got the crap in season 1 to a correction point and they've actually done a decent job given they tried to do it in show. I can respect that and give them leeway on the lows that were necessary.

The only think I properly disagree with is Halsey ending - think this has been done only to advance Miranda's standing. Sorens wife felt a little cruel as well.

They really need to nail the next season.

Top Bottom