• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Pikmin 3 on eShop, get 30% off The Wonderful 101! (EU-only)

W101 is £34.99 on amazon, Pikmin 3 is £31.99.

Doubt many will be going the eshop route, unless the eshop prices are lower then usual

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I hope they do this in North America. I would go for that deal.

Me too. Cross promotions for games that aren't super-sellers are pretty smart. The Fire Emblem / SMT one for 3DS seems like a success so far. This kind off stuff will make me convert to digital for Wii U.

Kouriozan

So you get 10% off of each games with the Nintendo Network Premium and W101 is 30% cheaper if you bought Pikmin 3 on eShop.
Wow.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Goood, with the Premium 10% promotion that's a nice deal.

That's a good way to start promoting The Wonderful 101 BTW.

zroid

Banned
I wouldn't want to buy these on the eShop, but for digital fans, this seems like a sweet deal, especially in combination with the Digital Deluxe Promotion.

I don't like digital, only physical. Don't feel the need to have to buy a harddrive when years down the line won't be able to access my old games.

The key thing here - for me anyway - is not so much that this is a massive saving, but that it helps expose W101 to more people and lowers the barrier of entry just a bit more. It's also smart tying it to Pikmin 3, as the two games share some similarities and each would probably appeal to the buyers of the other.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The key thing here - for me anyway - is not so much that this is a massive saving, but that it helps expose W101 to more people and lowers the barrier of entry just a bit more. It's also smart tying it to Pikmin 3, as the two games share some similarities and each would probably appeal to the buyers of the other.

well, with the premium promotion too, I think it's a good deal also in terms of saving.
too bad I love both Pikmin and W101 boxart.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see Platinum getting some promotion. Shame that both, Pikmin and W101 have to be bought digitally. I'll probably stick with my retail Pre-Orders.

I'd say good but knowing Nintendos eShop pricing scheme it won't be close to worth it.

Now, if they were doing a 30% credit bonus to people who bought both including retail versions (Like NoA is with Fire Emblem/ SMT4), then that would put W101 in a low enough price point for me to care enough to buy it despite my currently huge backlog.

As it is, I can wait.

JoeM86

I'm assuming you could get the download code for Pikmin from GAME, which will be like £5 cheaper as it usually is, and still get the 30% off too.

Tying W101 in with Nintendo's biggest home console release until December is a great, great move.

Not a fan of Zelda?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
between the 10% deluxe promotion and 30% off I would strongly consider this. If both games are going to be $60 each that takes them effectively down to $45 each. Considering both are published by Nintendo, I don't see those dropping to those prices any time soon except for a flash sale here and there. Talking about NA fwiw, where we don't have ANY really good pre-order deals for either game.

scitek

Don't do this in America. I don't want to buy any games on your eShop until you fix the account system, Nintendo! But I'm weak...

Shahadan

W101 is £34.99 on amazon, Pikmin 3 is £31.99.

Doubt many will be going the eshop route, unless the eshop prices are lower then usual

Well here on amazon it's still 46-49 euros each, so eshop offer is attractive. I could buy them from amzon.uk and pay less, but I'd have to wait at least another week to get them.
Dilemmaaaaa.
I loved the box arts.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
between the 10% deluxe promotion and 30% off I would strongly consider this. If both games are going to be $60 each that takes them effectively down to $45 each. Considering both are published by Nintendo, I don't see those dropping to those prices any time soon except for a flash sale here and there. Talking about NA fwiw, where we don't have ANY really good pre-order deals for either game.

For real. NOA needs to follow suit and continue this trend. The 3DS sales digital sales have been pretty good and even without a real account option, I don't regret going entirely digital. Would love a reason to do this for Wii U as well.

Shahadan

Don't do this in America. I don't want to buy any games on your eShop until you fix the account system, Nintendo! But I'm weak...

I can get why on 3DS, but for wii u I must be missing something. It's a home console, the chances you lose it are slim and if someone breaks into your house and somehow consider stealing your Wii U on top of far more valuable items, you'd have to file a police report anyway.
And in that last case it's more likely retail games would also be stolen, so digital would be an "easy" way to get them back.

JoeM86

Basically

If you get both on ShopTo, they're £33 each. That's £66

GAME currently has the game for pre-order at £34.99. Assuming the download code will be that, that's £5 less than on the eShop, but £2 more than ShopTo

Then, assuming Wonderful 101 is £39.99 on the eShop, that'll be marked down to £28 with the 30% discount.

Total of £62.99.

Plus, you'll get more than 500 points back, so that's an extra £5 for you later. I'd say it's worth it

What are the expected prices in euros on the eShop? Are you guys really sure it'll be cheaper than Amazon? Taking into account both Premium & W101 -30% offer:

60+60-18-12 = 90 €

Fantastical

Death Prophet
They should have done a compounding discount thing for all their games. Don't they have a game a month coming out? If you buy Pikmin you get 15% off W101, if you buy W101 you get 30% off Wii U Party. If you buy Wii Party U you get 40% off DK. If you buy DK you get 50% off Super Mario 3D World. But you have to start with Pikmin and you can't miss a game.

Shahadan

What are the expected prices in euros on the eShop? Are you guys really sure it'll be cheaper than Amazon? Taking into account both Premium & W101 -30% offer:

60+60-18-12 = 90 €

Pikmin 3 and W101 (and all new nintendo Wii U releases from now on apparently) are 49,99€ at retail, so most likely at the same price on eshop

Top Bottom