• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Pikmin 3 on eShop, get 30% off The Wonderful 101! (EU-only)

LAA

So you get 10% off of each games with the Nintendo Network Premium and W101 is 30% cheaper if you bought Pikmin 3 on eShop.
Wow.

10% off?
Don't you just get 8 points per £1 you pay at eshop then when you get 500 points, you get like a £5 voucher?
Buying pikmin 3 would get you around 312 points, and I need 342 points for the next £5 voucher annoyingly.

Shahadan

10% off?
Don't you just get 8 points per £1 you pay at eshop then when you get 500 points, you get like a £5 voucher?
Buying pikmin 3 would get you around 312 points, and I need 342 points for the next £5 voucher annoyingly.

Edit : Misread :lol: nevermind buy a small eshop title!

Kerub

Banned
Hm, I already have Tekken downloaded on my deluxe edition. So I don't think I will have room for these two.

Then, assuming Wonderful 101 is £39.99 on the eShop, that'll be marked down to £28 with the 30% discount.

Total of £62.99.

Plus, you'll get more than 500 points back, so that's an extra £5 for you later. I'd say it's worth it

Assuming it'll be £40 is a big assumption. It could be anywhere from £35 to £55 based on previous eshop games.
Still, if Pikmin 3 is enough to push you over the 500pts barrier based on your previous purchases, you could always use the extra from that towards W101 making it even cheaper.

But has anyone bought download codes to confirm you actually get nintendo premium points on them? (I have no idea)

JoeM86

Assuming it'll be £40 is a big assumption. It could be anywhere from £35 to £55 based on previous eshop games.
Still, if Pikmin 3 is enough to push you over the 500pts barrier based on your previous purchases, you could always use the extra from that towards W101 making it even cheaper.

But has anyone bought download codes to confirm you actually get nintendo premium points on them? (I have no idea)

Well I read that Pikmin is being put up for €49.99 which would put it at £39.99 here. Edit: Yep, just checked and it says £39.99 on the eShop

You do get premium points when you use download codes

Caelestis

I am on a fence about both games and planning on waiting out on them. This deal would have definitely sold them both to me, but too bad they don't have it for NA.

Zafir

I dunno, considering most games on the Wii U eshop are about £55, I'm not sure this deal makes it cheaper.

I make it out to be £93.5 with £9.35 cashback. Considering most places have the games for around £35, not really a bargain. Course they may finally come to their senses and charge reasonable prices.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I dunno, considering most games on the Wii U eshop are about £55, I'm not sure this deal makes it cheaper.

I make it out to be £93.5 with £9.35 cashback. Considering most places have the games for around £35, not really a bargain. Course they may finally come to their senses and charge reasonable prices.

Pikmin 3 is £39.99 on the eShop, and GAME will probably sell codes for £35.

impact

Banned
Damn, if it was US too I might actually consider getting Pikmin since I'm already 101% positive I'm getting TW101 at full price anyway. I'm not expecting anything from NoA though.

F#A#Oo

Banned
NoA sucks...lol

After so many years of Nintendo Europe sucking it seems the poor management at NoA is showing in recent years. No wonder Iwata had to name himself boss over there. Shambolic stuff.

Siegmeyer

I'd be all over this if it weren't for the fact that Nintendo made it really hard to go the digital route by having such a miniscule hard drive, even on the deluxe version.

Nice news, this may help hopefully W101 sales, incidentally I would like to know what Kamiya thinks about this move now, it sounds as a good start.

hiro4

Hmmmm already have both preordered but this is quite a good deal when combined with the premium deal.

Decisions decisions.

NeoRausch

I wanted both of those boxes...

ah well, that's that. gonna buy digital and maybe low price boxes later.

nice work NOE!

edit:

shit,I forgot the premium deal.... that seals the deal.

Portman

While I applaud them for doing this (it's a great way to get digital sales to increase), why do it for only one region?

Hopefully they will offer this in NA too, I would glady take that off. And if they're counting the "early access" from GameStop as an equivalent, that's pathetic.

Edit: after seeing the post above mine, if that deal is only here then I feel like an ass since the exclusive deals are evenly spread out.

Eusis

You guys have the SMTIV/Fire Emblem Awakening deal.
Huh, come to think of it since I'd probably spend the credit (well, 2/3rds of it) on Pikmin 3 anyway I guess it kind of events out anyway, moreso in our favor actually if Earthbound didn't run off with a third of that. Would've been nice to go for an absurd stacking though.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is a great promotion for me! Anyhow I buy everything digitally (for the comfort). Pikmin 3 is £39.99 on the UK eshop, probably W101 will be the same. So that means £67 together and 640 points for DDP ( so £6.4). A very nice price for 2 brilliant games.

digital with nintendo is a risky proposition, no?
Considering that Nintendo was the only company to make their digital games transfer to the next gen, it seems less risky in that perspective. What sucks is the no account system making it a bother if your console fets stolen.

I was on the fence on wether to buy Pikmin digital or not, this seals the deal for me. And perhaps they will get +1 on W101 as I hadn't really planned to get that.

zroid

Banned
digital with nintendo is a risky proposition, no?

Less risky on Wii U than 3DS. No chance of losing your Wii U really, unless your home is broken into. If you lose your 3DS you have to buy a new system and file a police report for the stolen item (can be a big hassle). If either system malfunctions, then you send it to Nintendo for repairs, which is probably what you would've done anyway. Even if they send a replacement rather than fix it, they will restore the games you owned.

America here, but not interested.

I don't think I want W101 (rather spend money on my 3DS backlog) and Pikmin is a retail purchase, I'll probably sell it a few weeks after the release date since Nintendo decided to make the multi player mode local only. :)

Chao

Buying these games at amazon would cost me only 2 extra euros, I guess that's a fair price for two nice cases and cover art.

gogogow

Don't do this in America. I don't want to buy any games on your eShop until you fix the account system, Nintendo! But I'm weak...

A lot of people are saying something similar, but did Nintendo ever say, even in the slightest that there will be a account system that isn't tied to the HW in the future?\

Deal is nice, but imo it's not necessary to have all the games in one place on a console. Now, on a handheld, that's something I would consider. Switching cartridges/UMD's is just annoying.

Goodlife

Probably been covered in various other threads, but are you supposed to get a code for the 30% W101 discount or does it just automatically get deducted when you buy W101?

Downloaded Pikmin 3 last night, didn't have any confirmation that I got the deal.

Probably been covered in various other threads, but are you supposed to get a code for the 30% W101 discount or does it just automatically get deducted when you buy W101?

Downloaded Pikmin 3 last night, didn't have any confirmation that I got the deal.

It's probably an automatic deal, just like when you pay much less for VC games you already own on Wii (if you transferred them of course). Or the deal for getting Metroid for cheap if you already bought Kid Icarus or vice versa.

Top Bottom