• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Below is a timed exclusive

Ran rp

http://www.capybaragames.com/2013/08/pause/

Hey folks! It might seem like ages ago, but E3 was crazy for us. Phil Spencer walked out on stage at Microsoft’s press conference in a Capy shirt and introduced a teaser trailer for our newest game, BELOW. Later that week we showed another trailer for Below as a part of HORIZON (which was the greatest). The reaction from fans, press and colleagues was amazing – we’re so glad that you’re all as excited about Below as we are.

However, because of the way the game was announced & discussed in the press, there was naturally a little bit of confusion after the dust settled. And that confusion stuck around. So, to clear things up, we wanted to take a quick second and answer your number one question:

Like many games on stage at E3, Below will be available on the Xbox One first. Then, after a period of time, CAPY can bring it elsewhere. It’s always been this way.

Hell yeah!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
6 months I'm guessing.
Do we have a history of how long Microsoft has been doing their things?

CBoaT said 1 year for Titanfall, maybe that's their usual time going forward. Just like 6 months is the Sony Pub Fund time. (Everyone by Guacamelee!)

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Hahaha!! MS' times exclusives are so lame, and they aren't any incentive for me to buy their system (I always had a 360 so I've never known how I'd feel about this). Glad I'll eventually be able to play this, looks awesome, I don't mind waiting.

Toki767

I only guessed 6 months because that's how long it was for Skulls of the Shogun, which is probably a better comparison than Titanfall.

benny_a

Hahaha!! MS' times exclusives are so lame, and they aren't any incentive for me to buy their system (I always had a 360 so I've never known how I'd feel about this). Glad I'll eventually be able to play this, looks awesome, I don't mind waiting.
Titanfall is not lame.

B.O.O.M

Best case 6months worst case 1 year I guess. I guess from the announced third party titles only Dead Rising 3 is exclusive (and sunset overdrive, if Insomniac owns the IP)

shem935

Banned
Excellent news. Heard people saying Cboat said something about titanfall being a timed exclusive....anyone have a link?

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I imagine near enough every indie game will be timed exclusive only. There really is no reason to restrict games when PC, XB1 and PS4 are so similar. Just leaving money on the table.

how the title of the game corresponds to the OP title is just beautiful... sniff I might just cry

anyway I expected that as much as I expected the same from indies on Sony's side especially with MS new indie stance... Indies can't just leave the other markets untouched

benny_a

I hear people post great things about the game and I don't even know what it is. For the lazy can someone post a gif?
nethack.gif

Top Bottom