• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga APPLAUSE Lead single from ARTPOP [OUT NOW. QUEEN HAS RETURNED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

WnKXSGe.png

Welcome GagaGAF! It's been a very, very long time.

Title: Applause
Producer: DJ White Shadow, Lady Gaga
Release: NOW
Album: ARTPOP​

PURCHASE APPLAUSE on iTunes

LISTEN TO APPLAUSE: -
Note that inactive links will appear greyed out

tUUxF63.png
Links Last Updated: 13th August 2013

DOWNLOAD THE "ARTPOP" APP: -
Simply click to be directed to your local digital store (when the app launches) to download the free ARTPOP app.
APP RELEASING 19th AUGUST 2013

2cCiDq3.png
8Fy4eqz.png

Previously on GagaGAF: Born This Way [Single] Hype Thread || Judas Hype Thread || Born This Way [Album] |OT|

JZZ00yD.png

Applause is the name of a song written in 2012 by Lady Gaga and her long time collaborator, DJ White Shadow.
DJ White Shadow has previously worked with Lady Gaga on her previous album, Born This Way

The song will serve as the lead single from her fourth upcoming album, ARTPOP.

The song is written and produced by both Lady Gaga herself and DJ White Shadow (real name Paul Blair).

DJ White Shadow served as producer on the following songs previously:

Black Jesus † Amen Fashion
Bloody Mary
Electric Chapel
Government Hooker
Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
CAKE Like Lady Gaga

The song can be purchased through the usual vendors, and a "placeholder" application for the ARTPOP
project can also be downloaded on the day to both iOS and Android devices.

The song will be performed at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.

There is a lot of hype building around this performance as arguably one of her most defining performances as
well as another slightly more polarising performance piece were performed at previous Video Music Award ceremonies.​

44J7HcP.jpg

The single cover was shot by dutch fashion photographers Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin.

It has been confirmed to have been lifted directly from the music video.

The cover is [potentially] the first in a series in which Gaga becomes "every icon".

Therefore, the Applause single cover can be interpreted as Gaga as the sad clown, Pierrot.​

9SZo7FU.png

b7YXvyM.jpg

VIDEO RELEASING 19th AUGUST 2013

Much to the pleasure of some fans, Gaga will not be directing.

Instead, Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, who shot most promotional material for the album, will direct and shoot.

Their previous works include:
Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2013 Collection Ad Campaign,
Dior's SECRET GARDEN Advertisement
Nina Ricci Fall/Winter 2012 Collection Ad Campaign

The duo have filmed with the same camera that was used to film Prometheus, Fincher's Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network and The Hobbit.​

58m1JII.png

And there we have it! As a huge Gaga fan, I'm pretty excited to her what her and her team have put together after such a long wait.

As with any thread on NeoGAF about a pop star, there's bound to be some criticisms and discussions.

But if all you can contribute is "SHE STILL HAS A PENIS LOL" then I suggest you move into 2013 and leave 2009 alone.

Enjoy the music!

The Lamp

Watching this woman devolve into a more and more self-indulgent and shock-factor artist over the years has been my favorite recent descent into madness of the music industry. I hope her music videos for this new album and single are even more disturbing and freakshowish than ever before.

Kisaya

Please be good :(

Love the single cover *___*

edit: Wait this is produced by the same guy who did her Born This Way stuff? ugggh....

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I live for the Applause, Applause, Applause
I live for the Applause-plause, live for the Applause plause

So damn catchy

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Artpop is a dumb name. But Born This Way has the dumbest cover ever. SO WHO KNOWS?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
REALLY like that snippet. And wasn't expecting to.

Hmmm. Don't call it a comeback?

Also - tickled that she's playing with the word 'kunst' (?) - me and a friend were just doing that, reminiscing about German lessons. Silly, maybe slightly obvious, yes, but still tickled.

Alrus

I'm so hyped, the verses might be mediocre but as long as the chorus is good I don't give a shit tbh.

That snippet is awful in terms of quality but the chorus sounds really great. I really need the full song now *.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom