• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony X Indies (PS4/Vita list)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/20/gamescom-indie-avalanche-n-volume-hotline-miami-2/
All revealed at Gamescom.

PS4
Assault Android Cactus (Witch Beam)
Fez (Polytron Corporation)
Final Horizon (Eiconic Games)
Guns of Icarus Online (Muse Games)
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital)
N++ (Metanet)
Rogue Legacy (Cellar Door Games)
Samurai Gunn (Teknopants)
Starbound (Chucklefish)
Switch Galaxy Ultra (Atomicom)
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis)
Velocity 2X (FuturLab)
Volume (Mike Bithell)
Wasteland Kings (Vlambeer)

Vita
Age of Zombies (BlitWorks/Halfbrick)
A-Men 2 (Bloober Team)
Assault Android Cactus (Witch Beam)
Avoid Droid (Infinite State Games)
Broken Sword: the Serpent’s Curse (Revolution Software)
Eufloria HD (Omni Systems)
Final Horizon (Eiconic Games)
Flame Over (Laughing Jackal)
Gravity Crash Ultra (Just Add Water)
Gunslugs (Abstraction Games)
Joe Danger 1 (Hello Games)
Joe Danger 2 (Hello Games)
Kick & Fennick (Green Hill Studios)
Samurai Gunn (Teknopants)
Supermagical (Tama Games)
Switch Galaxy Ultra (Atomicom)
Table Top Racing (Ripstone)
Velocity 2X (FuturLab)
Volume (Mike Bithell)
Wasteland Kings (Vlambeer)

+ Starbound, Murasaki Baby, Terraria, Minecraft etc

Indie avalanche indeed!
Are you happy they're embracing the indies so much?

Corto

The tier 1 list for me are Fez, Rogue Legacy, N fucking ++, Velocity 2x, Volume and Wasteland Kings. Pretty wonderful list of games. All will be day one.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Broken Sword: the Serpent’s Curse

Really? Nice! I mean, I'm playing it on PC, but it would be nice to see more point and click adventures make a home for themselves on the Vita. I think it could be a good platform for them.

Tizoc

You should also add Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee HD even though it was announced a long time ago, unless this is primarily for Gamescom announcements?

Platy

Are you happy they're embracing the indies so much?

I am happy that there are lots of indies coming to the vita and ps3... but I am not feeling the way Sony (and microsoft) is "embracing" indies.

First, they are shown like some kind of special group of games to atract hipsters, and not actual games like every other

And second, look at this list, they don't want TRUE INDIES, they want proven indies that sell =P
Starbound, Fez, Rogue Legacy, Minecraft, Hotline Miami 2, Binding of Isaac... it is VERY EASY to acept those indies to your console.

You should also add Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee HD even though it was announced a long time ago, unless this is primarily for Gamescom announcements?

The list is just for games announced(?) or shown off at Gamescom, I think.

edit: doh, shoulda refreshed

Danlord

So happy to see 'Fez' and 'Joe Danger' getting Vita support, as well as 'Minecraft'. Will look gorgeous on the display, no doubt and I am a very happy Vita owner and was definitely a good showing today for the platform combined with price-reductions in both the platform and memory cards.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Starbound announcement was fantastic. So glad that's coming sooner rather than later.

So many of these are titles are of interest to me, plus all the previously announced indies.

sunnz

Joe Danger 2 (Hello Games)
Minecraft
Spelunky
Murasaki Baby

These are all DEFIANTLY day 1 for me on the VITA ( with Terraria, fifa 14 and KZ:M too)
I understand most are on the PC already, but I just can't play them on the PC ( by that I mean I doubt I would enjoy them as much as I would on the vita, were to me they feel more natural on)

Yea, gonna be an amazing time for me on the VITA. Hope most of these are ps + free or discounted so I can save some money lol.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
You need to move Velocity 2X in your OP also so to the Vita column.

I know some don't like the focus Sony is putting on Indie games but I love it. There have been many more indie titles I've bought and loved in the past few years than AAA super expensive blockbusters.

Damaniel

Banned
It was a show for indies.
Bold move by Sony

I'm not surprised about pushing indies so hard. Since AAA development costs so much these days, AAA releases that are exclusive to a particular console are going to be fewer and further between (even more so, considering how similar the PS4 and Xbone architecture are). Indie game exclusives are the way forward, and will serve the same role as the larger exclusives from previous generations. Sony has done a better job of realizing this (so far) and lined up a bunch of decent exclusives for the launch window.

Indies are nice, but they don't sell systems (IMO) and I think that's a mistake they are making with the Vita. I also thought today's conference was too indy heavy. Launch is in a few months, and we have seen very little onstage of Knack, Killzone, and especially Driveclub since February. You would think they would be pushing their retail console exclusives a little harder

I'm not surprised about pushing indies so hard. Since AAA development costs so much these days, AAA releases that are exclusive to a particular console are going to be fewer and further between (even more so, considering how similar the PS4 and Xbone architecture are). Indie game exclusives are the way forward, and will serve the same role as the larger exclusives from previous generations. Sony has done a better job of realizing this (so far) and lined up a bunch of decent exclusives for the launch window.

Agreed.

megalowho

The best part about a lot of these and previously announced titles for me is that from a design standpoint, they're really great portable games. For that reason alone I can see myself rebuying a few that I'm already familiar with. Relatively cheap, cool games from a variety of genres - who doesn't want more of those things on every platform?

You need to move Velocity 2X in your OP also so to the Vita column.

I know some don't like the focus Sony is putting on Indie games but I love it. There have been many more indie titles I've bought and loved in the past few years than AAA super expensive blockbusters.

Not sure about Velocity 2X but I noticed that all these games are self-published and doesn't include things like Rime, Shadow of the Beast, etc.

Paz

YAY Cactus got announced for PS4 and Vita :D SO EXCITED. We've been waiting to tell the world for a while now :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Buying:

Rogue Legacy
Fez
Binding of Isaac
Hotline Miami 2
Broken Sword 5

My Vita is ready.

Top Bottom