• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aonuma on Majora's Mask remake: "Say that I laughed"

trololol
Nintendo’s Eiji Aonuma is keeping quiet about the potential of a Majora’s Mask remake. In a recent interview with IGN, Aonuma laughed when asked if fans might see the game remade soon, purposefully leaving his answer open for interpretation.

“Please write that I laughed,” Aonuma told IGN in response (after, indeed, laughing). "Don’t make it sound like I laughed because I was troubled or inconvenienced or put out. I don’t want them to read anything into it. But if you want to say that I laughed, I think that would be a good answer."

When pressed about how fans should interpret that, Aonuma simply told us, “it’s really up to them. If they want to interpret my laughter as, ‘yeah, we’re making it’ or ‘no, we’re not,’ I guess that’s really up to them.”
Thanks IGN

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Aonuma: *laughs*

Personally, I think the guy is fucking sick of working on Zelda games, and his laugh has very complex undertones.

wrowa

So... it's up to my imagination if I'll be playing a Majora's Mask remake in the next years? That's certainly cool. Or not. My mind is not sure yet. I think I'll just laugh for the time being.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'll take that as confirmed, improved assets, renderer stylizing the game like the official artwork (hard shadow shaders), extra content, and launching early next year.

FStop7

Banned
But mother nature already remade it...

wyLcpFdh.jpg

Meesh

Heck I'd be happy if they'd just release it on Wiiu VC!!! Still....a 3ds remake would be welcome...

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
MM3D on 3DS would make it the Zelda machine. The DS games, OoT3D, MM3D, the latest 3DS Zelda game and a ton of the older ones too. I'd pay large £££ for a Zelda 3DS bundle that would come with every handheld Zelda available.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'll take that as confirmed, improved assets, renderer stylizing the game like the official artwork (hard shadow shaders), extra content, and launching early next year.
Oh, God that sounds so good. Sooooo goooooood.

...It's probably not going to look like that. EatChildren, you've made me sad now. :(((((((

Yeah, I have no complaints regarding the save system unlike some people, but the sleep function can only make the game better overall.

Even giving it the same treatment as OoT would be worth it for the framerate and aspect ratio alone.

Aonuma: *laughs*

Personally, I think the guy is fucking sick of working on Zelda games, and his laugh has very complex undertones.

Clearly it's that of a maniac complete with a slasher smile, the man has been driven insane.

Mask_Salesman_rage.gif

Guevara

Also getting rid of three-day cycle (too confusing to new Nintendo audience). And an all-new 5 hour tutorial at Lon Lon Romani Ranch (tm)

Het_Nkik

So... it's up to my imagination if I'll be playing a Majora's Mask remake in the next years? That's certainly cool. Or not. My mind is not sure yet. I think I'll just laugh for the time being.

It's like a tulpa, if we all truly believe it exists, it will.

Nah, being able to close the 3DS to sleep it would massively and positively transform the game.

Eh, there's enough of those owls around, I don't think anyone ever got fucked over by the save system. Unless you're playing the JP version.

It's awesome for what it did better than anything else, but it is quite far from perfect.

I mean I don't think a slight graphical polish will do anything to improve the game in any meaningful way. I think the crisper visuals of OoT 3D applied to MM would make it less visually appealing.

If it was a full-on remake, a la something like REmake or Pokemon FRLG/HGSS, I'd be more interested, but that ain't gonna happen.

Piers

I'm assuming It's probably because Miyamoto chose Link to the Past over Majora's Mask, and Aonuma doesn't want to piss him off over an interview question.

I remember purchasing it with Club Nintendo points a while back but never playing it. Now I don't want to for fear that a superior version will most likely be announced the morning after I complete it.

I remember purchasing it with Club Nintendo points a while back but never playing it. Now I don't want to for fear that a superior version will most likely be announced the morning after I complete it.

Just play it, man. If there is a superior version, well, you might not even like the game so you'd save yourself some money. :p

Aonuma is asking for help guys. He wants us to help break him out of the Zelda cycle, poor man is broken.

Koizumi already offered to take over Zelda and give Aonuma Mario, and Aonuma said "no way" much to the chagrin of Nintendo fans.

I think we're stuck with him for a while.

Top Bottom