• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Fitness Officially Announced

sangreal

Official Page: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/xbox-fitness
Announcement Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90vnJ_cNKf0

h/t VlaudTheImpaler

As indicated on the test page, it's a subscription service which will be included with XBLG until January 2015

Coming Holiday 2013

PR: http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/xbox-one-xbox-fitness-unveiled

The Xbox team reached another milestone today with the introduction of “Xbox Fitness,” a new online service built exclusively for Xbox One that takes the world’s most popular fitness videos and makes them interactive. The extensive library of videos from the world’s biggest fitness brands including Beachbody’s P90X® (Tony Horton) and INSANITY® (Shaun T), Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson and others, will be available for free with Xbox Live Gold memberships through December 2014.

Using precision Kinect technology, Xbox Fitness can read your heart rate without a monitor, see which muscles are most engaged by measuring the power, force and transfer of weight in your body, and track the quality of your performance by measuring your balance, tempo and form.

INSANITY’S Shaun T says, “What makes Xbox Fitness so innovative is the feedback it gives you. The Kinect sensor can evaluate your form, tell how high you’re jumping, how hard you’re punching and even read your heart rate. It’s that little missing piece of validation that hasn’t been possible for home fitness products before. Xbox Fitness completes the puzzle.”

Xbox Fitness will deliver personalized program recommendations based on your workout history and past performance, highlight the most popular workouts among Xbox Fitness users, and offer a variety of workouts, from 10 to 60 minutes in length.

Xbox Fitness also helps you push yourself to work harder and stay motivated. Challenges are integrated into your workouts through Xbox Live, tracking your performance history and awards and delivering competitive social challenges. Take on your previous scores, challenge your friends to beat your performance and compare with the Xbox Fitness community.

Xbox Fitness will launch this holiday, just in time to get a jump-start on your New Year’s fitness resolution. With an Xbox Fitness Pass, included free with your Xbox Live Gold membership through December 2014, you’ll have unlimited access to the world’s best workouts, only on Xbox One.

*Xbox Fitness coming Holiday 2013. Starting January 2015, unlimited access requires a paid Xbox Fitness Pass subscription and an Xbox Live Gold membership (both sold separately). Additional Xbox Fitness content is available for purchase, and may vary over time. See xbox.com/xboxfitness..

yoJDALX.jpg

rcfBoCu.jpg

Bigger screens from MN: http://sdrv.ms/1bJwO89

Previous thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686731

Like I just dont understand why the service can't be included in your existing sub? Seriously, if this was cheaper than a gym membership, then $60 a year should cover that. I am really agitated by this and won't even be getting an Xbox one anytime soon.

PSGames

First year is free. And the disclaimer says unlimited access requires additional subscription. So perhaps as a gold member we will receive a certain number of hours free a month after the first year. Regardless I'm really excited for this. One of the few things Kinect truly excels at are fitness and dance games.

Raoh

If I were interested in the XBone I would be excited for this, but I probably still wouldn't put too much into it as my apartment doesn't really allow for an all out workout. Things would fly off the shelves, tv on the floor, etc.

I like stuff like this but I'll stick with my equinox membership.

Rhindle

Welp, they've certainly assembled a lot of names behind this.

Could be a killer app if they play their cards right. Why did they take so long to announce this?

PSGames

This plus football and TV functionality are marketing goldmines. I'm just not sure the price at $500 is right though. We shall see over the next year.

Edit:
My wife watched the video. So yeah, she's getting an Xbox One now. On the upside, I get to play Killer Instinct at launch. Cheaper than her gym (but not mine) and she can use it whenever she wants without driving anywhere. This thing could do really well for MS.

And there you go. Seems to be working already.

UNCMark

Banned
My wife watched the video. So yeah, she's getting an Xbox One now. On the upside, I get to play Killer Instinct at launch. Cheaper than her gym (but not mine) and she can use it whenever she wants without driving anywhere. This thing could do really well for MS.

Naminator

Banned
I actually love this idea, my GF will love this as well.

The fuck is the point of even having a Kinect if you're not going to branch it out and make use of it's capabilities in all kinds of different ways?

inb4thehate
kindalatethough

- J - D -

I wonder what programs in this will require additional costs. The full P90x program still retails at over $100 new (though you can get it for much less used).

Still, I like the idea that Kinect could record your stats and heart rate, two things you need to be on top of if you're doing P90x.

If only they had P90x2. I haven't done that one yet.

edit: Also, it's real weird seeing Tony Horton do an ad for Xbox.

Every account on the box getting gold if the primary has it a very smart move. Also you could probably jump into this without ever touching the controller using Kinect and the automatic sign in. Nice move Microsoft.

once they start advertising this fully, it going to go a long way

a mom sees that its a game console aswell as has the fitness stuff without requiring you to buy any additional hardware on top of it = WIN
also it scedules and monitors your fitness plan = huge plus

Valnen

Actually a great idea if the pricing isn't... Insanity.

They'd be stupid to make the subscription expensive. Why pay for a virtual gym membership when you can go to an actual gym? If anything this should be free forever, even for silver members.

hohoXD123

This is one of those things which should be behind a paywall and can justify an XBLG membership, unlike skype, netflix, etc. Though it's not just behind one paywall, it's behind two. Ridiculous.

Razdek

Banned
If it can give you real time feedback on how you're doing and track your stat that would be cool. I know that there are times when I'm doing the P90X videos where I know I'm slacking with the moves so if Kinect can catch that and tell you you're doing it wrong then it would awesome.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
This is one of those things which should be behind a paywall and can justify an XBLG membership, unlike skype, netflix, etc. Though it's not just behind one paywall, it's behind two. Ridiculous.

Yeah having this behind Gold and requiring another subscription fee paid to MS as well is fucking awful.

VanWinkle

Pretty cool, but I think I'll probably go with Wii Fit U, as I think I would do better with something that operated more like a game than an excercise DVD with feedback. Again, that IS cool, but it doesn't seem like it will be for me.

Tsundere

Banned
So it's exactly as I stated in the other thread, it's an additional subscription to be able to watch the videos, with your Kinect statistics being shown on screen.

Top Bottom