• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Guardians of the Galaxy' has wrapped production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is a surprise for me, cause I thought it started shooting like, last month.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/14/guardians-of-the-galaxy-has-wrapped

It's a wrap for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, director James Gunn announced on his Facebook page.

"And that is an Official Wrap on Guardians of the Galaxy," wrote Gunn. "My heartfelt gratitude goes out to all of you involved with this film. Everyone down the line has been one hundred percent supportive of me and the Marvel team at every turn, and although I can be harsh or hurried at times, it has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. I feel profoundly fortunate to have been surrounded by the people on this film - because of your talent, your insight, your passion, your liveliness, and your friendship. From the cast to the producers to the costumers to the A.D.s to the stand-ins to the P.A.s to the extras to the stunties and on and on, this movie is what it is because of all of you. Thank you thank you thank you a thousand times, from the bottom of my heart. I love you all."

Focused on an oddball team thrust together to defeat the forces of evil, the sci fi action comedy Guardians of the Galaxy opens August 1, 2014.

studyguy

Not the biggest fan of comics, but I generally know the big guys.
I feel like the average moviegoer and I honesly don't know what the fuck Guardians of the Galaxy are supposed to be. Looked up the people and idk... some of them look less than impressive, but then again I'm not super into them. Feel like the sort of general public they're probably aim at.

I wonder how they're going to market this thing, it's Marvel right?
Feels like pre-Watchmen... did that do well? I can't recall.

kai3345

Banned
I feel like the average moviegoer and I honesly don't know what the fuck Guardians of the Galaxy are supposed to be. Looked up the people and idk... some of them look less than impressive, but then again I'm not super into them. Feel like the sort of general public they're probably aim at.

Most people excited for this movie don't give a shit about GoG but are interested due to the movie's crazy cast

Crap like Shield is bringing in big numbers with only the Marvel name.

Just rewatched "Slither" last night. Surprised a couple people who were watching with us when I told them "Yeah, that's the guy making the Guardians movie."

Deadstar

Most people excited for this movie don't give a shit about GoG but are interested due to the movie's crazy cast

Exactly. I know nothing about the G of the G but it looks so insane I would not miss it. This looks way more awesome than something like Spiderman, who I know more about but is generally a boring character.

NotLiquid

What the hell, so soon? It feels like I just heard of the announcement. Isn't there an entire year left until it's release?

I didn't even know James Gunn was responsible for it.

Xion385

Get Hyped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNilngsgKzU

tumblr_msj306shZX1sx48yno1_400.gif

guardians-of-the-galaxy-leaked-footage-starlord-2.gif

It might have "wrapped" but "production" is far from being done. Given that most of these films have more scenes with CG than not, I'm waiting for the day when us CGI bumfucks are actually counted as part of the team...

Tucah

you speak so well
Very excited for this, it's easily my most anticipated film of the three remaining pre-A2 movies.

Wow, didn't expect it to wrap so soon.

Can we expect a trailer/teaser attached to Thor 2?

Probably not, I would assume we'd get a Captain America teaser instead since that's out first.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And the Academy Award goes to..Dave Batista!

pants

I have a sneaky suspicion this is going to be the first Marvel movie to bomb, or at least come in way under normal Marvel money.

.la1n

I have a sneaky suspicion this is going to be the first Marvel movie to bomb, or at least come in way under normal Marvel money.

I think it has a harder road to travel than some of their other properties but they have good momentum going right now and the advertising chops to pull it off I think.

rakhir

Nah, they will show some funny trailers and people will be stoked to see it, even if they don't know what GoG is. The first, leaked one was pretty good in that regard, the middle finger was a nice gag.

Lmo911

Short production might be because they're aware of the risk on this one. Trying to play it lean, but all that cgi says otherwise. I've never really noticed how long it takes marvel to make a movie before.

My fingers are crossed. I would be surprised if there isn't.

Would be great if they showed Groot or Rocket in the post credit scene.

Probably not, I would assume we'd get a Captain America teaser instead since that's out first.

I'd completely forgotten about CapAm2. Yeah, I think a teaser for this is more likely. Still, GoTG could appear in the post credit scene?

Keep hope alive.

Quick

Banned
I think it has a harder road to travel than some of their other properties but they have good momentum going right now and the advertising chops to pull it off I think.

All that's left is to properly market this, and Marvel and Disney know what they're doing, and more importantly, have the money to promote the shit out of this.

It doesn't have quite the same name recognition with your average movie goer as The Avengers or the other Marvel movies, but get that Avengers and Iron Man name plastered in somewhere, and that'll get people paying attention.

Andrew.

Banned
Not expecting much from the guy who wrote all of and partially directed Lollipop Chainsaw.

I fucking love Lollipop Chainsaw

Nerdkiller

Membeur
This is now a Dave Batista thread.

As for the movie itself, I'm not really that hyped for it (I honestly found Avengers to be "meh"), but if it's going to clash with a movie next year, it better be Amazing Spiderman 2. After the first one, I can only hope that the next movie will crash and burn.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whine, whine, whine.

Batista.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom